Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Coming Home > The Countdown
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Countdown Post your final countdown threads and discussions here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 01:50 AM
Devoted Fiance

Default 195 days to go! February 15th, 2017

My fiance is due to get out February 15th 2017. The day after Valentine's Day. What am I going to do with myself for 195 more days? I really want time to go by fast so the holidays can pass and it could be time to start remodeling our bedroom and picking up last minute thing she will need. I just can't wait to have her back in my arms. I miss her so much.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jakeparrot For This Useful Post:
HisSoul (08-14-2016), missingdee (08-04-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2016, 07:13 AM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the countdown!! I hear what you mean about wanting time to just fly lol. Summer has always been my favorite season, but now I want nothing more than for it to end lol. For me, I'm taking a couple of classes this fall so that by the time they end, I'll just have a little over a month until my fiancé comes home. I've been taking classes the entire time he's been gone and it's been my way of coping. It keeps me busy, so for you, remodeling your bedroom might be a nice project to take on to help time go by! I'm right there with you and we'll get through it! It does feel like it's kinda dragging though now that it's almost over lol.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (08-04-2016)
Old 08-04-2016, 07:22 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeparrot View Post
My fiance is due to get out February 15th 2017. The day after Valentine's Day. What am I going to do with myself for 195 more days? I really want time to go by fast so the holidays can pass and it could be time to start remodeling our bedroom and picking up last minute thing she will need. I just can't wait to have her back in my arms. I miss her so much.
Hey hey, congratulations Jake. I'm just a couple months ahead of you on the calendar but I've had a lot of sort of the same thoughts....except in my case I want the holidays to get here because she'll be out in time for Christmas

Take some breaths...I'll tell you, for some reason right around 180 to go I went through this period of time where things just seemed to slowwwwwwwwwww doooowwwwwwwn for lack of a better way of putting it, there were about 2 weeks that felt like they took 4 1/2 years. in and of themselves. Thought I was going crazy for a second (but apparently I'm not the only one who's experienced this phenomenon.) Had another bout last week that wasn't that slow but definitely felt slower than it should have been. I'm sitting at 134 today, with a chance it might be less and a VERY SLIGHT chance it might get moved up to some time in September (but not getting my hopes up.)

Just take it a day at a time, she's going to be home before you know it....or it'll take forever, depending on how the time runs from week to week But it's coming.

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 08-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Devoted Fiance

Her birthday was on Friday and she found out from her sister that her cat got hit by a car so she was a mess. I talked to her and got her in a better mood then I promising her that we would get a kitten when we get our apartment. Time is going so slow but we are getting there. Exactly 6 more months to go!

Old 08-15-2016, 10:32 AM

Congrats!! We are at 148 days now. Some days I feel like it's moving and others I feel like time is standing still. We stated this journey with 8 months and it was extended to 19 and now we just under 5 months to go. I feel like once the weather changes and it starts to get cold time will start to move again. Once the holiday season comes and goes he will be on his way home. It's coming our day will come.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:24 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,597 Posts

Sorry to hear about your girlfriend's cat. I think you've got the right approach to it though......control the things you can, let go the things you can't.

We're like a little cohort of 6 months and under here. My little count-down on my phone says 123 days left here. Soon enough, folks, soon enough...(just keep swimming...)

-E
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 08-21-2016, 04:09 PM
Devoted Fiance

Haha that's what I always tell her. Just keep swimming. Worry about what you can control and worry about the rest once you are out. I just ordered her two more books in the series she is reading so hopefully when they arrive she will be busy for a while. My biggest concern is that she has a detainer for her fines and court costs that I am trying to handle. They want half of what she owes so I am looking at $1500. I am starting to save for that but it is hard when I am the sole supporter of her commissary and phone account as well. Her parents have only sent money once and barely ever write her. They don't answer the phone when she calls and if they do they end up making her cry somehow. There was no reason she needed to know that her cat died on her birthday..Especially when the cat died like a month before hand. I just pray to god that everything goes smoothly up until February and that her release happens on the right day. We are planning on getting a hotel room for our first night back together since I live with my mom and brother and I just want a night that is all about us. I can't wait to pick out a Christmas present for her and even more so than that I can't wait until I can start getting the fine details polished like cleaning and organizing our bedroom, buying her a cell phone, and of course buying her all of the last minute items she will need for the first day like shampoo, a heavy coat, a cute hoodie, and 4 blade razors. We have decided our first meal together will be pizza and hot wings with a case of mountain dew soda. Everyday brings us just a little bit closer together (both emotionally and literally) Anyways I can't wait to update when only 150 day remain.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:06 PM

Thanked 1,451 Times in 952 Posts

Ok so I'm no where close to all your numbers. We are at 771 days. But I'm still counting down and I can't wait to start a thread in the coming home forum. But you guys will Be long gone by then. Check in here and let us know how things are going.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:48 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,245 Times in 1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
Ok so I'm no where close to all your numbers. We are at 771 days. But I'm still counting down and I can't wait to start a thread in the coming home forum. But you guys will Be long gone by then. Check in here and let us know how things are going.
You'll get here soon enough! I remember when I first joined and we had 4 1/2 years to go on this sentence and we had just started. Everyone would always say, it'll fly by and will be over soon! It's true lol. Just keep trucking!

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Old 08-21-2016, 09:56 PM

I sure am doing my best thanks

Old 08-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Devoted Fiance

So we are at 169 days. We used the last of our phone call money on Sunday night. She told me that her psych meds were changed and she was worried. She was having negative side effects from some of them so when she told the doctor he just took her off of the ones she was complaining about. Hopefully she is okay and her behavior isn't affected negatively. For a while she was settled in and wasn't complaining much about being in jail but now it is starting to get to her again. I'm going to visit her in a little while. I really hope she is in a good mood. 24 more Tuesday visits to go!

