Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Wisconsin that do not fit into any other Wisconsin sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-22-2003, 09:56 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,825 Times in 1,600 Posts
Question What Wisconsin Prison or Jail is your loved one at?

Please use this thread to post which prison your loved one is currently located at. Please do not use this thread for general discussion. It is meant to be a resource to help PTO members locate other members that have loved ones in the same prison, or close by. If you wish to discuss a particular Unit, please start a new thread in the forum.

Thanks,
Fed-X
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2003, 06:08 PM
Donation Award 

I am Candy and my man is located at Fox Lake Correctional Institute.

Old 05-27-2003, 02:46 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

Trey is no longer in prison, but was released in OCtober 2002 from Jackson Correctional in Black River Falls
Old 06-02-2003, 12:04 PM

how do you find where someone is placed after court? he is in la crosse county jail now..but im not sure where he will be after today...if anyone can help me..let me know..thanks
Old 06-03-2003, 12:33 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

You could call his PO and see where he is being transferred. Otherwise you might have to wait to hear from him on where he is going. Prisons usually don't tell you where someone is being transferred due to the escape risk.
Old 06-04-2003, 07:57 PM

Hi.. I'm Karen and my baby, Derek, is at Waupun Correctional Institution. Thanks!!!!
Old 06-04-2003, 09:22 PM

Unhappy missing him much

My Best Friend Alfie, is in Oshkosh Correctional facility. He has been there for 10 years. Both our daughter and I wish to see him more than anything.

Love starts with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a tear.

Old 06-06-2003, 12:18 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

Honeybear - do you go and visit him at WCI? Trey was there when I first met him and I got to know every guard there. The visiting room has changed drastically since I have been there, though.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:12 PM

HI Toughtimes... sorry i didn't see your question before today. Yes, I've been seeing Derek at Waupun since Feb. In April, i had my visitation suspended for 90 days for supposedly 'exposing my breast' while i was adjusting my bra through my clothes. We were targeted by 2 of the female guards a number of times, we believe it's racial. Derek is black and i'm white. A few of the guards have been awesome to me and i show my appreciation of that. Yes, they changed the visitation room big time which was good for me. I'm in a wheelchair and could never access the other visitation room. I've appealed their suspensation with the security director, the warden and now i'm working with the DOC in madison. I'll continue the fight even after we get our visits back in July. They continue to refuse me the right to see the video tape and, being a law student, i know that's a violation of my rights. It's ironic that this all came about after i complained about being segregated in the visiting room, away from the general population due to my wheelchair. The Dept of Justice Civil Rights Division in DC are helping me with a complaint with that one. Guess they wanted to shut me up by suspending my visits.... they're messing with the wrong one though.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

wow!! I hate prison - put simply!! Do you know the guard that they call "Grandma?" She's old and short and nice. There was also this guard named Schmidt who was really nice (and cute) and Jack and Vince. Do you know any of them?

It's so funny -- me and Trey got away with SO MUCH at Waupun. They NEVER caught us at all - so I bet that they are much more strict now than they were before. Yeah, it would have been really hard to get around with a wheelchair in the old visiting room, with all of the stairs and stuff. Was there an elevator that took you up before??
Old 06-16-2003, 08:40 PM

Hi Tough... Yes.. Grandma is STILL there... mostly works the sign in area.. I've met some nice guards too... Sgt Harding and Officer Hunter have been great to me... they've confirmed, to Derek, that the 'video' showed nothing of me doing anything inappropriate... that's what's so damn frustrating about it all... I'm so glad you're done with all the government bull...
Old 06-17-2003, 02:44 PM
Praying for FOREVER!

