Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GREAT MEADOW HUB - NY DOC New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the GREAT MEADOW HUB - Moriah, Washington, Great Meadow, Mt. McGregor, Greene, Coxsackie, Hudson.

Old 03-26-2017, 04:46 PM

Unhappy How do the visits work at Greene? Is it by din or by last name?

How do the visits work there? Is it by din or by last name? The sticky on here for that facility really should be updated it at least give better insight. This sight says by din# but I was also told it's by the last name.

My husband just got approved for honor dorm at another facility and here was doing good there. I'm convinced the system don't want you to be that person. They seen to move good ppl, minding their own business to this facility, making them afraid. This facility is way different from the previous. I don't like the sounds of it and wish he could pot in a transfer closer to home.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2017, 05:24 PM

Your best bet is to call the facility and ask to speak to someone in guidance to see how they do the visits. I believe the determination in how they do visits is dictated by the Superintendent of that particular HUB; and it's best to get the information first hand from someone in guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyone4u30 View Post
How do the visits work there? Is it by din or by last name? The sticky on here for that facility really should be updated it at least give better insight. This sight says by din# but I was also told it's by the last name.

My husband just got approved for honor dorm at another facility and here was doing good there. I'm convinced the system don't want you to be that person. They seen to move good ppl, minding their own business to this facility, making them afraid. This facility is way different from the previous. I don't like the sounds of it and wish he could pot in a transfer closer to home.
Old 03-28-2017, 07:03 AM

I called yesterday morning and got my answer. It goes by din#. If the din is a even number, then visits are on the even day and vice versa.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyone4u30 View Post
I called yesterday morning and got my answer. It goes by din#. If the din is a even number, then visits are on the even day and vice versa.
I have since been told this is incorrect. There is no system to their madness. They have a calender with the last digit of the din# that determines the visitation day. Most of his visits fall on Sunday mornings. The wait is at least an hour+. Once I waited over 2 hours!