Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in South Carolina should be posted here.

Old 02-29-2016, 08:31 PM

Question Final Revocation Hearing for Violation of YOA

So my boyfriend has a Final Revocation Hearing for Violation of YOA on March 11th 2016, at Kirkland R&E. We are so lost about what this is, and what we need to do to prepare. I have attempted to reach out to his attorney as he has requested me do so, but they refuse to talk to me, and the only thing they could say was that he was already sentenced for the case they were obtained for on Feb 12th 2016. The attorney said the case was closed, but when I talked to his PO, she said that they were trying to dismiss the case and close it, as the 5 years was coming to an end, and that because of the outstanding warrant it has to go to hearing. My bf wanted me to be there, but I don't know if I am allowed.... any advise is very welcomed!

Thanks,
Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2016, 09:12 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,586 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscnurse2004 View Post
So my boyfriend has a Final Revocation Hearing for Violation of YOA on March 11th 2016, at Kirkland R&E. We are so lost about what this is, and what we need to do to prepare. I have attempted to reach out to his attorney as he has requested me do so, but they refuse to talk to me, and the only thing they could say was that he was already sentenced for the case they were obtained for on Feb 12th 2016. The attorney said the case was closed, but when I talked to his PO, she said that they were trying to dismiss the case and close it, as the 5 years was coming to an end, and that because of the outstanding warrant it has to go to hearing. My bf wanted me to be there, but I don't know if I am allowed.... any advise is very welcomed!

Thanks,
Tiffany

Tiffany,
I'm not sure of whether or not you'll be able to attend his hearing. This one's a first for me and I don't want to give you misinformation. Yet it seems to me that if his time is maxing out, they may dismiss the YOA violation or at the extreme end of it and have him finish the remainder of the time incarcerated, which it seems they're doing indirectly.

Best wishes for the both of you, and keep us up-to-date please.