Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mississippi Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Mississippi.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:58 AM

Default R&C at rankin-how long are they there and can he use the phone?

Hey yall. I have a question. When a inmate finally gets in R&C at CMCF in Rankin. How long are they usually there and are they able to use the phones to call out ?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeeJoiner View Post
Hey yall. I have a question. When a inmate finally gets in R&C at CMCF in Rankin. How long are they usually there and are they able to use the phones to call out ?
My child's father was there close to 8 weeks they don't get in no hurry.. An if u don't want him transferred to parchman find out his case manager an go ahead an do a paid transfer. I found out after dyl was transferred to parchman I could have paid for him a transfer while he was in Rankin an he wouldn't have went to parchman!
Old 05-09-2018, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAYSONSWIFEY1 View Post
My child's father was there close to 8 weeks they don't get in no hurry.. An if u don't want him transferred to parchman find out his case manager an go ahead an do a paid transfer. I found out after dyl was transferred to parchman I could have paid for him a transfer while he was in Rankin an he wouldn't have went to parchman!
Is Parchman bad ? This is all fairly new to us. So I can call up there and check the status of his classification and all that ? What other prisons do they send to theat is better than Parchman because as of right now at rankin they are over crowded and has him in the unit where people are serving life sentences. He called this morning and told me that people from intake was being housed there too because its no room in quickbed
Old 05-09-2018, 02:19 PM

Is he court ordered to do any kind of treatment as far as a&d ? An what was his custody status while he was on papers of he was minimum custody when he went in that's what he will classify as Dylan seen his p.o. twice a month before he went an he's medium custody an was court ordered to do a&d it all depends on there custody level if he is minimum they call it a out he can go to a satellite or community work center
Quote:
Is Parchman bad ? This is all fairly new to us. So I can call up there and check the status of his classification and all that ? What other prisons do they send to theat is better than Parchman because as of right now at rankin they are over crowded and has him in the unit where people are serving life sentences. He called this morning and told me that people from intake was being housed there too because its no room in quickbed
Old 05-09-2018, 02:21 PM

An yes when Dylan was there he was on a mat on the floor an it was winter ... go look on Mississippi department of corrections website an it shows all the community work center an regional jails an state prisons
Quote:
Is he court ordered to do any kind of treatment as far as a&d ? An what was his custody status while he was on papers of he was minimum custody when he went in that's what he will classify as Dylan seen his p.o. twice a month before he went an he's medium custody an was court ordered to do a&d it all depends on there custody level if he is minimum they call it a out he can go to a satellite or community work center
Old 05-09-2018, 02:23 PM

An yes I'm not trying to scare u but yes parchman is awful ... I'm not gone sugar coat it one bit id rather tell u an u be prepared then be blind sided it's hell
Quote:
An yes when Dylan was there he was on a mat on the floor an it was winter ... go look on Mississippi department of corrections website an it shows all the community work center an regional jails an state prisons
The Following User Says Thank You to CAYSONSWIFEY1 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:29 PM
AmyLynn

What do u mean paid transfer? Like you can pick where u prefer them to go to avoid Parchman? Break that down for me.

Parchman is real bad. Usually C custody goes to Parchman and its red and whites. You then have to be RVR free for a year to lower back into black and whites. That can be challenging in itself because its majority affiliation and lets not mention all the cell phones, spice, and ice on the zones. K9 constantly shaking down and of course you got the latest suicides and the murder they are now investigating. I hope yours don't end up at MSP.

Last edited by ItsMe81; 05-09-2018 at 02:31 PM..
Old 05-09-2018, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Its so crazy because this is actually his first time ever being in prison. Hes never had a p.o but he will once he get out. I dont know how they do first time offenders
Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
What do u mean paid transfer? Like you can pick where u prefer them to go to avoid Parchman? Break that down for me.

Parchman is real bad. Usually C custody goes to Parchman and its red and whites. You then have to be RVR free for a year to lower back into black and whites. That can be challenging in itself because its majority affiliation and lets not mention all the cell phones, spice, and ice on the zones. K9 constantly shaking down and of course you got the latest suicides and the murder they are now investigating. I hope yours don't end up at MSP.
I seen the shakedown. Hopefully once they give him his time sheet he will be able to tell me where they are sending to and I can go from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to KeeJoiner For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 02:38 PM
AmyLynn

MDOC has a FB page? I didn't realize that.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:43 PM

Yea I just seen that the other day.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
MDOC has a FB page? I didn't realize that.
Yes an there is a group called mississippi prison wives an family add that group too u will love it
Old 05-09-2018, 02:48 PM
AmyLynn

Message me how to find that please
Old 05-09-2018, 02:49 PM

It all depends on there custody level Dylan is b custody black an whites hes in unit 30 the drug an alcohol unit an yes u can do a paid transfer soon as Dylan is done with a&d I'm having him transferred to a regional closer to home c custody would stay in the state pens cause they have to be in maximum but a & b custody can go to regionals
Old 05-09-2018, 02:52 PM
AmyLynn

Yea I know about black and whites being there. He told me that they are slowly transferring black and whites out of there because they are trying to make it all reds. I'm gonna tell mine about the paid transfer option so he knows he can when he gets back in blacks. His case manager told him about what he needs to do to get down as low as green and whites.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Yea I know about black and whites being there. He told me that they are slowly transferring black and whites out of there because they are trying to make it all reds. I'm gonna tell mine about the paid transfer option so he knows he can when he gets back in blacks. His case manager told him about what he needs to do to get down as low as green and whites.
Yes when he gets to black an whites transfer him to a regional u have to pay for the mildge an it has to be put on there commissary an they take it out of that
The Following User Says Thank You to CAYSONSWIFEY1 For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (05-09-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:33 PM

Tell him all he has to do when he gets to black an whites is have u get ahold of his case manager an he does to an request a paid transfer an yea they will get him up out of there
Quote:
Yes when he gets to black an whites transfer him to a regional u have to pay for the mildge an it has to be put on there commissary an they take it out of that
Old 05-09-2018, 04:36 PM
AmyLynn

Yea he just called and I asked what that was about. He told me. They will transfer you anywhere you wanna go as long as there is a bed open and you have $ on books to pay for the gas.
Old 05-09-2018, 06:05 PM

Wait so if I wanted to get him transferred out of Mississippi back to Memphis where we originally stay can I do that or it has to be a Mississippi facility? I would feel much better if he was closer
Old 05-09-2018, 06:15 PM
AmyLynn

No just MS....
To transfer out like that would be an interstate compact. That's harder.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Wait so if I wanted to get him transferred out of Mississippi back to Memphis where we originally stay can I do that or it has to be a Mississippi facility? I would feel much better if he was closer
They don't do interstate compact for inmates I was on house arrest an they wouldn't do it for me i had to wait till I was on papers for 6 months
Old 05-09-2018, 07:57 PM

Dang. I thought I got lucky.