Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss New Jersey prison & jail visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 AM

Question Are Boots Allowed at visitation?

Hello everyone, I have a question being winter and all its boots season now do anyone knows if boots are allowed in visiting rooms? or at least which ones aren't allowed I have a pair with fur like and strings and pom poms they are my favorites and I want to wear those on my first visit what about boots with heels?.
And those anyone knows or been thru any problems with the dress code on MidState Correctional Facility NJ? its that true you have to cover your behind? with a long T-Shirt? what about the colors not allowed? is brown allowed? I am sorry for so many questions but I am getting ready for my first visit and I want to be able to see my baby. Oh by the way do I have to remove the under-wire of my bra to?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 PM
If everyone cared!
Donation Award 

Hi there, In reference to your question above. I personally have no knowledge of the dress code for MidState Correctional Facility NJ? My recommendation is to search online under their DOC website or here on PTO under the specific state. try to see this link http://http://www.state.nj.us/correc...dress_code.pdf
I visit in Washington State and I just visited back in December and I was able to wear boots with heals which you can see the picture in my profile. Our tops must have a full sleeve, no bare chest. Yes, no underwire bra, it will set the alarm off even earings. it happened to me.

I hope you are able to follow the link, if not just copied it and past it into your browser. Feel free to ask any more questions.

Best Regards,
Gallega

Old 02-24-2010, 08:18 AM
Peace Comes from Within

Thanked 1,439 Times in 772 Posts

I visit at SWSP and have seen people with Uggs and boots with heels. You have to take off any footwear except for sneakers to go thru the metal detectors. My underwire doesn't set off the metal detector but usually I try to remember to wear one without an underwire. We have to wear big shirts that come to mid thigh almost, must have sleeves, no cleavage, not tight, no inappropriate sayings, no beige or tan. I pretty much have a set outfit that I wear each visit that I know will be okay..... Jeans, sneakers, small earrings, big, long t-shirt. I have seen some people with long sweaters, some with long sweatshirts (no hoods). Good luck. Hope you enjoy your visit!

The Following User Says Thank You to alexsci For This Useful Post:
KeyLime44 (02-24-2010)
Old 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM

Default Boots Allow?

Hello everyone, thank you so much for your help girls, you guys said earings set off the alarm? even gold earings?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy it is cool again!

No not gold earrings, I think the cheaper metal ones, because my silver gets through too.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:45 AM

Default Boots Allow

Hello, thank you for your responce, I am glad for that I can do without my earings but they are gold, getting ready to see my baby for the 1st time this weekend and I want everything to go well, thats if my car makes it! haha! can't find any info on buses to Mid State Correc Fac in NJ from NJ if anyone has any info on how to get up there by Public transit please PM me as soon as posible, don't trust my car, but I am going to take the chance anyway.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 AM

Don't quote me BUT I think the joint connection services there.......
Old 02-25-2010, 06:11 PM

Angry Boots Allow?

Hello, I am sorry but I am new at all this with the prisons, what is joint connection services? can someone explain?

I am sooooooo superrrrrrr saddddddddd that I can't see my baby this weekend he's also disappointed because of the snow storm, this really sucks! my first visit, I haven't been able to touch him or hug him going on 8 months.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 PM

Gurl......I know what u mean....I haven't touched mine in almost ten months......joint connection is a public transportation line that services the state prisons......BUT it only leaves out of Newark Penn Station.....if u look further along the post u might find the number....or if u google it the number will pop up......

Last edited by LovemyMyl2012; 02-25-2010 at 09:57 PM..
Old 02-28-2010, 08:36 PM

Question Boots Allowed?

Hello everyone, I spoke to my baby today and I explain that because of the snow I could not make it up to MidSate, so I will definetly make it next weekend, ok so I told him that I already removed the underwire of my bra so I should not have a problem but the dress code sucks so I was wearing jeans a Long T-Shirt that covers my behind and that I am sorry but had to leave pretty early in the morning to make it in so I wasn't going to wear any make up! so you know what he told me? I don't want you looking like a construction worker! can you girls believe that? what am I suppose to do? I can't look sexy for him, I refuse to wear the boots he like so much and my leather jacket that of course its upto my waist so my behind will show, I don't know what to do, after all he's been thru, I don't want him upset that I can look my best, Please anyone help! and tell me what can I wear to go with the dress code but still look sexy for my man.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Account Closed

He said that to you and you are worried about upsetting him?? I don't want to sound harsh but if you are going to see him he should be happy to see you if you wear a burlap bag! I have been doing this for 9 years now and I wear the same outfit just about every time because I know it will get me inside. And he is just glad I am there. Your guy must know how strict things are. Explain to him that the dress code is very strict in all the prisons and if he is still upset, don't go. I'm not trying to be mean because we are all in the same boat and need to stick together but through the years I have seen many girls trying to look all cutesy and get turned away. I hope for your sake he understands because if this upsets him you have a long haul ahead of you.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,641 Posts

its pretty hard to try to look nice or sexy...you really just have to visit 4 or 5 times, get a feel for the COs and what they let slide and what they reject to get an idea of what you can and can't wear. thats the best advice i can give.

The Following User Says Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
jasonzwifey2011 (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 06:50 AM

Smile Boots Allowed?

Hello everyone, thank you much for your help guys, yes I am going to have to visit a couple of times and look what other ladys are wearing so that I have an idea of what I could wear. And yes I had to explain to him the way things go in there, he's been there 2 weeks so he really doesn't know how things go yet, after I explain he understood and said all he wants to do it's see me it doesn't matter what I wear but to come see me, he seems a little anxious to talk to me and I don't know why, he keeps telling me that he needs to talk to me when I get up there, I have the funny feeling his going to ask me to marry him, and I don't want to get married but I also don't want to hurt his feelings "What to do?"
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Peace Comes from Within

Thanked 1,439 Times in 772 Posts

Yesterday at visit there was a young lady with boots with fur and pom poms and it was ok. They let slide a very cute young lady who had on the long tee shirt and over it an attractive short vest. Just depends on their mood.

Old 09-08-2019, 04:50 PM

Default timberland boots

dont waer timberland boots i got turned away from bayside prison today!!! brown ankle boots not allowed