Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Please use this forum to talk about Department of Correction prison units, private institutiions, city jails, county jails, etc.

Old 08-18-2019, 11:29 AM

Question Whatís CSP like?

Hi everyone, I have a pen pal at Colorado State Pen and I was wondering what itís like there? My pen pal says itís not too bad and that he lives comfortably. But Iíve read some people say itís the worst prison in the state so I kind of want to know more about it. Any info would be super appreciated by me xxx
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleopatra95 View Post
Hi everyone, I have a pen pal at Colorado State Pen and I was wondering what itís like there? My pen pal says itís not too bad and that he lives comfortably. But Iíve read some people say itís the worst prison in the state so I kind of want to know more about it. Any info would be super appreciated by me xxx
It's the max security prison. There is an incentive unit there for lower-risk offenders. that is not too bad I hear. Do you know if he is in the incentive unit? If not, I heard CSP is pretty grueling.they are locked up 23 hours a day and even eat their meals in their cells. They have very little human contact. It could really drive a person crazy.

Old 08-18-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
It's the max security prison. There is an incentive unit there for lower-risk offenders. that is not too bad I hear. Do you know if he is in the incentive unit? If not, I heard CSP is pretty grueling.they are locked up 23 hours a day and even eat their meals in their cells. They have very little human contact. It could really drive a person crazy.
Incentive unit? He mentioned being in a transition unit to be transferred, but that was supposed to happen in May and heís still there. I know heís in unit B and thatís it. God I had no idea it was that dire?! 23 hours all by yourself? My heart hurts for him 😔
Old 08-18-2019, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Incentive unit? He mentioned being in a transition unit to be transferred, but that was supposed to happen in May and heís still there. I know heís in unit B and thatís it. God I had no idea it was that dire?! 23 hours all by yourself? My heart hurts for him 😔
There is no transition unit at CSP. My husband was there for a year when he first went in 20 years ago and he said it's brutal. but then again, a lot of the guys that go to CSP are there for a reason.

Old 08-18-2019, 03:13 PM

Quote:
There is no transition unit at CSP. My husband was there for a year when he first went in 20 years ago and he said it's brutal. but then again, a lot of the guys that go to CSP are there for a reason.
I donít know if itís called the transition unit, but he just said that instead of being locked up for 23 hours, they let the guys out for several hours a day. And thereís not that many of them in there either. Maybe heís in the incentive unit? Iíll have to ask him! Thank you so much for answering my question xxx
The Following User Says Thank You to Cleopatra95 For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (08-18-2019)
Old 08-18-2019, 05:59 PM

Quote:
I donít know if itís called the transition unit, but he just said that instead of being locked up for 23 hours, they let the guys out for several hours a day. And thereís not that many of them in there either. Maybe heís in the incentive unit? Iíll have to ask him! Thank you so much for answering my question xxx
Yes that makes sense. They have a steps program where they work on getting out of CSP.

Old 08-27-2019, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Yes that makes sense. They have a steps program where they work on getting out of CSP.
Looks like he completed it because heís at Sterling now! Iím hoping thatís a better facility than CSP. I know heís been keen on getting into GP for so long now
Old 08-27-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Looks like he completed it because heís at Sterling now! Iím hoping thatís a better facility than CSP. I know heís been keen on getting into GP for so long now
Unfortunately Sterling is pretty bad. Lots of fights and lockdowns there. Hopefully he can work his way out.

Old 08-27-2019, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately Sterling is pretty bad. Lots of fights and lockdowns there. Hopefully he can work his way out.
Wait for real? Damn, I was just starting to feel relieved that he was out of CSP and now I find this out. I feel so bad for him. I know he can handle himself in situations, but I also know heís not one to back down from situations so hopefully he can keep out of all of that messiness. Lockdowns donít affect letters, right? How do people work their way out of facilities? Heís told me heís always going to be on the maximum security yards, but heís used to it so heís almost immune to it. He said he just wants to be where thereís more happening so hopefully heís going to be okay. Thanks for the information! Youíve been so helpful
Old 08-27-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Wait for real? Damn, I was just starting to feel relieved that he was out of CSP and now I find this out. I feel so bad for him. I know he can handle himself in situations, but I also know heís not one to back down from situations so hopefully he can keep out of all of that messiness. Lockdowns donít affect letters, right? How do people work their way out of facilities? Heís told me heís always going to be on the maximum security yards, but heís used to it so heís almost immune to it. He said he just wants to be where thereís more happening so hopefully heís going to be okay. Thanks for the information! Youíve been so helpful
If he's always going to be in Max yards, he won't be able to work on getting to a lower custody facility. My husband has been at just about every facility and he says Sterling was the worst. Alot of gang activity. Letters aren't affected by lockdowns but phone calls and visits are.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
Cleopatra95 (08-28-2019)
Old 08-28-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
If he's always going to be in Max yards, he won't be able to work on getting to a lower custody facility. My husband has been at just about every facility and he says Sterling was the worst. Alot of gang activity. Letters aren't affected by lockdowns but phone calls and visits are.
I think he should be okay. I mean obviously I donít know since Iím not in there with him, but I know he spends most of his time studying the law and heís trying to appeal his case so maybe thatíll be incentive enough to just keep his head down and keep to himself. Iím glad your hubby isnít there anymore! Thanks again xx