Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Connecticut that do not fit into any other Connecticut sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-15-2019, 06:06 PM

Angry Need someone to calm me down...

My pregnant wife was sentenced last Monday to 120 days at York for a 2nd DUI from last year, so we're a week in now.

She calls us every day completely terrified, especially because nobody there will tell her anything about what's actually going on. I listen to her and now I'm completely terrified because there literally is no way for me to know what's going on either.

Our attorney assured us that he's never had a 2nd DUI where the person had no other prior record do more than 60 days of that 120. When my wife called today she said she was finally transferred out of the "intake" unit or whatever they call it. She had been told that in order to get into the program she needed to be in, she'd be moved to the East ward- presumably with the rest of the drunks and otherwise non-violents. Instead, she was put into the west ward, where she's with those convicted of murder and other serious and violent crimes. Nobody will tell her why she was put there- apparently she has to fill out some official form and somebody will get back to her in two f***** weeks!?!

How is this even remotely rehabilitative??

She has a history of complicated pregnancies, everything up to and including her liver shutting down and full-blown eclampsia. She went in with printed specific instructions from her doctors that she needs her BP checked regularly- because if her BP spikes she *will* die. Whomever did the intake threw it all in the garbage and said "we don't do that here." It was a while before she could call me so that I could call all of her doctors and have them contact the facility directly, and since then her BP has been checked once. Even her freaking prenatals were refused until yesterday.

She made a really stupid and bad decision, and we both understand she needs to face the consequences for that- but she most certainly does not deserve to be in a situation where they are literally going to kill her with their negligence. Will they even tell me after they've killed her, or will I just find out through lack of phone calls? Hopefully it doesn't happen on a Tuesday during their day of f***** rememberance where they punish the inmates that weren't even there at the time....

Ok, I think I'm done with my incoherent ranting.. Sorry all, just needed to vent my frustration out to the ether.

\K
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2019, 06:55 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,867 Times in 16,520 Posts

Hey. Vent all you need to vent ...its Ok. Really, it is Ok. We've got big shoulders and everybody here has had to vent / will need to vent

Did your wife sign a HIPPA & POA for you before she left? If not, do one now. And congratulations on the wee one Tell her to rest as much as she can, maybe stay in her bunk and read all they'll let her. 60 days, ya'll can do this. Stay strong, write her often.

Oh, btw, most inmates just want to do their time and go home, regardless of their charges. Many of our members' loved ones are labeled "violent." Not all crimes labeled violent are what *I* would consider violent

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:33 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,302 Times in 15,625 Posts

Try to calm down. Its very difficult to deal with this, especially Im sure due to her pregnancy/complications. This would be very troubling to me as well.
It sounds like she has tried to do what she needs, but Im not familiar with how Conn prisons work. If its anything like how CA does it, medical is just very very difficult to get what you need. She will likely need to fill out some sort of paperwork requesting to see medical.
Why the hell did they do this to someone with medical issues who is pregnant. They could have waited til she had the baby.
anyway, I digress.

The best thing for her to do, is read all the paperwork she was given. Try and take care of herself as best she can. And TRY to RELAX. Try to keep calm. Not good for her or the baby to be so upset.

Its true. Prisons do not care. (I know thats a general statement but its true)
I really hope you can get a visit. Be sure to have her send you a form (thats how they work it in CA. Inmate sends you the form for approval after they sign it. Fill it out and hope for the best.
Im sorry for your situation. Hang in there dad.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
patchouli (04-16-2019)