Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 11-20-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer310 View Post
Poolside- I see, you said 38% of the total time, not for the projected release date. Ugh...
Yes...

Oct 28-31 = 4 days
Nov =30 days
December =31 days
Jan 1-7 = 7 days

TOTAL =72 DAYS.

72 DAYS TIMES 38.88%= 27.99 DAYS.

If he went in on October 28, he should be out November 24th.

At least that's the current figures from the 3 people that I know that have been released in the past week!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolside View Post
Yes...

Oct 28-31 = 4 days
Nov =30 days
December =31 days
Jan 1-7 = 7 days

TOTAL =72 DAYS.

72 DAYS TIMES 38.88%= 27.99 DAYS.

If he went in on October 28, he should be out November 24th.

At least that's the current figures from the 3 people that I know that have been released in the past week!!

Haha- okay now I'm really confused. Jan 7th is his projected release date. You think he'll only serve 38.88% of that time? That would be great, but I thought you said over 60% of projected release time before.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Haha- okay now I'm really confused. Jan 7th is his projected release date. You think he'll only serve 38.88% of that time? That would be great, but I thought you said over 60% of projected release time before.
Ahhh....I missed that part. NO, take the total number of days sentenced and times it by 38.88%. Sorry, missed the Projected part.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:35 PM
babycomeback

so he called me and said they were going to release him last nite on work release but the said he rather stay in there do the time than come out n say he would do the work release when he knows he would not do it...so he decided not to get released =(
Old 11-20-2009, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Ahhh....I missed that part. NO, take the total number of days sentenced and times it by 38.88%. Sorry, missed the Projected part.

So his time originally was 120 days.
120 x 38.88% - 46.65 days
He went in 10/28 - 4 days
Nov - 30 days
Dec - 12 or 13 days
So, looks like December 12th or 13th

God that seems like forever. Thanks for all your help.
Old 11-20-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycomeback323 View Post
so he called me and said they were going to release him last nite on work release but the said he rather stay in there do the time than come out n say he would do the work release when he knows he would not do it...so he decided not to get released =(
I'm sorry to hear that- my finace is in there for not completing CalTrans... same sort of thing. It makes me mad.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear this...BUT it was smart of him to stay in if he really wasn't going to do it. Unlike Caltrans, if you are let out on work release and don't finish it - you do all the time. The "discounted" time is taken back and you don't get out early if you go back.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
babycomeback

yeah im happy he stood bcuz i know he wouldnt do the work release n sad n i wont see him tonite..= 9
Old 11-24-2009, 03:58 AM

Did anyone hear that during the holiday there is an increase of new inmates and that early release is more likely??
Old 11-24-2009, 01:49 PM

Default Holiday early release

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktagai View Post
Did anyone hear that during the holiday there is an increase of new inmates and that early release is more likely??
I don't know about any holiday but I heard that was true on Halloween because people get arrested for doing stupid stuff. New Years might be another examples because of drunk driving. I can't really speculate that Thanksgiving would provide that same stigma.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jennifer310 For This Useful Post:
ktagai (11-24-2009)
Old 11-25-2009, 10:20 AM

Quote:
So his time originally was 120 days.
120 x 38.88% - 46.65 days
He went in 10/28 - 4 days
Nov - 30 days
Dec - 12 or 13 days
So, looks like December 12th or 13th

God that seems like forever. Thanks for all your help.
At least you'll have a really nice Christmas Present!!
Old 11-25-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:

VERY smart on his part and eventually it will be good for you too. Alot of people don't do work release for the same reason and basically tell the other inmates not to do it. Plus, it's expensive unless he qualifies for free monitoring....not to mention you usually can't even walk out on your own driveway. So, I think it's a smart move!
Old 11-25-2009, 04:19 PM

hi i was wondering if someone can help me estimate his projected release date as well since the website isnt giving him a date yet. he was sentenced on the twentieth of nov to do his 4 year joint sentence that has been supsended until now, also because of not finishing enough cal trans, and the Public defender told me that it would be fifty percent, so two years. but he has credit for about ten months. people have been telling him inside that when he is transferred to state it will drop down to 35 percent. any ideas? i was thinking its going to be about a year....
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM

I hope Halebop drops in and answers this for you. She just went through something similar...
Old 11-26-2009, 02:09 PM

thank you, i hope so too
Old 11-26-2009, 03:36 PM
He's Home, Thank God!!!

