Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Minnesota.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Help. Anyone have info on Waseka Woman's FCI???

There is hardly any current information about this here and I'm trying to help my mom. She is currently in a camp thousands of miles away from any family, had 4-5 more years to go and we can hardly ever visit her. She is considering asking to transfer to Waseka because ten she would be 70 miles from me (oldest sons) and only 800 miles away for my dad instead of 1700.

She has heard waseka is a little more strict but not too bad??? Anyone have insight to this or willing to discuss /dialog your experience there if you have been there?

Help.

Shane
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 AM

I live 2 minutes from the Waseca FCI. From what I hear it really isn't too bad. It is a large, open facility with pleanty to do
Old 12-22-2012, 01:54 AM

Default I worked there...

This is a few months late, but I worked there for several years and went through the transition when they became a female joint. Waseca's a bit strict, but its a nice joint. You have to try to envision female versus male prisoners. Working with the women is a lot like working at a juvenile facility. There's more fights than with the men, lots of predators, too. They have a large SHU there and they aren't afraid to fill it up. But, its an air considtioned SHU, so it's nice in the summer. All dorms--a few 4-person rooms. They have VT Horticulture program that's very good, as well as the RDAP. They also have the service dog training program now. They also have a good recreation department. They had UNICOR--not sure if its still up there. No microwave ovens on the units when I was there--had to cook on clothes irons!
The Following User Says Thank You to RetiredBOP For This Useful Post:
Live4usDie4us (01-10-2015)