Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 02-05-2019, 08:43 PM

Smile Collin county jail/risen information question

Hi all. I am about to turn myself in because I wanted my probation revoked. Long story but just want to do my time and be done with the crazy probation officer.

Question, anyone had a loved one that was in Collin county jail then brought to a prison? I believe they transfer us at nights, but how do you know where your going?

I am female, felony DWI, no harm to anyone (but these charges)

Anyone out there know anyone with same charges?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2019, 08:58 PM

cole2013,
They will get you up very early, you will not know exactly what day but you will get to fill out some paperwork and you値l know it値l be within about two weeks. Depending on the remaining time to serve will influence where you end up. Under 2yrs state jail, over that will be prison. Possibly eg: Woodman <2, Marlin etc >2.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:23 AM

Thanks so much. I figured very early but wasn't sure how I would know where would be going. I was given 2-years vs 7-years probation. I will have to wait for court for my revoking probation and not sure if it will take weeks while in jail waiting for that. My attorney thinks I could get parole in 8-months or so. Do they really stick to the under 2-year mark? I ask because lets say I am in jail waiting for court or to be sent out for a month, then that would make it less than the 2-years. Just wondering. I have mixed feelings about jail vs prison. I know that you get to have more "things" while in prison vs CC jail,, like a blow dryer!!! But being that I haven't been to prison I would probably feel safer in CC jail. I think what kills me the most inside and out is the unknown. But they probably get off on that form of control.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_air View Post
cole2013,
They will get you up very early, you will not know exactly what day but you will get to fill out some paperwork and you値l know it値l be within about two weeks. Depending on the remaining time to serve will influence where you end up. Under 2yrs state jail, over that will be prison. Possibly eg: Woodman <2, Marlin etc >2.
Old 02-06-2019, 01:17 PM

You sure you want to do that, have you seen about changing probation officers. because once you do eight months inside and you値l still be on probation and have to deal with the parole officer for remainder of time. State jail are fairly relaxed but still basically a prison same rules. Prison is a different set up because you have people doing 2+ up to life. Also employment wise probation definitely looks better than inside time. Keep in mind you might think of dealing with a probation officer is a pain, but serving some time most people on the inside would say they壇 rather have probation in the free world. On the inside when you have a visit you値l be strip-searched each time and at random, you don稚 get to just roam around unless your in a dorm. You vote on tv channels, breakfast is at 4am. Etc
Old 02-06-2019, 02:19 PM

Thanks for your reply. Yes I have given this much thought. My probation is 7-years and the she already revoked it. I just have to go to court to fix that. We were going to revoke as well.
I understand I will be on parole once I get out and yes it will be different than probation. However with probation, over the 7-years I will owe over 30,000 that has to be paid before the end. If I serve my time that goes away. I will probably have fines I am sure once on parole but nothing like probation. Also yes work is screwed because I was in medical and with a felony nobody will hire me. it doesn't matter if probation or parole but the charge.
I don't want to go prison or jail but my situation (more than I can type here) after speaking with my attorney I believe this is best.

Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_air View Post
You sure you want to do that, have you seen about changing probation officers. because once you do eight months inside and you値l still be on probation and have to deal with the parole officer for remainder of time. State jail are fairly relaxed but still basically a prison same rules. Prison is a different set up because you have people doing 2+ up to life. Also employment wise probation definitely looks better than inside time. Keep in mind you might think of dealing with a probation officer is a pain, but serving some time most people on the inside would say they壇 rather have probation in the free world. On the inside when you have a visit you値l be strip-searched each time and at random, you don稚 get to just roam around unless your in a dorm. You vote on tv channels, breakfast is at 4am. Etc
Old 02-06-2019, 03:22 PM

What were you doing in medical I might know someone.
Old 02-06-2019, 03:57 PM

Thanked 11,084 Times in 6,005 Posts

Coming out of Collin, you MAY wind up at Plane. The only other option will be Woodman. Those housed with you will be able to tell you what day of the week they typically run chain, and it may even just be every two or three weeks for the females. However, you won't get much notice other than the few hours to pack your crap.

You won't have access to things requiring an outlet while in a transfer facility. That means no fan and certainly no blow dryer. If you get moved to a more permanent facility, then you will have the opportunity to blue-slip luxury items that require property papers...

A PO CANNOT revoke the term of community supervision. All they can do is prepare the paperwork for the Violation Report, after which the District Attorney's office will prepare the Motion to Revoke (or Motion to Adjudicate in the case of a Deferred Adjudication disposition). ONLY a judge can revoke the term.

If you can avoid the revocation and get the supervision continued, you will enhance the probability of a favorable parole vote AND avoid a further deduction on the risk instruments for the additional revocation of a period of supervision. A revoked probation with a new two-year sentence substantially increases the probability of doing most, if not all, of the 730 days.

The short sentence did you no favors. You will be ineligible for a Board-imposed placement into the DWI program because you have to have at least ten months remaining before reaching the projected minimum release date in order for the Board to place you in the program. By the time you are voted, you will have three or four months that has likely been completed. That leaves six to seven months before you would reach the projected minimum release date. An FI-6 (DWI) vote ceases to be an option at that juncture. Further, once you hit the PMRD, no release can be conditioned upon programming completion. Sadly, it sounds like you have trial counsel that is a complete idiot as it relates to ANY manner of knowledge about parole and/or mandatory supervision.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (02-07-2019), Guccigrl (02-06-2019), Paul_air (02-06-2019)
Old 02-07-2019, 11:11 AM

Exclamation

Thanks so much for your reply. You sound like you know what you are talking about and I did send an email to my attorney asking some other questions. I looked up both of those places you mentioned and they look like they are state jails, which are like or same as min prison. I need to google how far from Plano area.

Yes I understand that my PO can't revoke just that she can request me to be revoked. I am currently waiting on my attorney to speak with the DA right now, he wants to talk to him before I do anything since he has a relationship with him and then we will go from there.

Again thanks so very much, this is my first time dealing w/the system and besides seeing how crappy it is run, it gives me a big headache.

If you have anything else please let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Coming out of Collin, you MAY wind up at Plane. The only other option will be Woodman. Those housed with you will be able to tell you what day of the week they typically run chain, and it may even just be every two or three weeks for the females. However, you won't get much notice other than the few hours to pack your crap.

You won't have access to things requiring an outlet while in a transfer facility. That means no fan and certainly no blow dryer. If you get moved to a more permanent facility, then you will have the opportunity to blue-slip luxury items that require property papers...

A PO CANNOT revoke the term of community supervision. All they can do is prepare the paperwork for the Violation Report, after which the District Attorney's office will prepare the Motion to Revoke (or Motion to Adjudicate in the case of a Deferred Adjudication disposition). ONLY a judge can revoke the term.

If you can avoid the revocation and get the supervision continued, you will enhance the probability of a favorable parole vote AND avoid a further deduction on the risk instruments for the additional revocation of a period of supervision. A revoked probation with a new two-year sentence substantially increases the probability of doing most, if not all, of the 730 days.

The short sentence did you no favors. You will be ineligible for a Board-imposed placement into the DWI program because you have to have at least ten months remaining before reaching the projected minimum release date in order for the Board to place you in the program. By the time you are voted, you will have three or four months that has likely been completed. That leaves six to seven months before you would reach the projected minimum release date. An FI-6 (DWI) vote ceases to be an option at that juncture. Further, once you hit the PMRD, no release can be conditioned upon programming completion. Sadly, it sounds like you have trial counsel that is a complete idiot as it relates to ANY manner of knowledge about parole and/or mandatory supervision.