Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Nevada General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Nevada that do not fit into any other Nevada sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 AM
C's wife

Default LO at Northern Nevada Correctional Center for intake

Hi, my LO is at NNCC for intake. I think he got there about the 3rd or 4th of May. Any ideas on what they can do and if they are allowed to call cell phones if they even are allowed to call... How long is intake anyways? Does anyone know if his intake will be extended because of the NSP closure?

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Waiting for James

He should have been able to call by now, my husband called after about 5-6 days, then every other day after that. They are in a cell all day and only let out to get meals and every other day for a shower. The calls are quick. He can call a cell phone, have you set up an account with ICSoutions? That is the company that handles the phone service for NDOC. He should be able to make one call collect. I doubt the NSP thing will affect him, but you never know with NDOC.

The Following User Says Thank You to gvillemomx2 For This Useful Post:
HighdesertRose (05-16-2011)
Old 05-16-2011, 05:38 PM
C's wife

I have one of those prepaid phones, I hate contracts.. so I haven't set up something with ICsolutions. I have started sending messages using jpay and I know that he has funds because I put money on his acct. the day before his sentencing. Okay, thank you for the information.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:18 PM
Waiting for James

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighdesertRose View Post
I have one of those prepaid phones, I hate contracts.. so I haven't set up something with ICsolutions. I have started sending messages using jpay and I know that he has funds because I put money on his acct. the day before his sentencing. Okay, thank you for the information.
He can purchase a phone card from the commisary when he gets to where he is going, that should work on a prepaid account. Good luck!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:30 PM
C's wife

I just got off the phone with someone over there at NNCC (wow they actually called me back) and she says that fishtank is 21 days and that the money that I put on his account while he was in jail still won't be added to his books at NNCC. Entirely different system, she tells me. So I added funds thru jpay. She also said that they are able to buy letter writing stuffs so hopefully I'll get a letter soon.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Time well spent..

Just a thought, make sure you tell him in your next email if you haven't already that you put money on his account and he can buy the writing materials.
Not sure if they tell the men where your man is at; but in HDSP they don't tell them.
Just a heads up.
Good luck, this is the hard part, not knowing what is going on with him. It gets easier after you start to get calls and letters. Hang in there.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:56 AM
C's wife

Well here's a kicker.. I just checked his status on NDOC this morning and it says that he is in 'CLOSE' security. What does this mean? Is he not getting my emails after all?
Old 05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Waiting for James

Quote:
Well here's a kicker.. I just checked his status on NDOC this morning and it says that he is in 'CLOSE' security. What does this mean? Is he not getting my emails after all?

That usually means he's in the hole, but could just mean he is in the fishtank. I don't remember what status it showed when my husband was in the tank. No matter what, he will get mail.

Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 PM

My bf is in NNCC right now. He just got moved from the fishtank to the hole a bit ago (if I understand it all correctly. It's confusing to me.) and is still waiting to be moved to the yard. He was shown as close custody when he was in the fishtank, and still is close custody.

(This is all just from my experience with my bf, he has been in NNCC since April 22.)
He can get your letters, so write alot. And they can call, but they have very little time to do it and TONS of people want to make calls, so he might not get to often. He can write when he can buy stamps and stuff, but that can be awhile. I didn't get a phone call until the 10th this month, and they can call cellphones if you have a prepaid account set up with icsolutions. (I put in $20, have had 3 or 4 phone calls and still have over $14, so it isn't TOO bad.)

Hope you hear from him soon.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 PM

my fiance is in nncc too. he was just moved there on the 12th and they say hes in evaluation and that could take 21days. I havent got a phone call or mail since he was at elko county dc. Ive already put $40 on his books via jpay and I sent him an email letting him know that I put money on his account right after i did the jpay money sent. Im wondering if there is anything else I should do? and what else to expect. this is the first offense in nevada. and they gave him 5 years for asault and battery with bodily harm. but said he can get out in 2 yrs on parole. is there anything he can do to get out on parole earlier than that?????????? Also can you send care packages to NNCC? And what else can I do for him? I feel like I useless bc I cant think of anything to do for him?? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Also Im in SC all the way on the other side of the US and its over 2000 miles to him so Visitating in person isnt an option until I can save the money to go and thats going to be awhile considering that I work at a gas station and make min wage. I heard about video visitation but am also wondering if that is availible at Northern Nevada Correctional Center? Because I would love to be able to do that. If you have any info or at please feel free to let me know anything I may need to know or expect. thanks for your time

I REALLY MISS YOU ~B~ This 6mths has alrdy been way to long without you!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:20 AM
~hollywood~

no video visits sorry. let him do his intake time...aka "the fishtank" and find out where hes transfered to. that will be easier. i know its hard. anything you need im here. ive had to figure out 90% on my own! im willing to share everything i know.

The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywoodnv For This Useful Post:
Needjhome (01-29-2017)
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 AM

we were expectinghim to be moved soon. he called lastnight but i missed his call. this morning i chck his status again and it says its close. what does this mean. doe this mean theyre in process of moving him
Old 07-15-2016, 04:26 PM

Smile regardin intake stay time

Quote:
Hi, my LO is at NNCC for intake. I think he got there about the 3rd or 4th of May. Any ideas on what they can do and if they are allowed to call cell phones if they even are allowed to call... How long is intake anyways? Does anyone know if his intake will be extended because of the NSP closure?

you have to put money on his account so he can call anyone it is 11 cents a minute 1.65 for 15 min . you can also add money to a phone number and that money will allow him to only make calls to that number. you have to call I c solutions, if you had an account at ccdc or what ever county jail he was in you have to transfer the account to the ndoc. that's the only way to be able to communicate. they charge a fee to do that I just added 13.37 for an even 20 dollars, so add what you need to make 20 to 13.37 and that's how much I got charged
my boyfriend is in intake now at highdesert and he has been there since 6/17 and I believe it can be up to 45 days. he calls once a week I tried buying him I care pkgs but he is not able to receive these not illegible. he had money before leaving ccdc but he had court fines and they deducted everything he owed and took it all. I'm just now able to put money on his account but I'm not sure how much they will take. I send him emails through access corrections and I think they pass them out with mail like every five days in bulk for him . if I put 100 dollars I wonder how much they will take.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to j.bgirl For This Useful Post:
maytayah (07-15-2016), Needjhome (01-29-2017)
Old 07-15-2016, 04:28 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 6,801 Times in 3,069 Posts

Thank you this is an old thread but the information you have posted could help others.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 07-15-2016, 04:39 PM

Default regardin intake stay time

Quote:

my boyfriend is in intake now at highdesert and he has been there since 6/17 and I believe it can be up to 45 days. he calls once a week I tried buying him I care pkgs but he is not able to receive these not illegible. he had money before leaving ccdc bit he had court fines and they deducted everything he owed and took it all. I'm just now able to put money on his account but I'm not sure how much they will take. I send him emails through acess corrections and I think they pas them out with mail like every five days in bulk for him . if I put 100 dollars I wonder how much they will take.