Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:55 PM

Default Act 572

There has been talk at Angola LSP that non-violent offenders may get early release and we also heard that it is supposed to go retroactive to 07. When i google act 572 I can't find this information anywhere. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm researching the right act. Has anyone heard about this??
Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 09:29 PM

Rumor. Act 572 of 2012 relates to the police chief in Houma. That act is not related to corrections. I've read every corrections related act for many years now and there is no such early release mechanism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadsLove View Post
There has been talk at Angola LSP that non-violent offenders may get early release and we also heard that it is supposed to go retroactive to 07. When i google act 572 I can't find this information anywhere. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm researching the right act. Has anyone heard about this??
As always, the above is NOT specific legal advice and is only a general statement of the issues and a general, non-specific statement of my opinion of the law. I do not give any legal advice without having met with the client and certainly not over the internet without an attorney client relationship.

http://www.louisianaparole.com/

Keith
The Following User Says Thank You to knordyke For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (01-21-2013)
Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 PM

Oh wow.. So how will they resolve the over crowding issues? The camp chad was just in normally houses 40 and had 96.