Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona subforum.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:06 PM

Question Anything New On Integration

I heard a lot about it for a couple months but haven't heard anything for a while. I know Santa Rita is integrated fully now. Anyone know where else? Dorms don't really matter much since they were considered integrated to begin with. My hubby is on a private yard where they aren't required to integrate so I'm just looking for info on what's happening for the rest of the state. Are they still trying to get people to sign the agreement? Anyone have a loved one who refused to sign?

Thanks in advance!

Met 11/25/13 - Married 3/27/14 - Down Since 6/10/15
Red Rock Correctional Center #2
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Liz

They haven't provided any forms at Kingman for them to sign. As a private prison they aren't subject to the rule, but I heard that at Red Rock inmates were asked to sign.

The actual integration schedule is listed in the court documents as part of the stipulation which the court order then adopts. The stipulation has it spelled out as to which facilities have to do it by which deadlines.

I attached the stipulation, I don't know if that's allowed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Rudisill stipulations.desegregation.pdf (130.2 KB, 5 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Sinir.Fridyrr (02-13-2017)
Old 02-13-2017, 04:07 PM

My husband is at Red Rock and hasn't heard about anyone being asked to sign...and trust me he would have heard!

Integration didn't work so well at Santa Rita...the demographics there are more racially segregated now than ever and they had to move hundreds of inmates who wouldn't sign. They will run into the same problem on every GP yard.

I guess it will probably be 2nd quarter of 2018 before we hear much more about it. Since I don't have anyone on PC or SO yards it looks like March 2018 will be the next installment that affects anybody....I do not look forward to it. It will be a violent and bloody time.

I've read the schedule and the guidelines but I'm going to download it for future reference, thank you.

Old 02-16-2017, 03:25 PM

My LO is in Eyman Rynning unit and all the guys who didn't sign were moved from GP to the PC yard. They have now been there for 2 weeks waiting to see where they are going to move them (COs said it would be a month before they get moved). Phase 3s aren't getting their usual 8 hour visits, since they have to split the blocks between the PCs and the GP inmates.
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ0120 For This Useful Post:
Sinir.Fridyrr (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0120 View Post
My LO is in Eyman Rynning unit and all the guys who didn't sign were moved from GP to the PC yard. They have now been there for 2 weeks waiting to see where they are going to move them (COs said it would be a month before they get moved). Phase 3s aren't getting their usual 8 hour visits, since they have to split the blocks between the PCs and the GP inmates.
Thank you for the input! Obviously they aren't there with the PC's...so are they all in detention? Funny that they did that because they moved a bunch who wouldn't sign from Santa Rita to Rynning when my husband was still there. Did they take the phases away from those who didn't sign like they threatened? Rynning is always a messed up yard split between GP,SO and PC. Always a mess! Please let me know what happens after this!

Old 02-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinir.Fridyrr View Post
Thank you for the input! Obviously they aren't there with the PC's...so are they all in detention? Funny that they did that because they moved a bunch who wouldn't sign from Santa Rita to Rynning when my husband was still there. Did they take the phases away from those who didn't sign like they threatened? Rynning is always a messed up yard split between GP,SO and PC. Always a mess! Please let me know what happens after this!
From what my LO told me everything is basically functioning the same. The main 2 things that got messed up were the visits, and the jobs (anyone who worked in the kitchen was basically fired). They haven't taken the phases away, thankfully. I'm going to go visit this weekend and will update once I find out more about whats going!
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ0120 For This Useful Post:
Sinir.Fridyrr (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ0120 View Post
From what my LO told me everything is basically functioning the same. The main 2 things that got messed up were the visits, and the jobs (anyone who worked in the kitchen was basically fired). They haven't taken the phases away, thankfully. I'm going to go visit this weekend and will update once I find out more about whats going!
Thank you so much!