Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 04-02-2020, 03:19 PM

Default Any updated info on RDC in Plainfield, IN?

My husband is in RDC. Do they get to use money we send through GTL? How soon does it post to their account? Once they are moved does it follow them? How long before they can use their money at the new joint? He may be going to Michigan City or Pendleton, any info on these such as visits, do they have tablets, video visits.. etc.)? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2020, 07:31 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 9,373 Times in 3,646 Posts

I wish I could answer your questions. This transition period is really stressful.

Hopefully someone will come along who knows the answer to your questions. I'll give some very generalized answers that apply to most states.

The money you send should end up in his 'general funds' or "commissary" account, and he should be able to use that money as soon as he's set up. It should post to his account in 24 - 48 hours. If he moves, his money should move with him. Using it at a new facility should be possible as soon as his paperwork is filled out and he's got the order forms in hand - that said, it usually takes 2 weeks or so from the time the order's placed to when he receives his order.

I don't have any specific info on visitation, tablets etc

Hopefully this helps a little bit.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:55 AM

Thank you for that info! It is really stressful especially when no one is returning your calls or answering their phone. He's been there almost 2 weeks so hopefully they move him soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerM View Post
I wish I could answer your questions. This transition period is really stressful.

Hopefully someone will come along who knows the answer to your questions. I'll give some very generalized answers that apply to most states.

The money you send should end up in his 'general funds' or "commissary" account, and he should be able to use that money as soon as he's set up. It should post to his account in 24 - 48 hours. If he moves, his money should move with him. Using it at a new facility should be possible as soon as his paperwork is filled out and he's got the order forms in hand - that said, it usually takes 2 weeks or so from the time the order's placed to when he receives his order.

I don't have any specific info on visitation, tablets etc

Hopefully this helps a little bit.
The Following User Says Thank You to ShayShay17 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-04-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:50 PM

As a general rule the money will be there the next day. Now keep in mind if you put it on at 11:59 PM it won't be there tomorrow. ha ha. As far as being able to use it, generally guys don't or shouldn't use their money while in RDC, by the time you get to place and order you might get moved before your stuff comes in. (Pain in the butt, but a blessing in disguise if your family member gets placed quickly.)

The money will follow him. Again it might take a day or two after he moves.

Been a minute since I had someone in there so I'll defer to someone else for updated info on video visits and tablets. When I was dealing with them, they were switching from JPAY to GTL. lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luckyme_in For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-05-2020), patchouli (04-04-2020)