Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:28 PM

Hi My Husband Has Been In Nksp For Almost Going On 2 Months Hes In Reception Does Anyone Know How Long It Takes For Your Loved One To Get A Letter Because He Tells Me He Hasnt Recieved A Letter In All Week But.. I Send Him At Least 4 Letters A Week Does Anyone Know Why It Takes So Long To Get To Him
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 PM

It has been taking my man 14 - 20 days to get his mail. It is incredible. And really tough to keep a conversation going.
Old 09-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,974 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted_one
It has been taking my man 14 - 20 days to get his mail. It is incredible. And really tough to keep a conversation going.

I don't have any problems with sending or receiving mail, it usually takes 4 days or less for me. I'm wondering if what you write in the mail that has something to do with it? Just wondering,sense they do read your mail I suppose.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted_one
yeah i here you there, I spark up a conversation through mail of course, and by the time he writes back im on a different conversation that funny huh lol is your man in reception?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:43 PM

Default mainline

how do they go to mainline and what is mainline by the way im new to all this stuff im freaken confused
Old 09-21-2006, 08:26 PM

Ms. Missouri, yes he has to send you a visiting form. Curious, how did he get all the way down here in CA? for processng??? My husband is also there at NKSP. he sent me a visiting form the first week he got there, and that got to me fast. All of his letters get to me within 2-3 days, it's the out going that takes weeks at a time. So write him and tell him to send you a form. So you could get that process going. It takes around 30 days for approval. Good luck. Kuttin
Old 09-22-2006, 10:33 PM

my boyfriend is in delano and I sent in my visiting request form, they sent me back a paper saying I was denied. I forgot to put the cdc number of my babys father on there. can I just fill out another visiting request form and send it in? or do I need to send a letter to the warden?
Old 10-15-2006, 09:17 PM
lvrboyslvr

Default going to delano from wayside

My boyfirend is waiting to go to Delano for processing. Is there any way to speed it up? He can't stand county jail anymore, is there a phone number I can call to help speed up getting him transfered out of wayside and into prison reception?

thank you for any help you can give. This is the first time I have had a loved one in the prison system.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:01 PM
TurtleLuvzVvn

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone knows what happened in B yard over in N.K.S.P 'cause I went to try to visit my husband on Sunday 10/15/06 and they told me that the Hispanics in B yard where on lock down I was so sad and still sad i'ts like if I'm not meant to see him I first went to visit him at NKSP and they said I wasn't approved the I went to KVSP and it was only and hour visit over the phone 'cause he wasn't classified and this time they're on lock down I'm going crazzzy! I'm from Los Angeles so if anyone wants to carpool let me know I hate to drive alone.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:07 PM
TurtleLuvzVvn

Question Do you visit your baby?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughter13
hey i send my baby a pic of my tatto and he said he didnt get it..
Hey I live in Upland, CA but I'm from L.A. and I was wondering if U visit your man often maybe we can carpool what do you think
Old 10-19-2006, 12:11 PM
TurtleLuvzVvn

Thank you so much for the number to the prison.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:00 PM

hello! how do you get the number for your husbands counselor? i have the name, but no phone #. any one know? thanks
Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
durhamsgirl

Does anyone know if there is anything going on in the B yard receiving? i haven't received mail from my honey in a while and I was getting it on a regular basis. I am starting to get worried... I was getting mail like every other day!!!! I would also like the number to the counselors there! Can anyone help this lonely girl??? I miss you baby, stay strong!
I love you, Your Everystuff!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2006, 05:43 PM

my pomkie is nksp he's in b1 cell 233 reception if any one has a man in that unit let me know i still havent gotten my request for visiting back and it;s been a lil; over a month.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:12 PM

How soon do they allow you to write a letter@ NKSP....do they supply you with PAPER & ENVELOPE??.....He was transferred frm county 2 NKSP on NOV 1,06 I havent recieved no letter yet....@ county we spoke quite frequently.
its only been 1.5 weeks but somehow if feels like for ever....
Old 11-13-2006, 05:07 PM

Um, I don't think they ever supply writing materials... I've never heard of that. You are allowed to send up to 50 sheets of paper, I believe, and they have to be loose leaf or on a legal pad. I send my friend a return envelope every time I write him, the kind with embossed postage on it. I get those at the post office. Good luck!
Old 11-14-2006, 01:19 PM

Cool

Hi there I'm Donna, Gars_Mom, Thanks so much for this site. My son has been at NKSP for about 10 days, he was transferred from Tulare County. I had put money on his books at Bob Wiley and it followed him but I am not sure how long it will take before he can access it. I believe he was able to take the stamped envelopes with him as he has already sent out several letters .

As I understand it as long as they are in reception they can not recieve any writting materials..... somebody else may know more about this. Also even if their funds are available to them to order envelopes in County they could only order on a certain day and then recieve them on Monday's. I am not sure if they get any "welfare evelopes", (as the guys call them), that they recieved at County lock up or not.

