Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida County & Metro Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida County & Metro Jails Topics and discussion specific to County & Metro jail facilities in Florida.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:54 AM

Default Anyone got a loved one in LOL- Land O Lakes-Pasco County?

My guy has been in there since around July of 2010 and I would kinda just like a buddy to see what other people's experiences are with the mail system etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2011, 07:59 PM

you can only send post cards, how ever you can send an 8x11 pice of paper folded up as long as there are no envlopes they dont have a problem with it. same as pictures you can only send 10 pictures every 6 months in an envlope but if u write on the back of a picture and make it like a postcard they will get it.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouswifey View Post
you can only send post cards, how ever you can send an 8x11 pice of paper folded up as long as there are no envlopes they dont have a problem with it. same as pictures you can only send 10 pictures every 6 months in an envlope but if u write on the back of a picture and make it like a postcard they will get it.
Sorry, I'm just now responding PTO did not let me know anyone responded. I know everything about the mail. I just wanted to know if everyone else deals with the same b.s. that we do. I send back a response to him as soon as I get his and regardless it is between 15-25 days before I get one back from him. He has told me he gets about 2/3 of what I send him (I number and title my postcard series) and I have recieved about half of what he sends based on him sending 2 letters for every postcard group I send him. We are both lost a lot of the time because the other is talking about something we have no idea about, that was addressed in a letter/postcard that was never delivered. On top of that I have complained to the Sgt. and apparently the deputies got yelled at and are now making it a living hell for my man.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornellcutie1 View Post
Sorry, I'm just now responding PTO did not let me know anyone responded. I know everything about the mail. I just wanted to know if everyone else deals with the same b.s. that we do. I send back a response to him as soon as I get his and regardless it is between 15-25 days before I get one back from him. He has told me he gets about 2/3 of what I send him (I number and title my postcard series) and I have recieved about half of what he sends based on him sending 2 letters for every postcard group I send him. We are both lost a lot of the time because the other is talking about something we have no idea about, that was addressed in a letter/postcard that was never delivered. On top of that I have complained to the Sgt. and apparently the deputies got yelled at and are now making it a living hell for my man.
Me and my husband delt with the same thing, and the messed up part is that we got mail without any b.s while we were both in but once i got out it was a diffrent story. my husband and i did the same thing as u guys did but they actually fixed the problem for us since he complained everyday and i called everyday. it just all depends.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:35 PM
James'sbooboo

My buddy is in there now on a vop. we write 1 to 2 times a week and havent had problems but when my husband was there last year we had issues with it taking upto 2 weeks and I was living only like 10 minutes from the jail he said the post mark would be the day after i wrote it but ittook them that long to give it to him. we had more of a problem with the phones than anything there though either calls would be dropped or we could never hear each other. I have phone problems with my buddy thats in there now too but so far no letter problems we'll have to see when I call to schedule our first visit next week though my husband had to fill out the request 3 times when he was there before they let me go see him. If you have any questions that I might be able to help you with feel free to message me.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notoriouswifey View Post
Me and my husband delt with the same thing, and the messed up part is that we got mail without any b.s while we were both in but once i got out it was a diffrent story. my husband and i did the same thing as u guys did but they actually fixed the problem for us since he complained everyday and i called everyday. it just all depends.
Yeah, when I first started writing I called and complained to the Sgt. I got a 14 page letter from my man "yelling" at me not to do that again (there was other stuff in the letter too). When I went to go visit him he told me he was taken aside by a group of COs who asked why his bitch was making phone calls and complaining. Let's just say their words were not the only things they used to express themselves.
The Following User Says Thank You to cornellcutie1 For This Useful Post:
vegeta12 (01-15-2014)
Old 08-14-2011, 03:10 AM

Default I've now moved to the state to be closer to him...

Quote:
My guy has been in there since around July of 2010 and I would kinda just like a buddy to see what other people's experiences are with the mail system etc.
Does anyone live in Tampa and go to LOL. Do you think we could be visit buddies and carpool?
Old 06-01-2012, 01:45 AM

Just wanted to let anyone who is following this thread know that my sweetie has been transferred to Perry, Fl. Thanks for all the info and support!
Old 01-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Yes the COs their are very disrespectful and unprofessional. My girl hit two of them and has batterys on leos now. Does anybody know what day to send jpay money so it doesnt get used up? Also the time. Is it like sunday day before 12?
Old 01-15-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah, when I first started writing I called and complained to the Sgt. I got a 14 page letter from my man "yelling" at me not to do that again (there was other stuff in the letter too). When I went to go visit him he told me he was taken aside by a group of COs who asked why his bitch was making phone calls and complaining. Let's just say their words were not the only things they used to express themselves.
The COs their are very disrespectful....but my girl sent one to the hospital if it makes u feel any better. I know it did for me!