Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrS.HiT.LoC
Just curious.. what yard is your husband on? I was wondering if our husbands knew each other.
Unfortunately, I'm no longer at HDSP but my husband was on B-yard before they went SNY now we're in Delano @ KVSP & well here we are going into our 4th month and we can't even get a stinkin' counselor to approve our family visits.

I'm super happy for all of you that are getting that much needed one on one, husband and wife time. My heart smiles for you!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Just curious.. what yard is your husband on? I was wondering if our husbands knew each other.

he's on C yard
Old 03-27-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepee
Unfortunately, I'm no longer at HDSP but my husband was on B-yard before they went SNY now we're in Delano @ KVSP & well here we are going into our 4th month and we can't even get a stinkin' counselor to approve our family visits.

I'm super happy for all of you that are getting that much needed one on one, husband and wife time. My heart smiles for you!!!
oh wow Tepee sorry 2 hear that, but I know ur capable of hangin in there. It took us 7 months 2 get approved when he got transferred to pelican Bay a couple years back so stay positive girl
Old 03-27-2008, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesbabigirl
he's on C yard
Oh okay.. mine is on A yard. I'm hoping to have my next FV in May sometime.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepee

Oh man that sucks! Hopefully you will get approved soon. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Oh okay.. mine is on A yard. I'm hoping to have my next FV in May sometime.
im tryin for another visit soon too

Last edited by nitesbabigirl; 03-27-2008 at 11:54 PM..
Old 04-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Can anyone tell me exactly how this works with applying for your next FV? Do we have to wait 30 days from our last visit before turning in the packet or our visit just has to be 30 days after the last one? I'm kinda confused with this and I want to make sure we do it right so we don't get denied. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Can anyone tell me exactly how this works with applying for your next FV? Do we have to wait 30 days from our last visit before turning in the packet or our visit just has to be 30 days after the last one? I'm kinda confused with this and I want to make sure we do it right so we don't get denied. Thanks!
he has 2 go 2 his counselor & ask 30 days from the day of the last visit from what officer coyle told me, but the process is fast he said
Old 04-04-2008, 11:29 AM
HIS WIFE... WE GOT THIS

nites!!! I cant wait its almost Feb 18th... I hope everything is okay with the lockdown etc...
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo
nites!!! I cant wait its almost Feb 18th... I hope everything is okay with the lockdown etc...

hey girl I hope this lockdown is lifted soon 2 becuz we trying to get another one asap. But i will pray that everything will be fine for ur visit. & im sure u meant April 18th..lol lets keep our fingers crossed
Old 04-04-2008, 04:41 PM
HIS WIFE... WE GOT THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesbabigirl
hey girl I hope this lockdown is lifted soon 2 becuz we trying to get another one asap. But i will pray that everything will be fine for ur visit. & im sure u meant April 18th..lol lets keep our fingers crossed
Yes I meant April 18th....

I cant wait
Old 04-07-2008, 08:56 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebo View Post
Yes I meant April 18th....

I cant wait
2 little weeks girl I wish I was going with u
Old 04-07-2008, 09:44 PM
HIS WIFE... WE GOT THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitesbabigirl View Post
2 little weeks girl I wish I was going with u
I kno!!! you just had 2 go get ur freak on before me... okay...

IT MY TURN!!!!
I cant wait tho.... one month will match up & go...
Old 04-07-2008, 11:18 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
I kno!!! you just had 2 go get ur freak on before me... okay...

IT MY TURN!!!!

I cant wait tho.... one month will match up & go...

thats cool with me i think now we will be just 2 weeks off now
Old 04-10-2008, 10:56 AM

Default family visit questions

Hi, I'm new to this so I wanted to start by saying hi to everyone. My husband arrived in High Desert in Jan. We have been trying to get family visits since he arrived. His first application was loss. The second was resubmitted in Mar. Now were both waiting anxiously. Does anyone know how long this process takes before the family visit gets approved and scheduled? I've been trying to call Sgt Coyle but can never get ahold of him. Any ideas to speed up the process would be helpful also. Thank you so much. Becky
Old 04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyloveswayne View Post
Hi, I'm new to this so I wanted to start by saying hi to everyone. My husband arrived in High Desert in Jan. We have been trying to get family visits since he arrived. His first application was loss. The second was resubmitted in Mar. Now were both waiting anxiously. Does anyone know how long this process takes before the family visit gets approved and scheduled? I've been trying to call Sgt Coyle but can never get ahold of him. Any ideas to speed up the process would be helpful also. Thank you so much. Becky
wow sorry 2 hear that but if u do ever reach Coyle he will tell u that his hands are tied until he gets the paper work with all the signatures. tell ur husband to get at his counselor again and if he still gets no answer then he needs to 602 him then I bet u will get a respons then. u guys have 2 stay on top of this becuz the staff is not to enthusiastic about inmates receiving family visits. but Officer Coyle is real cool and if u leave a msg he is good about call backs so if u dont hear from him maybe he's on vacation. Oh yeah u need 2 make sure the money is already on his books before they even think about setting up a date. good luck

