Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Federal prison Visitation info & issues, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-04-2012, 02:39 PM

Post Visiting COLEMAN 1 - worried about accessibility during visits

Hello. I am putting this in "Emergency Issues" simply because it is time sensitive. My cousin is going to see her brother who is in Coleman 1 maximum federal prison. She is physically disabled and is concerned about the visit. She is going to see him very soon that is why I posted it here. She is able to walk but wants to know in detail how a visit would go. We are trying to determine if she can make the visit alone or would need someone with her to assist her. If possible, please send a private message to me so I can ask specific questions, I would be willing to email or call back and forth to anyone willing to give me any information. Does this specific place have tables where she can eat (the last prison he was at had very low tables and she she couldn't eat anything without help and we know the inmate cannot help).
Is this location a large facility? When do they return her ID back to her (she cannot grab things on her own). We are just wondering if she can do the visit alone and have her aide wait outside since she is not on his visitors list. Any information you can give me would greatly be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 03:51 PM

You might want to try what ever state this prison is in. I dont think there is any handicap accessable for visitors, but taking someone with her is a thought, but who ever that is must, must get a visitor clearance. Most Prisons guards and co will do what they can to help. I never thought about an inmate not being allowed to help a visitor eat, but it stands to reason they would.

No one to my knowledge is allowed to wait outside of the prison. Could go shopping etc, but I think getting a visitor paper turned real quick would be the best idea. Im pretty sure they are around here somewhere for all prisons.

Last edited by lin787; 06-04-2012 at 03:52 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to lin787 For This Useful Post:
wildtexas (06-04-2012)
Old 06-04-2012, 04:38 PM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,747 Times in 1,743 Posts

Hi there... I moved your thread to the Federal Visitation forum because it is a more appropriate spot for your questions. I realize this is a time sensitive issue; people familiar with Coleman are more likely to frequent the Federal forums. Good luck to you!

The Following User Says Thank You to SimplyMe123 For This Useful Post:
MiniMoose (06-05-2012)