Grandma was always very nice. She has always checked people in ... there is no way that she would be able to work directly with the inmates (they would take full advantage of her!). I don't know of Harding or Hunter, but I kinda was on a first name basis with most of them since I went 5 times a week for a long, long time. Yeah, I am glad that Trey is out of prison and that I don't have to deal with metal detectors, getting quarters, signing visiting forms, the guards, the drive to the prison.... ugh, so glad it's done!
Old 07-07-2003, 07:11 PM

My fiance' is being transfered to Racine Correctional (Adult). Does anyone have any information as far as visits and rules there???
Old 07-07-2003, 08:59 PM

Browneyegirl.... i don't know anybody at Racine, but I think Derek does. I'll be talking to him on Wed. and I'll ask him if he knows anything, ok???? Good luck hon.... Karen
Old 07-08-2003, 06:35 AM

Thanks Honeybear! I got some information when I called there yesterday. However the woman was not very friendly
I look forward to hearing from you
Old 07-15-2003, 08:22 PM

Hey browneye... I talked to Derek bout Racine and he said 'it's all cool there.' I think that was code for it's not a bad place to be..... lol... He said they're ok with visits, not as strict as alot of other places... just follow the rules and not to give them a reason to make waves... hope this helps... Karen
Old 07-16-2003, 07:17 AM

Thanks!! I have been there twice now. The gaurds are a lot different to read then where he was before. He was transfered from Redgranite. We are allowed to have outdoor visits but so far I haven't seen anyone outside for one. O'well.
Thanks for the info!!

Tina
Old 07-17-2003, 12:24 AM

Outdoor visits???? WOWWWWW!!!! I'd love for that to happen at Waupun. There's no A/C in there and on the weekends when it's fuller, it gets damn hot in there. I think it would be great for the morale of the inmates for them to get outside more. The physical and emotional benefits are incredible. Yes, they are all in there for some reason, but I think they forget they're still humans and deserve respect and dignity. My eyes have definitely been opened since I started seeing Derek in January. I had always believed in our justice system and now, I'm just not all that confident it always works to our benefit. I'm glad you're getting used to things at Racine. Good luck hon. Karen
Old 07-17-2003, 07:22 AM

It's funny I have to agree with you. I too used to believe in our system and now I have some doubts! I was called for Jury duty and I wrote them a letter telling them that I have too much emotional involement in the system! Not only do I have a fiance in I also have a ex husband who is serving 5 years. He is currently in Oshkosh. And I was shocked, I was let out of doing jury!!

Thanks for the messages back, it is so nice to talk to someone who is going through the same thing. Sometimes family and friends just don't understand. Would you mind if I PM'd you sometime?? This whole PTO thing is so new to me. I also have a yahoo id...it is browneyed_gurl4u if you would like to talk sometime.

Thanks again,

Tina
Old 07-17-2003, 06:57 PM

Hi Tina.... I'm new to PTO too. I've only been coming in here a few months. I'm also new to the correctional system. I've only known Derek since January. You can PM me anytime. I rarely have my yahoo on, but i'll start leaving it on. I'm loggy38 on there. I'll add you and wait for you to add me. LOL. I understand bout the family not really understanding things. I really don't have anybody to talk to about things with Derek either. I talk to his family, but they're down in Milwaukee. My family is so-so on the subject. More worried about me being hurt and all. I look forward to talking to you soon. Take care and stay safe!! Karen
Old 07-31-2003, 12:16 AM

Smile W.C.I.

hi, new to this. my fiance is at waupun correctional inst. he has been there for 8 years. he is so sweet and nice. he always been that way even before he got incarcerated. he was just a product of a very broken home that caused him to make alot of poor decisions.
Old 07-31-2003, 08:15 PM

Welcome Ramiahswife!!! This is all new to me too.
Old 08-01-2003, 01:54 AM
The Phoenixx Rises

Default Stanley

Hy boyfriend is in Stanley. For those of you who aren't familiar with it, it is the newest (I believe) of Wisconsin's prisons. This is the one everybody is dreading to be sent to right now. The place is about 1/2 hour east of Eau Claire and about an hour west of Wausau. It is hell so far; he has been there 7 months already. We recently heard he may get transfered out to do AODA, but I've learned not to believe it till I see it.

Any other Stanley people out there?
Old 08-15-2003, 01:44 PM

hi, i'm new to this forum, my man is currently residing at the lovely and scenic wisconsin secure program facility, formerly known as supermax. it really is awful there! he should be getting transfered to a normal max facility in a few months.
Old 08-21-2003, 06:54 PM

hey, my loved one is currently in Green Bay but has also been in supermax and waupan. Where is this prison in stanley.... never heard of it. Is it worse than supermax, that would be just wrong, to have 2 sych horrible places in WI. What is wrong with this state?