Last edited by nitesbabigirl; 04-10-2008 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-10-2008, 12:37 PM

Thank you so much for the info.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:01 AM

Default more questions about family visit

Hi again,
Yeah! I finally talked to Sgt Coyle and it looks like I'm going to get a visit the 1st or 2nd weekend in May. I'm so nervous. I have read the above posted information on family visits, but still have a few questions. One, is that it doesn't mention anything about bring shampoo and conditioner or body wash. Second, it says your makeup has to sealed so does that mean you have to buy all new makeup if you want to bring it? Also, what about lotion? How is the check in process? Should I write a list of my belongings to speed up the process? Any info would be helpful. Thank you so much. Becky
Old 04-17-2008, 11:50 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Hi again,
Yeah! I finally talked to Sgt Coyle and it looks like I'm going to get a visit the 1st or 2nd weekend in May. I'm so nervous. I have read the above posted information on family visits, but still have a few questions. One, is that it doesn't mention anything about bring shampoo and conditioner or body wash. Second, it says your makeup has to sealed so does that mean you have to buy all new makeup if you want to bring it? Also, what about lotion? How is the check in process? Should I write a list of my belongings to speed up the process? Any info would be helpful. Thank you so much. Becky
u can bring shampoo, conditioner & body wash everything just has to be in the maufacturer's bottles. as far as make up goes not sure i didnt take any in but u dont have to buy new make up just make sure they are in original containers and make sure to take your dishwashing liquid. if u hav any other questions feel free to PM me becuz i think im going the first or second weekend of may 2
Old 04-18-2008, 01:59 AM
Behind us now!

Question

I am sooo confused here. How do family visits work do you get like your own room with your husband or is it like one big room with multipule families? Also for those that have had a family visit before how much does it cost??? My husband is in HDSP and he told me it ran like $600.00

Old 04-18-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverhis31907 View Post
I am sooo confused here. How do family visits work do you get like your own room with your husband or is it like one big room with multipule families? Also for those that have had a family visit before how much does it cost??? My husband is in HDSP and he told me it ran like $600.00
heck no it doesnt cost $600 well if it costs that much 4 u 2 get there maybe. but the only thing u pay for is the food u will be eating. my husband and I havent spent more than $150 on any family visit and you get ur own little bungalow. its like a small 2 bedroom apartment and u definitely dont share, ewww but u will love havin that time alone
The Following User Says Thank You to nitesbabigirl For This Useful Post:
Foreverhis31907 (04-20-2008)
Old 04-18-2008, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverhis31907 View Post
We spent like $130 on food, other than that I spent money on gas to drive up there and back so you won't spend that much. It's pretty much worth it because you get to be there with him for 3 days. I figure we'll get our family visits every other month so it's not so bad.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.Hit29 For This Useful Post:
Foreverhis31907 (04-20-2008)
Old 05-03-2008, 08:48 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Hi again,
Becky, don't worry about writing your belongings down officer Coyle or another officer will go through all of your things and make sure nothing gets in that is not suppose to. As for make-up, yes, you have to make sure that it is factory sealed... each and every time you go. As for the shampoo and everything you can take it as long as it's in the manufactor sealed containers or you can put them in the see through travel size bottles. Lotion is the same as the shampoo and everything. I highly suggest just putting everything in the see through bottles because when I was up there I saw them tell two different women that they could not take in their lotion or their conditioner because of a certain alchol that was in them. If there is not ingrediants to read how can they tell you no? Anyhow, that was my experiance with HDSP it's been a few months but I don't think that things have changed that drastically. Have fun though!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 PM
HIS WIFE... WE GOT THIS

NITES...... 4 more days until............

Last edited by ebo; 05-05-2008 at 12:54 PM..
Old 05-05-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm The Key 2 His Lock

i know i still have sum stuff 2 buy, it seems like i dont have enuf time with my work load & all but i still need more time nah just playing..lol

Quote:
NITES...... 4 more days until............

The Following User Says Thank You to nitesbabigirl For This Useful Post:
Mrs key (10-10-2017)
Closed Thread