Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:58 PM
upsetspouse upsetspouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 222
Thanks: 7
Thanked 109 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHULZ789 View Post
Well, I don't know for a fact that they are putting out 1100 men for a training. I'd hope that's not the case. It seems like a lot of time, just to train. Especially as a full lockdown. But really, at Marion, I can't imagine any situation so severe that they'd "need" to be on lockdown for any extended period of time. There is so little violence, comparatively, to other BOP facilities. Drugs have been a problem, at times, but it sounds like it's been dealt with quickly, in my loved ones' unit. I suppose other units could have been having far more trouble, and I never knew about it.
What unit is he in. Mine is in RDAP
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #127  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:15 PM
CSCHULZ789 CSCHULZ789 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermont
Posts: 37
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

I'm not sure what the unit number is, I've never had to use it for anything, but he's not in RDAP. That's great that your husband got into RDAP! Will he qualify for the year off his sentence? That sounds fantastic.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:27 PM
upsetspouse upsetspouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 222
Thanks: 7
Thanked 109 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHULZ789 View Post
I'm not sure what the unit number is, I've never had to use it for anything, but he's not in RDAP. That's great that your husband got into RDAP! Will he qualify for the year off his sentence? That sounds fantastic.
Yes if he makes it through the program
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 04-05-2019, 09:39 AM
CSCHULZ789 CSCHULZ789 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermont
Posts: 37
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

My loved one was let out for two hours today. They'll lock down again. He got a five minute phone call and was able to send a quick email, which I have not yet received. He says it's pretty bad. Drugs. They are taking a lot of property. He has no idea how much longer it will go on.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 04-05-2019, 10:26 AM
Lhurst Lhurst is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 28
Thanks: 14
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHULZ789 View Post
My loved one was let out for two hours today. They'll lock down again. He got a five minute phone call and was able to send a quick email, which I have not yet received. He says it's pretty bad. Drugs. They are taking a lot of property. He has no idea how much longer it will go on.
Yup same I got a five min call and my loved one said they currently are permitted to email five times per month and make one five min call a day no prediction on timing of this call and their commissary is limited can only spend $100 a month. Sounds like they are punishing all of them for the longer haul, entire USP population, for this drug thing. So enraging. And my loved one said they are not allowed outside cell during day . That was my main question. I had hoped at least they could walk around the unit and socialize. It sounds like they may be let out for like two hrs hopefully every day or at least sometimes. Ridiculous. Like the entire population is in Solitary confinement light lol.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lhurst For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-05-2019)
  #131  
Old 04-05-2019, 10:53 AM
upsetspouse upsetspouse is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Spokane WA
Posts: 222
Thanks: 7
Thanked 109 Times in 75 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurst View Post
Yup same I got a five min call and my loved one said they currently are permitted to email five times per month and make one five min call a day no prediction on timing of this call and their commissary is limited can only spend $100 a month. Sounds like they are punishing all of them for the longer haul, entire USP population, for this drug thing. So enraging. And my loved one said they are not allowed outside cell during day . That was my main question. I had hoped at least they could walk around the unit and socialize. It sounds like they may be let out for like two hrs hopefully every day or at least sometimes. Ridiculous. Like the entire population is in Solitary confinement light lol.
Damn sure sounds that way
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 04-05-2019, 11:03 AM
CSCHULZ789 CSCHULZ789 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermont
Posts: 37
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

It's awful, what they are doing. Anyone who has taken a basic sociology course knows that mass punishment rarely works, under the best circumstances. In prison? It will not control the drug situation. They are creating far more problems than they are solving. It is what it is, though. I'm glad you got a call, too.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 04-05-2019, 01:16 PM
Lhurst Lhurst is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 28
Thanks: 14
Thanked 19 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCHULZ789 View Post
It's awful, what they are doing. Anyone who has taken a basic sociology course knows that mass punishment rarely works, under the best circumstances. In prison? It will not control the drug situation. They are creating far more problems than they are solving. It is what it is, though. I'm glad you got a call, too.
Exactly. They are taking a what sounds like pretty calm and cooperative overall population and creating a bitter and angry and misbehaving population.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 04-05-2019, 02:36 PM
CSCHULZ789 CSCHULZ789 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermont
Posts: 37
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhurst View Post
Exactly. They are taking a what sounds like pretty calm and cooperative overall population and creating a bitter and angry and misbehaving population.
I completely agree with you.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 04-05-2019, 05:45 PM
SUMI67 SUMI67 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Poplar grove, il
Posts: 17
Thanks: 10
Thanked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Hi, do you know if the lockdown is at the camp too? LO self surrenders next week.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 04-06-2019, 09:15 AM
CSCHULZ789 CSCHULZ789 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Vermont
Posts: 37
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUMI67 View Post
Hi, do you know if the lockdown is at the camp too? LO self surrenders next week.
I don't think the camp is on lockdown.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
federal, marion, prison, usp

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of Inmates to see the Board under new court ruling bebopp7 Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 28 05-20-2010 02:44 AM
Marion USP ThunderRolls Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 2 01-15-2007 01:22 AM
Inside Word About Marion Usp...... DREAD 2 Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 13 10-22-2006 12:02 PM
Older USP's still in operation as high security? kintml2u Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 2 10-20-2006 07:23 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:41 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics