Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Sierra Conservation Center (SCC) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Sierra Conservation Center (SCC), located in Jamestown, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:25 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default SCC Marriage/Wedding Q & A

Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-2013, 02:01 PM

What does the inmate have to do to get a marriage packet? How long after you mail it in does it take to get approved? Is their any fee we have to pay? Who can we take when we get married? Do the inmates ring have to b with in a specific price?
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandra gijarro View Post
What does the inmate have to do to get a marriage packet? How long after you mail it in does it take to get approved? Is their any fee we have to pay? Who can we take when we get married? Do the inmates ring have to b with in a specific price?
He needs to reach out to the marriage counselor - J. Bell and request the paperwork. he gets it and sends it to you. you have to send some stuff direct to the Country Clerk's office, and pay $150 cashier's check and send some of the paperwork back to J. Bell. You can have 10 GUESTS (not including you) and 2 inmates, if you want them to come, but I don't know how that end of the processing goes.

Paperwork needs to be received 60 days in advance of the marriage date... they only do marriages twice a year and the next date is March 8th or 15th, so you are looking at the date after March... perhaps September? I asked my man to find out when that is so we would know even though we're probably good to go for March... I like to be prepared.

hope that helps - PM me if you need more details.
The Following User Says Thank You to PinkieCA For This Useful Post:
sandra gijarro (01-22-2013)
Old 01-29-2013, 11:51 PM

Does any one know what it means when n inmate states he signed a marriage chrono ?
Old 01-31-2013, 02:01 PM

Hi Soulmate4ev
No I have not visited yet I'm still waiting to get approved ,I'm a lil confused about the marriage chrono a few girls said it a paper to document of their marriage, n to document how many times of marriage. The reason I ask is because on one of my bf 2010 violation rules it said he stated he had signed a marriage chrono n he was ready to get released the the yard.n yes Once I get my visit I will let u all know how it all went thank u .
The Following User Says Thank You to sandra gijarro For This Useful Post:
soulmate4ev (02-11-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 02:06 PM

Does any one know when the next month for a wedding will be ?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Does any one know when the next month for a wedding will be ?
HI

I think if your in fire camp, the next wedding is March. If he isn't, you have to wait till Aug or Sept? That's what I was told. Hope that helps you...
The Following User Says Thank You to soulmate4ev For This Useful Post:
sandra gijarro (01-31-2013)
Old 02-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Our love will never Die

What's the dress code is the wedding on camp ground or prison ground because I know dress codes are different per camps thank you
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Catt View Post
What's the dress code is the wedding on camp ground or prison ground because I know dress codes are different per camps thank you
Hi, Ms Catt

Not sure on dress code for marriages? Are you getting married this year If so, how EXCITING!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM

I was wondering If any one here has gotton married at scc ? If so can some one tell me how much is everything going to cost ? N as far as the guests do they have to be approved to be present at the wedding .
Old 02-03-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Catt View Post
I've been wondering the same thing - I don't even know who to ask??? If you get any info, can you please let me know? THANKS!
sandra gijarro (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM

PinkieCA,yes of course I'm hoping someone will share their experience with us in give us some needed information.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
PinkieCA,yes of course I'm hoping someone will share their experience with us in give us some needed information.
a lot of your questions have already been answered in previous threads/comments... might be helpful to go back to last year's posts...

$150.00 for your paperwork to be sent to the County Clerk

10 Guests (PLUS you and him) ALL which HAVE TO BE APPROVED 30 days in advance... common sense that they won't let in visitors who haven't been approved - sorry, I wish it were different, but it's not... I applied for my dad to get approved in the middle of Nov last year... we are getting married in March... I talked to visiting today, and she said she was working on apps from Nov. 9th... she said, and I quote "I try, but can't keep up... there is no way your dad will be approved by tomorrow" oh, well...
sandra gijarro (02-04-2013)
Old 02-04-2013, 11:26 PM

pinkieCA
I got a letter from my boyfriend today n it says the the next marriage will b in October but we have to request the marriage packet again on July 1 .Do u know what r the times they give for the wedding? Is it during the week or weekend? What about pictures ?
Old 05-24-2013, 01:24 AM

