Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 09-17-2013, 03:00 PM

Default Questions abouut getting Validated

..so my old man seems to be currently in the hole. He said they are trying to validate him....but im not entirely sure what he means....they are going to transfer him and put him in the shu..but for how long?? Or will i ever have a face to face visit again...i feel so helpless..help please??
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2013, 03:28 PM

Well when my husband was still at wasco I. Reception ey tried to validate him as well...he said some co's from the gang unit pulled him out and took pics from all his tattoos and were asking him what he bang and all that stuff...so he told hthem that ...that was all his past that he now had a family and was trying to do good but he couldn't if they keep on picking on him and judging him from his past...so they didn't validated him at the end....so I guess it means if you are a gang member they try to keep you away I guess to keep you away causing trouble that's why they keep you alone in the shu... Hope this help..
Old 09-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Remember to Smile!
Donation Award 

If they are trying to validate him they are "saying" they believe he is affiliated with a gang. In california once validated you are segregated and sent to SHU. They do not have face to face visits all visits are behind glass. Was he told he is for sure being moved or was he told if validated he would be moved? Hope everything works out for you both.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:35 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

If he gets validated he will be sent to a prison with SHU housing. There are SHUs in Pelican Bay, Techachapi, Corcoran and I think one more but I can't remember where.

SHU terms are in 6-year increments, so he will spend at least 6 years there. They "say" they have annual reviews but they are bogus and all inmates serve 6- year increments, unless his prison term is up before the 6 year timeframe, as you can get paroled straight out of SHU.

SHU visits are all behind glass and are now about 1-2 hours per visit, it varies prison to prison, it shouldn't but it does. The have no phone access and are allowed 1 package a year, 450oz weight.