Old 08-30-2016, 02:59 PM

Hope everything is ok. Please keep us posted and yay 24 more. It will go fast. We are at 54 more Fridays I go every other week.

Last edited by nygirl17; 08-30-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Old 08-31-2016, 03:23 AM
Devoted Fiance

Thank you and congrats! So I went to see her and she is fine. She actually apologized for getting me worried. They changed the way sign ins for visits work and it is a new headache but she seems to be doing okay. I sent her an adult coloring book that she should have received with the mail after our visit. We have decided to not do phone calls anymore. They are too expensive and we always end up upsetting each other because I have the pressure of trying to preserve the calls so they last and she just wants to call constantly with nothing to really say. For now we are just going to write letters and do our weekly visits.

Old 08-31-2016, 10:51 AM

That sounds like a great plan and it will be good for you to save money and when she comes home do something nice together. It will be here before you know It. Glad she's doing ok. I know you were worried with the med change. But now you know and can relax a bit.

Old 08-31-2016, 02:13 PM
Account Closed

congrates.that are great News.. I hope and wish you both that the time will run fast till you both can be together again.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:18 AM

Congrats!!! Im sure you know, but incase you dont: hotwire.com for hotel rooms! Seriously you can get a room for way cheaper than you planned, or spend as much as you planned on but a better room/hotel

<3 My Hulk - His Snowflake <3

Old 09-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Devoted Fiance

So I am happy to say that we only have 150 days to go! She got a new job as a librarian. She says it's boring but better than doing nothing. I am so exited to go see her on Tuesday.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:27 PM

Theses months have been flying by. 150 that's awesome. We are at 743 and a wake up. I've been counting down to that 730 Mark 2 years I can't wait.
At least she has a job even though it's boring it will help keep her mind busy.

Old 10-02-2016, 04:24 PM

My baby comes home in 92 days guys!! I'm so nervous, happy, scared, he's got my heart in his pocket! So nervous I feel like a giddy little girl. Just got to get into the 80's.

Never give up on the ones you love..
I need him more than he needs me.
I love you.
Come home to me.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:54 PM
Devoted Fiance

We had a good visit this week. It is going to be hard for her to miss the holidays this year but I promised her we would make up for everything. I am still going to get her a Christmas present, it will just be almost 2 months late. She seems to be doing well. She has a good cell mate now and I am really hoping they stick together until this is all over. Her cell mate writes me sometimes to let me know how she is really doing. It makes me feel better to get reports from someone who will not sugar coat things to make me feel better. Hopefully she has got this! She has been in jail for 6 months tomorrow without any real issues and she only has 4 months and 9 days to go. Time is passing but not as fast as I would like it to. I just can't wait for the day I can go to pick her up and this will all be over. I actually have trouble imagining what it will be like to have her back. She is my first love so it is easy for me to forget what it is like to have someone that I can hug and be affectionate with. I miss her terribly though. Good luck to everyone else with their countdowns as well. We will all get there eventually. Time passes no matter what.

Old 10-06-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeparrot View Post
We had a good visit this week. It is going to be hard for her to miss the holidays this year but I promised her we would make up for everything. I am still going to get her a Christmas present, it will just be almost 2 months late. She seems to be doing well. She has a good cell mate now and I am really hoping they stick together until this is all over. Her cell mate writes me sometimes to let me know how she is really doing. It makes me feel better to get reports from someone who will not sugar coat things to make me feel better. Hopefully she has got this! She has been in jail for 6 months tomorrow without any real issues and she only has 4 months and 9 days to go. Time is passing but not as fast as I would like it to. I just can't wait for the day I can go to pick her up and this will all be over. I actually have trouble imagining what it will be like to have her back. She is my first love so it is easy for me to forget what it is like to have someone that I can hug and be affectionate with. I miss her terribly though. Good luck to everyone else with their countdowns as well. We will all get there eventually. Time passes no matter what.

It seems like yesterday I was just 4-5 months away from my LO getting out... Now we are 2 months 4 weeks out, and time is flying..

Once you get to the 100 day count down its a lot easier because you go by 10 day increments and not chunks of time. It's much better that way! Just hit 89 days to go, and I remember waking up and it being 100 days! 11 days gone! And it will happen again and again, until your bring your nails for the moment she comes home to you. The last week of waiting will be the worst, but the best. All at the same time. Keep your head up. We're all in this together.

I love you.
Come home to me.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:58 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGLJF_9409 View Post
It seems like yesterday I was just 4-5 months away from my LO getting out... Now we are 2 months 4 weeks out, and time is flying..

Once you get to the 100 day count down its a lot easier because you go by 10 day increments and not chunks of time. It's much better that way! Just hit 89 days to go, and I remember waking up and it being 100 days! 11 days gone! And it will happen again and again, until your bring your nails for the moment she comes home to you. The last week of waiting will be the worst, but the best. All at the same time. Keep your head up. We're all in this together.

wait till you get to under 30 days... then it really starts flying! Good luck to us all... !!

Old 10-07-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick92 View Post
wait till you get to under 30 days... then it really starts flying! Good luck to us all... !!
You must be so excited!!! Yes I can't wait till I'm at 30 days, hoping this time goes by. Little faster for me....

I love you.
Come home to me.
Old 10-09-2016, 11:21 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 29,299 Times in 13,646 Posts

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (10-11-2016)
Old 10-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Devoted Fiance

I know! I'm so excited! We are getting there!

The Following User Says Thank You to jakeparrot For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-09-2016)
Closed Thread