I am also experiencing the prison system for the first time and appreciate all the information.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 PM

Thanks For Ur Help...gets Frustrating Not Knowing What Is Happening With A Loved One..
Old 12-23-2006, 09:15 PM

In reception there's no phone calls, but you can send them a pkg of 50 sheets of paper and postage paid envelopes, (get from post office). You can send them 2 pens (clear see through) in sealed pkg. That's about it until they get out of reception.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:42 PM
sampson

Wink

I'm hoping someone will be able to help w/ visiting question. my brother is the inmate and I (his sister am an approved visitor). My husband just got approved and on his visiting form we listed our minor son. but the visit I'm planning to make this weekend would just be me & my son, with out my husband. Will they allow my son to visit w/ me? Should I take his birth certificate? Or will they only let the accompaning minor visit w/ the adult they were approved with?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:46 PM
sampson

Oh, and I forgot to note that he's at New Delano KVSP.
Old 01-14-2007, 04:21 AM

Anyone hear of their being changes to "half timers" sentencing after March?? Scuttlebutt around Delano is that half timers after March will be cut down to 85% as opposed to 50%...true or false?? This is where my fiance is so pleeaaasssee help with confirmation
Old 01-19-2007, 10:21 PM

Default nksp mailing dept what goin on?????help someone

HI THERE, GOD BLESS. WE ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING, MY FAMILY AND I HAVE BEEN SENDING OUR BROTHER/SON MAIL, LEAST 2 TIMES A WEEK PER PARENTS.SIBLINGS/AND CHILDREN, HE HAS BEEN IN NKSP FOR A MONTH AND A HALF, WE HAVE RECEIVED LETTERS FROM HIM, ASKING WHAT IS WRONG, WHY HAVNT YOU WRITTEN, TO TELL HIM THE TRUTH THAT HE CAN TAKE IT, IS OUR PARENTS OK, DID SOMEHTHING HAPPEN, OH MY WORD, THIS IS KILLING US, TO KNOW THAT FOR SOME STRANGE REASON HE HASNT RECEIVED OUR LETTERS, IF ONLY WE COULD GET IN TOUCH WITH HIM TO SAY ALL IS WELL, THAT ITS JUST THAT THE MAIL HASNT BEEN GIVEN TO HIM, SO HE COULD CALM DOWN, BEING THAT HE CANT CALL AND HE IS OVERLY CONCERN OF OUR PARENTS HEALTH, HE DREADS SOMETHING HAPPENING TO ONE OF THEM WHILE HE IS THERE, THIS FREAKS HIM OUT. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME SUGGESTIONS? I CALL THE MAILROOM AND MENTION THAT WE CAN TELL HE IS NOT RECEIVING MAIL BECAUSE OF WHAT HE ASKES IN THE LETTER AND REASURED ME THAT HE THE MAILCLERK REMEMBERS HIS NAME AND HE RECEIVED MAIL YESTERDAY AND TODAY AND EVEN WITH A MONEY ORDER BUT OUR WHOLE FAM SENDS HIM THROUGH JPAY WHICH IS MUCH FASTER WHICH BY THE WAY KNOWING HIM IN HIS LETTERS HE WOULD HAVE MENTION AND THANKED US FOR THE $$, I CALLED ACCOUNTS AND THEY TOLD ME THAT YES HE HAD RECEIVED MONEY, I ASKED IF HE IS NOTIFIED AND SHE SAID THAT DUE TO THE HOLIDAYS SHE IS NOT SURE BUT WOULD LET HIM KNOW BY THAT AFTERNOON, I PRAY SHE WAS HONEST ABOUT THAT, GOING BACK TO MAILCLERK, I KINDA DOUBT THAT HE WOULD REMEMBER MY BROTHERS NAMES WITH SO MUCH MAIL COMING IN AND HE ASLO SAID THEY WERE ONLY ONE DAY BEHIND. I HAVE HAD TO WORK ON BELIEVING THAT, ITS SO EXTRA HARD FOR US WE ARE IN NJ AND I IN PUERTO RICO AND ITS SO HARD TO EXPENSIVE TO VISIT HIM. MY PARENTS ARE SO CONCERN, THE BEST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN IS THAT THEY GET A LETTER SOON FROM OUR BROTHER. HIS NAME IS ISRAEL (IZZY) d-5-a-219 UPPER, IF ANYONE WOULD SEE HIM AND SEND A MESSAGE THAT OUR PARENTS AND ALL IS FIND JUST, THAT HE MOST LIKELY WILL RECEIVE MAIL ALTOGETHER I WOULD APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH. THANKS FOR LISTENING ANY INFO LET ME KNOW PLEEEEEEASE GOD BLESS ETI
Old 01-26-2007, 09:37 AM

Hello everyone:
My man just transferred there from CCC in Susanville, so I am familiar with PTO. Glad to have another family here to talk to.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Armando&Charlene

Question hello Im New Here

Hi Everyone I am New to This And New On here My Husband is in NKSP.

So How does there Phone System Work? How would i be able to get calls from im on my cell phoone? The only phone company i know about is Called Evercom ( Correctional Billing Services ) and they told me that NKSP are covered by them. So I was Just wondering What Phone System DO i go thru. i know about JPAY, so far can anyone please help and fill me in on some mmmoore infoo thabjs reall y appreciate it

Mondoslady
Closed Thread