Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Default Parole/halfway house question

Hello everyone Iím new here. Stumbled across this site on accident from google searching... itís been extremely helpful reading posts!

My question is my love will be released on a Thursday and I know he will have to report to parole on Friday morning... if I am traveling in from another state for his release and staying the weekend. is it possible his PO will allow him to spend the weekend with me and go to the halfway house on Monday? I told him I donít think that will happen ... May depend on the PO and his record??? Any answers would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2018, 06:05 PM

Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,333 Posts

Is this federal or state?

Old 12-20-2018, 08:29 PM

I would say no. To ask for a pass when the PO just met you would be a mistake. Not just because this would probably be denied, as he is unknown, but for his emotional well being he needs to follow re entry procedure. He doesn’t know how to “be” yet. Try to let him adapt to life slowly. There are reasons why he is being sent to halfway house and o not an interstate release. Men don’t admit it much, but to step straight from prison into a deeply romantic situation can be something very stressful. He hasn’t been full time husband for a time, and sometimes this situation, although sweet, can be a setback.
Best bet follow the rules and get a trusting relationship with PO, then PO can give him a late pass on curfew.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
Is this federal or state?
State
Old 12-21-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Sunny View Post
I would say no. To ask for a pass when the PO just met you would be a mistake. Not just because this would probably be denied, as he is unknown, but for his emotional well being he needs to follow re entry procedure. He doesnít know how to ďbeĒ yet. Try to let him adapt to life slowly. There are reasons why he is being sent to halfway house and o not an interstate release. Men donít admit it much, but to step straight from prison into a deeply romantic situation can be something very stressful. He hasnít been full time husband for a time, and sometimes this situation, although sweet, can be a setback.
Best bet follow the rules and get a trusting relationship with PO, then PO can give him a late pass on curfew.
That is what I told him... this is not his first time for a parole violation that is why he has a long time to serve this go around. He is being released to a halfway house since he has no family to live with. I live in another state and since we are not married they probably would allow him to transfer to my state. We have been together for almost 2 years prior to his most recent lockup. I am staying positive that he does not allow the answer of no to mess up the straight path he swears to upon release.