Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

ONEIDA HUB PRISONS - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located in the ONEIDA HUB - Oneida, Mohawk, Mid-State, Marcy, Hale Creek, Summit, Georgetown, Pharsalia, CNY Psych Ctr.

Old 02-04-2017, 04:00 PM
Blessed beyond measure

Default Midstate SHU 200 visits

Can someone please tell me how the SHU 200 visits work? I can't find up to date information!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2017, 06:14 PM

You can call the prison and the guidance office will tell you about the visit- shu visits are different at different facilities.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:15 PM
JaysMommy

I'm not sure what shu 200 means I forgot the numbers but my husband was in the shu just got moved from mid state 2 months ago. He is now in mental health and got moved due to that. The small box is daytime Saturday or Sunday during the day, the big box is night 5-9 definitely saturday could be sat or sun now i think, they can earn levels to get two visits in a row now in the box and you usually don't see them till 6 at night they bring them down late.Definitely call and insist that they tell you which box he is in, small or big so you know it's day or night sometimes when you call they seem unsure. Also they can have books and magazines I think 10 once a month.

Last edited by JaysMommy820; 02-04-2017 at 08:17 PM..
Old 03-13-2017, 06:57 AM

I am sure you found out by now, visits are Saturday evenings 5pm till 9pm. I use to show up about 530pm and only waited a few times. Same routine, visiting center, main gate, metal detector, and walk through the first visit room to the back door to enter the second visit room, don't stand there like a dummy like I did the first time because no one told me lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to NevaEndNoWorry For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (03-14-2017)
Old 05-24-2018, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysMommy820 View Post
I'm not sure what shu 200 means I forgot the numbers but my husband was in the shu just got moved from mid state 2 months ago. He is now in mental health and got moved due to that. The small box is daytime Saturday or Sunday during the day, the big box is night 5-9 definitely saturday could be sat or sun now i think, they can earn levels to get two visits in a row now in the box and you usually don't see them till 6 at night they bring them down late.Definitely call and insist that they tell you which box he is in, small or big so you know it's day or night sometimes when you call they seem unsure. Also they can have books and magazines I think 10 once a month.
For the day shu visits are you at a table or are you separated by glass or bars. This is my first shu visit at mid state so I would like to have an idea of how it is