Last I knew they were on Friday mornings and its in visiting room and yes on pics
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodys#1Lady For This Useful Post:
sandra gijarro (08-20-2013)
Old 06-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
pinkieCA
I got a letter from my boyfriend today n it says the the next marriage will b in October but we have to request the marriage packet again on July 1 .Do u know what r the times they give for the wedding? Is it during the week or weekend? What about pictures ?
Sorry for the super delayed response! I don't check SCC much any more... In regards to weddings, they are on Fridays. This is true if you are still in Jamestown, or if you are at camp. We actually got married at Baseline... they do NOT allow photos at Baseline. But they DO at SCC. The wedding dates will be 1 week apart, with the Baseline marriages the week prior. Sometime in October, but when we were applying they hadn't picked a date. We reported to Baseline at 9:00 AM. We started the ceremonies once everyone arrived, and then after all of us tied the knot, we got 30 minutes of visiting in addition to the time it took all 9 of us to get married. And then you can visit both days that weekend.

let me know if you have other questions - I'll keep my eye on this thread!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PinkieCA For This Useful Post:
Mlove1 (09-03-2014), sandra gijarro (08-20-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 09:40 AM

My fiancee was sentenced to 6 yrs. has done 2. We've been wanting to get married and he says we would need to do it now. but theres one problem i am on felony probation (3 yrs) been on 2 1/2 yrs now. Will I have a hard time being approved to get married??? Is there anything else I can do??
Old 07-19-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
pinkieCA

Hi! just to answer your question about the date in October, it's on the 18th of October! I'm looking on here and trying to find out what to do now because I got the marriage packet but it's kinda of confusing because it's says that one part to send it to him back and the other to send it to the county blah blah office and don't know which one to sent to where???

Help please!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2013, 01:34 AM

Hi Ladies i haven't been hete in a while but i was wondering if any of u knew about getting married while they r in the hole or in the shu? My fiancee had been in the hole since February 23rd n still waiting to c committee to find out how much time he will b getting in the shu n since we were planning on getting married i just wanted to know if we could while in the hole/ shu? Thank so much in advance ladies.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Ladies i haven't been hete in a while but i was wondering if any of u knew about getting married while they r in the hole or in the shu? My fiancee had been in the hole since February 23rd n still waiting to c committee to find out how much time he will b getting in the shu n since we were planning on getting married i just wanted to know if we could while in the hole/ shu? Thank so much in advance ladies.
Sorry to hear he's been in shu that long not sure. I would call J. Bell and ask. She would know and I was always able to get a hold of her. You might be past the date for Oct marriages already? You need all paperwork in 60 days in advance...
Old 08-21-2013, 03:36 PM

Hi PinkieCA,

Do you have a number for J.Bell? The number I have 209-984-5392 no one ever answers. I've sent in my paper work but haven't been able to confirm if she received it. The county clerks have recieved mine already.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One~Love View Post
Hi PinkieCA,

Do you have a number for J.Bell? The number I have 209-984-5392 no one ever answers. I've sent in my paper work but haven't been able to confirm if she received it. The county clerks have recieved mine already.
That's the number I have for J. Bell... sorry I don't have a more updated number. Good luck!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:48 PM

Does anyone know how long they take for you to know if they approved you to get married if I sent all the paperwork on time? who do I need to ask or how do I find out about that? Does anyone have the phone # to the county where we send the paperwork ? I lost the paper where I had the #!!!
Old 08-22-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyfreckels151 View Post
Does anyone know how long they take for you to know if they approved you to get married if I sent all the paperwork on time? who do I need to ask or how do I find out about that? Does anyone have the phone # to the county where we send the paperwork ? I lost the paper where I had the #!!!

here you go:

Deborah Bautista, Clerk & Auditor-Controller

Elisha Bundesen (209) 533-5573

Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm (excluding holidays)
2 South Green Street, Second Floor
Sonora, CA 95370

Deborah is the lady who even does the ceremonies. They can let you know if you did everything on their end only.. you have to contact the marriage counselor for final approval... if I remember correctly, I had to call J. Bell and ask.
babyfreckels151 (08-26-2013)
Old 08-26-2013, 09:37 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieCA View Post
here you go:

Deborah Bautista, Clerk & Auditor-Controller

Elisha Bundesen (209) 533-5573

Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm (excluding holidays)
2 South Green Street, Second Floor
Sonora, CA 95370

Deborah is the lady who even does the ceremonies. They can let you know if you did everything on their end only.. you have to contact the marriage counselor for final approval... if I remember correctly, I had to call J. Bell and ask.

Thanks! yes I've been talking to J. Bell about what papers to send where but I lost somehow where I wrote the # to the county to get the info the only thing is that i'm always off on the time I'm on central time so is 2hrs ahead from you guys! so I keep forgetting that!! but thanks for the # I needed to call and see if they got everything