Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Banned

Default A nice long visit to my only son!

Because we come so far, the detention center allows Tom and I to visit all four times for the week end. Am/pm both Sat/Sun.

We camped at Lake Claiborne State Park! Being focused on the visit, and what to bring My son for his picnic visit, we were surprised that our stay at this campground was so pleasant and felt like "vacation". I am NO big fan of the state of Louisiana for sure! Not after what has happened to Us and the publicity of their justice system lately, giving La the title of "prison Capitol of the whole damned world!" is pretty tragic!

It's a huge money making racket! Claiborne Parish topped the state in prison profits, at $4.4billion this year!

Son is just amazingly resilient, and positive! It squeezes my heart to think of his odds of winning an appeal, but the boy does....think he can win!

To give you an example; I mentioned that one simple act of discretion, could have saved him; (flushing the damned condom) this would have given him....deniability in court!!! He looks at me wide eyed, and says, "But Mom! That would have been a lie, and I'm not gonna' lie! I have to live with my conscience"

Oh brother....he can live with his conscience, but still does not grasp how the adversarial court system plays this game....and still doesn't, "Lord have mercy"! On one hand I have to respect his integrity, but on the other hand......Geesh!

Both afternoons he and I visited alone. We talked like Magpies! As it got to be leaving time this Sunday eve, we tried to say all the things we didn't want to forget. I gave him a pep talk and said to keep up the good work he has done, adapting and being strong. To keep healthy, and watch for the mid life health problems as he becomes 45 next month! His hair is beginning to get white hair sprinkled throughout!!

His concern is that he is able to get out before something happens to His father, me or step-daddy. He really thinks he's going to win this appeal and be "exonerated"! I just think he's so naive! But how can I crush his faith?

As we left the activity hall, I started to pick up my empty water bottle, etc. he said to leave it! Explaining that the deputies had to go through all the food containers, look under table/chairs for any planted contraband, left.

We walked out with our arms around each other into the hallway. I noticed six or seven inmates, in different uniforms, orange, tan and trusty navy blues, standing with their backs to the wall. I said, "What are they waiting for?". He started to laugh, and said they had to be strip searched after their visits before going back to the dorms!

Then he starts laughing, and can hardly get it out...."This will be my fourth strip search this week-end Mom!"

We laughed SO HARD! I got weak! I walked Way, turned around at the end of the hallway, and waved back at him. It was a good way to be able to leave him! Laughing like idiots! :-)

He's sure been lucky to have the circumstances he's incarcerated in, so I'm hoping his luck is changing....for the appeal!

I love that boy!

when the world say's "Give up!". Hope whispers..."One more time...!"
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2012, 07:49 AM

That's awesome, I'm so happy Yall had a great visit. That's awesome the prison allowed all that time to visit. And the strip down part even gave me a good laugh, I didn't know they did that until my first visit seeing my fiance.