Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-25-2016, 11:48 PM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Angry My Fiance is an AB109 inmate at MCJ..I'm new here

Hey everyone,

My fiance had an identity theft case from last year that he's been fighting all year to reduce time. He got booked Oct 26th and has been in custody ever since. Court was on Nov 4th and the judge sentenced him to 3 years 8 months state time to serve in county jail. His PRD is April 20, 2018. He was originally at Wayside and was going to put in a request to be a trustee, but the next morning they transferred him to MCJ and automatically brought him in as a trustee. Thats a good thing right? How much time would he actually serve?

Would he have to serve until his PRD? Sheriffs say he will only do a percentage 10-30% but I know they just tell you that so you get off their back. Other inmates tell him he will serve until his PRD. I went down to the jail one night and spoke to the front desk deputy and he said that my fiance's trustee credits will kick in 3-4 months from now and his PRD will change. He said it could possibly drop down to half because hes non violent, low level, and its a white collar crime. Also mentioned Prop 57 kicking in next year and that might change things around for him.

My question to you all....how soon would he be able to get out? I've been researching and trying to get him interviewed for house arrest because I found a private ankle monitor company already accept him into their program, now its up to the sheriffs and probation to push his inmates requests and interview him. We have 4 kids and its getting really hard to manage the bills and daily tasks without him.

Thanks for reading. I just miss my baby. I put money in his books weekly, keep minutes on the phone so he calls twice a day and talk for an hour, and I visit twice a week.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11-26-2016, 12:29 AM
miamac's Avatar
miamac miamac is online now
Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: May 2013
Location: ORnativeAZresCAtied
Posts: 11,407
Thanks: 15,416
Thanked 22,820 Times in 8,080 Posts
Default

I don't want to add confusion to the mix, so I'll say the main point of my post is to say that I personally wouldn't put an ounce of hope in 57 assisting him in coming home early. With an implementation date so far out and him only having 15 months to PRD, it would seem near impossible that it would positively effect his release.

I did find this information regarding AB109 inmates:

Changes to Custody Credits: AB 109 changes how credits for good time and work time are calculated from one day of good time and work time for every six days in jail (1/3 time off) to one day of good time and one day of work time for every four days served (1/2 time off). This change will help mitigate, to some degree, the impact of longer sentences being served in the county jails.
Alternative Custody: Penal Code Section 1203.018 authorizes electronic monitoring for inmates being held in jail in lieu of bail. Eligible inmates must first be held in custody for 60 days post-arraignment for felony charges, or 30 days for those charged with misdemeanor offenses.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2016, 01:56 AM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
I don't want to add confusion to the mix, so I'll say the main point of my post is to say that I personally wouldn't put an ounce of hope in 57 assisting him in coming home early. With an implementation date so far out and him only having 15 months to PRD, it would seem near impossible that it would positively effect his release.

I did find this information regarding AB109 inmates:

Changes to Custody Credits: AB 109 changes how credits for good time and work time are calculated from one day of good time and work time for every six days in jail (1/3 time off) to one day of good time and one day of work time for every four days served (1/2 time off). This change will help mitigate, to some degree, the impact of longer sentences being served in the county jails.
Alternative Custody: Penal Code Section 1203.018 authorizes electronic monitoring for inmates being held in jail in lieu of bail. Eligible inmates must first be held in custody for 60 days post-arraignment for felony charges, or 30 days for those charged with misdemeanor offenses.

So for custody credits, he gets good time/work time right now, the judge credited him 10 days served (5 days actual time) when he was being sentenced. So right now he's at 30 days but in the computer he's at 60 days served, without trustee credits kicking in yet. I will still try for house arrest after he's served 60 days and see if it makes a difference. I was told to get a hold of his probation officer so he can get him released and on an ankle monitor.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2016, 11:42 AM
missingdee's Avatar
missingdee missingdee is offline
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Metro Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 3,508
Thanks: 4,035
Thanked 6,303 Times in 2,353 Posts
Default

Okay, I feel like this disclaimer has to go everywhere....nobody knows exactly what Prop 57 will do, but it is entirely at the State Prison level. It will have zero impact on sentences served in County Jail.

As to early kick-outs, AB 109 sentences are supposed to be served at 50% and are treated differently than straight county jail sentences (misdemeanors, for example.) Early kicks, actually, are because the AB 109 have to be housed up to their 50% date (they may get some break, but not the way people doing time on misdemeanors are getting them.) AB 109 increased overcrowding.

Being a Trustee does not guarantee an early release, either.

Getting out before that date isn't impossible I suppose, and he may qualify for an in-home ankle monitor for some of that sentence (not too familiar with how that program works for AB 109 inmates,) but unless the LASD website indicates an updated release date, I would anticipate the date you see is approximately the date he'll get.
__________________
Missing Dee. Finding Serenity.



