Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

High Desert State Prison (HDSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to HDSP-High Desert State Prison located in Susanville, California.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savswifey View Post
I've sent letters through jpay a few times and I don't think my man ever got them. Does anyone know if that even works? I've sent my new number and he has yet to call. If he got them I know he would have called for sure.
I do the same thing you can only write 34 lines my ex fiancé has received them but like always it's behind the c/os seem to take there sweet ass time to print and give but if u want call and make sure I tell them u sent them thru jpay
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2013, 03:15 PM

i though i would share this with fellow friends jpay for HDSP im not sure if its all or some inmate but YOU can email them they cant email back! its through jpay only like 5.97 for 5 stamps/letters. its 34 lines of writing which is actually alot. they recive in a week or 2 hope this helps someone any questions PM me ( i have done it)
http://jpay.com/PEMessages.aspx
Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Question Sexy pics to your loved ones

recently i took some "sexy" pics, does anyone know how much you can show? are lingerie pics okay? what is to revealing? please i sent pics not even thinking, all my parts were covered just dont want it to be sent back =/ ill feel stupid and embarrased!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:54 PM

Lol well it varies on the prison i think. I remember i sent my fiance a pic of me in a bikini from a far and they took those pics. But apparently prison is not so strict depending on the facility. You should ask your man or whomever and they can ask the officers.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:21 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyBeast View Post
HD is pretty coo on pictures I never had any sent back, has long as the nipples and cat are cover they don't trip. I even had a sheer lingerie that wAs see thru and he got them with no issue. I was told mesh or fishnet is fine too. They just don't want str8 azz and titties out lol
LMFAO that cracked me up. Yes no titties and ass fo sho. besides, you dont want the guards to see it when they are inspecting your letters and in some cases the guards would usually take the pic for themselves as well. so must be careful!
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 AM

you can send totally nude but make sure you put their inmate address on the back and their name.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 AM

Hi ladies. I just found out an old friend of mine is now at HDSP. I sent a letter and I missed out one digit from this DOC number. There was supposed to be 222 at the end, and I only wrote 22...Do you think this'll get through, or should I just send another letter?

Also, I'm in the UK, and I want to send in some stamps. Anyone know what stamps are suitable for Airmail?

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:06 PM

If I forgot to put the housing unit on the envelope when I sent the mail out will he still receive his mail?
Old 10-12-2013, 03:28 PM

Does anyone know if the small mini calenders are allowed for inmates. Im guessing its 4inch by 4inch. Just take out the staples? Someone anyone lol
Old 12-18-2013, 06:17 AM

Hi there! Anyone know if the mailroom is backed up, and if so how far. I've had a couple of letters go missing, so I wondered if they're just being slow now it's near to Xmas. Thanks
Old 12-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Donation Award 

He's getting some letters within a week from the bay area but some are taking almost two weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to sarita88 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by et&fg
If I forgot to put the housing unit on the envelope when I sent the mail out will he still receive his mail?
I'm guessing by now you've found this out but yes he will. If you get the cdcr# and facility right, he'll get it. My guy said it gets there, it might take a while longer though.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:37 PM

Hello, I'm new to this. My bf was transferred to HDSP 2 weeks ago. I still have not heard from him. Do any of you know how long it takes to hear from him? I've been sending him letters, but I don't know his housing info. Do you think he will still get the letters? Thanks!

Last edited by Anniesmomjj; 04-16-2014 at 05:46 PM..
Old 08-13-2014, 10:19 PM

Oh, I had put this in the wrong forum earlier. Here it goes again:

My son arrived in Susanville last Tuesday. He wrote me a letter saying that they took all of their property and could not have it back until after they see committee. So his letter was sent in an envelope that said
"indigent mail". Does anyone know how many of these envelopes they will give them per month? I know that it's supposed to take 2-3 to go the the committee but it took his friend a month. So I am not expecting him to get his property, which includes his mailing supplies for a good month. I was hoping to hear from him again. Thank you in advance.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:44 AM

Tinasfive. You can send your son a writing package, even if he's in reception. I believe you can send 2 books of stamps, a pad of binder paper (no wire) and 40 envelopes. There is a list in the 'stickies' at the top of the HDSP forum, under the thread 'information guide', but it wouldn't hurt to phone the mailroom on ext. 5823 and ask what you can send in to reception. As for indigent envelopes I think it may be 3/week, not sure. Good luck.
Old 09-23-2014, 08:24 PM
~LOVE IS PATIENT~

Does anyone know how many pictures we can send to them? What about perfume, can we spray it on?

My love just got here and he was supposed to be released last month, however they added more time and now he is here... I know nothing about this prison and anything will be greatly appreciated..
Old 09-25-2014, 09:48 AM

does anyone know how long it's taking for them to get mail on cyard

Old 09-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1L_FLACA View Post
Does anyone know how many pictures we can send to them? What about perfume, can we spray it on?

My love just got here and he was supposed to be released last month, however they added more time and now he is here... I know nothing about this prison and anything will be greatly appreciated..
Hi I not sure about the pics but I have sent like 12 at a time and that was fine. I spray my letters an they all make it to him also my love gets his mail from me anywhere from 5 days to ocassionally 2 weeks later an he's on c. Hope that helps.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:32 PM

littleun, thank you for the help. I forgot to get back on here and let you know it all worked out. By his second week there he was able to call me. He was placed in his permanent housing really quick. He is able to call everyday.

Just FYI, for some reason the mail I send in a large envelope gets to him within 4 days. Regular legal size envelopes take about 10 days to get to him.
The Following User Says Thank You to tinasfive For This Useful Post:
littleun (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 AM

Anyone else's mail going really slow/ going missing? My boy's in Z unit, and the past few weeks loads of letters seem to be getting held up...
Old 01-17-2015, 12:02 AM

Has anyone mail gone missing up here?its been almost a month sent pictures and he still hasnt got it smh !!!! Hopefully its just not me... 😬
Old 04-13-2015, 06:59 PM

Hello ,
my man needs me to send envelopes stamps and paper. I need to know what are the limitts. I know i can send it in big envelope but what is the weight limit and etc.
Thanks
Old 06-15-2015, 08:43 AM

Default Sending paper

I don't think weight is an issue. You can send up to a certain amount of paper, envelopes or stamps. At one location it was up to 20 envelopes or 20 pages of paper. Also, one book of stamps. They were only allowed to have up to 40 stamps at a time. I would break it down and send more envelopes of things so you are not sending too much in one envelope. Only the quarterly packages go by weight. You can order paper and envelopes and things when you order a quarterly package too. If you have not sent on this quarter you can still hurry and do it before the 24th. It's almost the end of the quarter now. The new quarter begins July 1.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisNum1Wify View Post
Has anyone mail gone missing up here?its been almost a month sent pictures and he still hasnt got it smh !!!! Hopefully its just not me... 😬
How long does it take before he gets your mail?