Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 04-08-2004, 01:01 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts
Question Ouestions About The Los Angeles Men's County Jail

Hey Everyone,

I am new to this forum I have a friend who is currently in the county jail which is the pitts any way can some one tell me how long it takes for a person to receive mail. My friend is in Module 3800 and I heard it can take two weeks or more to get mail. And my final questions is can someone give me advice on the times to go see him? I heard it can take from 4-5 hours to see them for 15minutes even if you get there early.........

Any information will be greatly appreciated....
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2004, 04:45 PM

Yes you are correct. I went to see my man while he was in the county and I stood in line for like 3 hours (maybe more) finally got in and waited for another maybe 30 minutes to see him for 15 minutes! It really sucks! I would suggest that you get there early as possible, or try to wait till this person gets transferred to prison (if he is going). As far as the mail goes, I didnt write my man cause it takes too long. I just relied on phone calls. He called pretty much whenever he wanted and we talked for however long we wanted to. Hope I helped!
Old 04-08-2004, 04:58 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreepsgirl
Yes you are correct. I went to see my man while he was in the county and I stood in line for like 3 hours (maybe more) finally got in and waited for another maybe 30 minutes to see him for 15 minutes! It really sucks! I would suggest that you get there early as possible, or try to wait till this person gets transferred to prison (if he is going). As far as the mail goes, I didnt write my man cause it takes too long. I just relied on phone calls. He called pretty much whenever he wanted and we talked for however long we wanted to. Hope I helped!
Thank you so much!!! He's on lockdown so I can forget him getting his letter for a while!!!issed:

Thanks again
Old 04-08-2004, 05:18 PM
Brokenheartvile

Los Angeles County can be a huge pain in the backside! Letters do generally take about 2 weeks to get to them and that's if they don't get moved in the meantime. Visiting downtown can be a long wait, maybe he'll get moved to Wayside where the wait isn't always shorter but the visit can be either 30 minutes on Saturday & Sunday or 1 hour on just one day. Good luck.

love is...being able to love someone else more than yourself.

<CENTER>

</CENTER>

Old 04-08-2004, 07:16 PM
The Mrs.

When my husband was down there I would only go visit during the week. I'd wait until about 12:00p.m because there would be no line, and I only had to wait about 30-40 minutes to see him. The weekends are much worse. If you go on a weekend you should go early, I mean like 6:30 or 7:00 a.m because the line is usually a mile long if you wait later.
Old 04-08-2004, 10:25 PM
Donation Award 

Hello

I have visited my son there only once and it's a nightmare!! Our family usually waits until he's transferred to Wayside or this last time he was a trustee at the West Hollywood Station. Best thing to do is go there during the week to visit. Or if you do go there on the weekend, go about 6:30-7:00am and bring a book
Also, the mail there sucks and it took about 3 weeks for my son to get mail.

KellyA.

Old 04-10-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Mcj

My man has been there since October---I have found the best time to visit is usually on THURSDAY or even Friday evening around 6:00pm. Most of the time, I walk right in. The weekends are RIDICULOUS!!!
As for mail......Letters from inmates arrive quickly however it usually takes a minimum of 7 days for them to receive mail from you. Don't be surprised if they never get a letter you mailed cuz it does happen. ....If you are sending pictures, mail only 5 at a time and no polaroids. Sometimes mail gets to them a lot faster if you address the letter to Wayside and they will forward it to LA County.
Inmate Name
Booking #
29300 The Old Road
Saugus, CA 91384
Old 04-12-2004, 12:05 PM

Sundays are the WORST! I got there once about 9am thinking it wouldn't be that bad...Ya Right! I stood in line all day! It was about 2:45 when I finally made it to the benches in the front (they stop letting visitors in from 3 to 5 pm so inmates can have dinner). Thats when we were told they were stopping the line 15 min. early and visiting would resume at 5pm. I was so mad I wanted to leave ... but what was 2 more hours? I had already wasted the whole day in line! I finally made it inside for some more waiting then a quick 15 min. visit, I didn't get home till 8pm that night. Anywase I'm glad I waited, my brother was sent to Delano the next morning!