"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Minor activist (11-30-2016), Sarianna (11-30-2016)
  #5  
Old 12-28-2016, 01:56 PM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

They just updated his release date from April 20th, 2018 to January 2nd, 2018! Hopefully he will be home for next Christmas!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pikachu6 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-29-2016)
  #6  
Old 12-29-2016, 11:52 AM
Sarianna's Avatar
Sarianna Sarianna is offline
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Swinging from the chandelier
Posts: 3,350
Thanks: 16,906
Thanked 4,800 Times in 2,082 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
They just updated his release date from April 20th, 2018 to January 2nd, 2018! Hopefully he will be home for next Christmas!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-08-2017, 01:42 AM
Qem7229 Qem7229 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Oregon Washington county
Posts: 11
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Any update of a sooner release for your husband? My brother is in the same situation. Where am I able to see his PRD? He says it's 11/27/17 a little over 90 days.

I mean he's been in there for a little over 90 days. He keeps saying he should be out by now with time served and he's in the trustee program.

Last edited by patchouli; 03-08-2017 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Merged 2 consecutive posts
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2017, 12:49 AM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qem7229 View Post
Any update of a sooner release for your husband? My brother is in the same situation. Where am I able to see his PRD? He says it's 11/27/17 a little over 90 days.

I mean he's been in there for a little over 90 days. He keeps saying he should be out by now with time served and he's in the trustee program.
Hey! Ok so my fiancés original PRD was 4/20/2018 but after trustee credits it went down to 1/2/2018. He's now in fire camp training so that will cut down his time even more. So your brothers PRD still says 11/27/2017? I remember at court they gave my fiancé 10 days served so his PRD already reflected that amount. So your brothers sentencing is a little confusing being that he has so many days served credits and his PRD is that far away. Any update?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-08-2017, 09:50 AM
teara29 teara29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angelos, California
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
Hey! Ok so my fiancés original PRD was 4/20/2018 but after trustee credits it went down to 1/2/2018. He's now in fire camp training so that will cut down his time even more. So your brothers PRD still says 11/27/2017? I remember at court they gave my fiancé 10 days served so his PRD already reflected that amount. So your brothers sentencing is a little confusing being that he has so many days served credits and his PRD is that far away. Any update?

Hey! my brother is in there for the same charge. Does your fiance get the 10%-30% that they were talking about? I am so confused with that. Or the only good time available is through the work or fire program??
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-08-2017, 02:03 PM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teara29 View Post
Hey! my brother is in there for the same charge. Does your fiance get the 10%-30% that they were talking about? I am so confused with that. Or the only good time available is through the work or fire program??

Hi they do their entire time as ab109. My fiancé is now at fire camp so he will be getting out a couple months earlier.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 05-09-2017, 06:51 AM
teara29 teara29 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2017
Location: Los Angelos, California
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Okay thanks. So do you know why they don't get the good time. So fire camp and like the work program is the only options for good time?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 05-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Pikachu6 Pikachu6 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Los Angeles, USA
Posts: 77
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teara29 View Post
Okay thanks. So do you know why they don't get the good time. So fire camp and like the work program is the only options for good time?
They get good time/work time credits in county. So if he got sentenced 2 years, he will do only 1 year. If he is a trustee he will get some more credits taken off.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-21-2019, 02:42 PM
moniiipie moniiipie is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: California LA
Posts: 4
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikachu6 View Post
Hey everyone,

My fiance had an identity theft case from last year that he's been fighting all year to reduce time. He got booked Oct 26th and has been in custody ever since. Court was on Nov 4th and the judge sentenced him to 3 years 8 months state time to serve in county jail. His PRD is April 20, 2018. He was originally at Wayside and was going to put in a request to be a trustee, but the next morning they transferred him to MCJ and automatically brought him in as a trustee. Thats a good thing right? How much time would he actually serve?

Would he have to serve until his PRD? Sheriffs say he will only do a percentage 10-30% but I know they just tell you that so you get off their back. Other inmates tell him he will serve until his PRD. I went down to the jail one night and spoke to the front desk deputy and he said that my fiance's trustee credits will kick in 3-4 months from now and his PRD will change. He said it could possibly drop down to half because hes non violent, low level, and its a white collar crime. Also mentioned Prop 57 kicking in next year and that might change things around for him.

My question to you all....how soon would he be able to get out? I've been researching and trying to get him interviewed for house arrest because I found a private ankle monitor company already accept him into their program, now its up to the sheriffs and probation to push his inmates requests and interview him. We have 4 kids and its getting really hard to manage the bills and daily tasks without him.

Thanks for reading. I just miss my baby. I put money in his books weekly, keep minutes on the phone so he calls twice a day and talk for an hour, and I visit twice a week.


So what date was he actually release.?I'm going through the same thing now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
ab109, los angeles county jail, mcj, trustee, trusty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to get an AB109 on house arrest/electronic monitoring creb914 California: County & City Jail Discussions 3 11-15-2016 01:10 PM
Extradition For Parolees Since AB109 Went Into Affect King Of Pop California Parole, Probation & Release 0 12-22-2012 12:28 PM
Changes to Parole because of AB109 or Supreme Court Order happy tuesday California Parole, Probation & Release 12 10-16-2011 09:05 PM
Instructions to parole on AB109 2sleepy California Parole, Probation & Release 14 10-16-2011 12:32 AM
Implementation of AB109 delayed to Oct. 1 2sleepy California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes 0 06-30-2011 02:01 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics