Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Topics and discussions relating to current and past events dealing with the Arizona Prison and Criminal Justice Systems, political corruption, etc.

Old 05-14-2019, 02:58 AM

Default Imagine Life Organisation: Trying to change Felony Murder law ie parole

Hi there,

I'm looking for more information about this organization because they sent two mails to my boyfriend in prison. It looks like they sent it to all Inmates in a similar situation.
They're fighting for changing criminal justice in Arizona.

That's what they wrote about them on their website:
"Imagine Life is a membership organization of concerned individuals, both inside prison and out. Our voices and passion come from the people who are doing life sentences along with loved ones who are living this travesty with us. We are a minimum of 500 prisoners who were sentenced to “illusory” and legally invalid life sentences over the last twenty years. We are bringing awareness to those who are unfamiliar with AZ law and “Arizona’s Unfortunate 500.”

They said also they're looking for the abolishment of the felony murder law like California did it few months ago and others states too.

Maybe your LO are in the same situation and have received the letters ?

I just would like to be sure about them because they give a lot of hope to my boyfriend (life sentence) and for sure to other inmate too. I don't really would like to see him disappointed.

Thank you for your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyliie For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-14-2019)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2019, 09:25 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,352 Times in 16,289 Posts

I can't find anything, not a FB page, not a webpage, not even a passing mention. I used several different search terms - nothing. Ask your boyfriend if there is a phone number or web address in the paperwork they sent, or to send it to you so you can follow up. If they ask for money upfront, do not send it....not a penny!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-14-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I can't find anything, not a FB page, not a webpage, not even a passing mention. I used several different search terms - nothing. Ask your boyfriend if there is a phone number or web address in the paperwork they sent, or to send it to you so you can follow up. If they ask for money upfront, do not send it....not a penny!
I've already ask for a phone number but nope. They don't ask for money they have a webpage ImagineLifeAZ.com
We can donate but they don't ask for money they're are looking for support, stories, if there is people asking for a clemency parole board to stand up with them. I've to my boyfriend if he can make copies of the letters and send it to me until then I'm waiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyliie For This Useful Post:
patchouli (05-14-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:07 PM

Post Imagine Life Organisation Anybody looking for changing the Felony Murder ?

Hello Everybody,

I am actively involved to see the Felony Murder law abolished as they did it in California recently.
Currently an organization called Imagine Life sent several letters to our LO. In my case it was at Lewis Complex but I think they did it for all arizona prison.

I am in contact with several other organizations and people active in the field of judicial reform.
I seek to find out if there are other people in my case so that we can unite all together with this organization to see the law abolished.

You can contact me in private message.
The more we will be, the more easily we will be heard.

Thnak you for your help and your time.