Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHULZ789 View Post
Well, I don't know for a fact that they are putting out 1100 men for a training. I'd hope that's not the case. It seems like a lot of time, just to train. Especially as a full lockdown. But really, at Marion, I can't imagine any situation so severe that they'd "need" to be on lockdown for any extended period of time. There is so little violence, comparatively, to other BOP facilities. Drugs have been a problem, at times, but it sounds like it's been dealt with quickly, in my loved ones' unit. I suppose other units could have been having far more trouble, and I never knew about it.
What unit is he in. Mine is in RDAP
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 PM

I'm not sure what the unit number is, I've never had to use it for anything, but he's not in RDAP. That's great that your husband got into RDAP! Will he qualify for the year off his sentence? That sounds fantastic.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what the unit number is, I've never had to use it for anything, but he's not in RDAP. That's great that your husband got into RDAP! Will he qualify for the year off his sentence? That sounds fantastic.
Yes if he makes it through the program
Old 04-05-2019, 09:39 AM

My loved one was let out for two hours today. They'll lock down again. He got a five minute phone call and was able to send a quick email, which I have not yet received. He says it's pretty bad. Drugs. They are taking a lot of property. He has no idea how much longer it will go on.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:26 AM

Quote:
My loved one was let out for two hours today. They'll lock down again. He got a five minute phone call and was able to send a quick email, which I have not yet received. He says it's pretty bad. Drugs. They are taking a lot of property. He has no idea how much longer it will go on.
Yup same I got a five min call and my loved one said they currently are permitted to email five times per month and make one five min call a day no prediction on timing of this call and their commissary is limited can only spend $100 a month. Sounds like they are punishing all of them for the longer haul, entire USP population, for this drug thing. So enraging. And my loved one said they are not allowed outside cell during day . That was my main question. I had hoped at least they could walk around the unit and socialize. It sounds like they may be let out for like two hrs hopefully every day or at least sometimes. Ridiculous. Like the entire population is in Solitary confinement light lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lhurst For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-05-2019)
Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurst View Post
Yup same I got a five min call and my loved one said they currently are permitted to email five times per month and make one five min call a day no prediction on timing of this call and their commissary is limited can only spend $100 a month. Sounds like they are punishing all of them for the longer haul, entire USP population, for this drug thing. So enraging. And my loved one said they are not allowed outside cell during day . That was my main question. I had hoped at least they could walk around the unit and socialize. It sounds like they may be let out for like two hrs hopefully every day or at least sometimes. Ridiculous. Like the entire population is in Solitary confinement light lol.
Damn sure sounds that way
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM

It's awful, what they are doing. Anyone who has taken a basic sociology course knows that mass punishment rarely works, under the best circumstances. In prison? It will not control the drug situation. They are creating far more problems than they are solving. It is what it is, though. I'm glad you got a call, too.
Old 04-05-2019, 01:16 PM

Quote:
It's awful, what they are doing. Anyone who has taken a basic sociology course knows that mass punishment rarely works, under the best circumstances. In prison? It will not control the drug situation. They are creating far more problems than they are solving. It is what it is, though. I'm glad you got a call, too.
Exactly. They are taking a what sounds like pretty calm and cooperative overall population and creating a bitter and angry and misbehaving population.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurst View Post
Exactly. They are taking a what sounds like pretty calm and cooperative overall population and creating a bitter and angry and misbehaving population.
I completely agree with you.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM

Hi, do you know if the lockdown is at the camp too? LO self surrenders next week.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMI67 View Post
Hi, do you know if the lockdown is at the camp too? LO self surrenders next week.
I don't think the camp is on lockdown.