Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Legal Information
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Legal Information Topics, Discussions and Information relating to Legal Information specific to Florida. This information is *NOT PROFESSIONAL* and should always be fact-checked!

Old 09-11-2017, 04:09 PM

Thanked 4,058 Times in 2,180 Posts
Default Florida Justice Institute?

Has anyone ever had any dealings with them? I'm curious why they didn't include my husband in a class action law suite that they won. I know we applied for help and we never got any from them just curious if anyone has had any luck with trying to get help.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2017, 08:44 PM

Thanked 9,872 Times in 5,545 Posts

If one meets the criteria to be a class member, then you get the same benefit as those named in the pleadings. Further, one does not ever have to pay to be a member of a class (those who remember the Sirak scam with Raymond Gross in Texas likely remember that problem).
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
xolady (09-12-2017)
Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 AM

Thanked 4,058 Times in 2,180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
If one meets the criteria to be a class member, then you get the same benefit as those named in the pleadings. Further, one does not ever have to pay to be a member of a class (those who remember the Sirak scam with Raymond Gross in Texas likely remember that problem).
I am asking as time for anything is running out for any suit against the medical care my husband got. I am trying to find some kind of assistance, we had applied while he was sent back to prison after first emergency surgery. I just came across an article and there was a link and I think he would be covered by at least two of the class action law suits. I'm currently doing a lot of reading as our last attorney decided it would cost too much to be worth his time. It's a hard sell getting anyone to care as far as most are concerned he was just a prisoner.