Question

my loved one was sentenced to a year in county with no percentages. will he do the whole year or will they still let him go before the year is done?

"Love Is Stronger than any Addiction"

My Loved one is Now Home
June 02, 2008
Thank God!
Old 11-26-2009, 08:13 PM

Default 8 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunmoon728 View Post
my loved one was sentenced to a year in county with no percentages. will he do the whole year or will they still let him go before the year is done?
With no early release from the Sheriff's Department, he should do eight (8) months on the year with good time/work time.

South Bay Scott
Old 11-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Default 50% = July 2, 2011 / 35% = May 3, 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by squrrlymonkeys View Post
hi i was wondering if someone can help me estimate his projected release date as well since the website isnt giving him a date yet. he was sentenced on the twentieth of nov to do his 4 year joint sentence that has been supsended until now, also because of not finishing enough cal trans, and the Public defender told me that it would be fifty percent, so two years. but he has credit for about ten months. people have been telling him inside that when he is transferred to state it will drop down to 35 percent. any ideas? i was thinking its going to be about a year....
His sentence is 4 years, or 48 months, so with the 10 months credit, he has 38 months left to do. Thus at 50%, the earliest he could get out is about a week over 19 months (about July 2, 2011), and if he qualified for the 35% by going to fire camp he would of course get out earlier.

He will probably spend a month in the jail (at 67%), then at least 4 months in a CDCR reception center (at 50%), so by the time he could qualify for the 35% rate, he will have already done another 5 months at the lessor credit earning status (with credit for 9 1/2 months). Thus, on about May 1, 2010, he should have about 28 1/2 months left (865 days), and if he qualified for fire camp on that day, he would do 35% of that time, or about 303 days. Thus, his earliest out date would be around March 3, 2011 (assuming the above variables).

South Bay Scott
Old 11-27-2009, 12:03 PM

Default Release Percentages

Quote:
The current release percentages are 62.2% of the Projected release date and 38% of actual time......

So, October 26 to January 7, is 74 days. 66.2 percent of that is 46 days. My guess is he'll be out December 10th.

Please let us know though, so we can keep accurate percentage rates. Thanks!
I pass this info on for whatever it's worth.

Back in 2005 the Sheriff's Department published the Early Release Criteria. Percentage of sentence varied from 10% to 100% of sentence, depending on the charge.

They don't publish the criteria any more. I asked a Deputy about current criteria and he said, "it's a very complicated formula and it changes, so you can't predict." He wouldn't give any details at all.

I have a friend in MCJ who says guys in his unit are being released with widely varying percentages of time served. The general speculation is that the percentages are different for different offenses. It is also speculated that the percentages change depending on the degree of jail overcrowding. The current popular wisdom is that inmates in on a felony conviction should expect to serve 30% to 50% of their full sentence (not the projected release date).

A few other miscellaneous bits of information.

Inmates get no advance warning of early release. One day a deputy will just say, "Smith, you're out of here." Then they have 30 seconds to grab their stuff and get to the door.

When an inmate is selected for early release, they take him to a holding cell, where he may have to wait for several hours while they check to be sure he has no outstanding warrants. If he does, he goes back in. I heard one story about a guy who was actually out on the street and they discovered he had an outstanding j-walking ticket and they pulled him back in.

Lesson: try to find out if your guy knows of any outstanding citations and see if you can take care of them before he gets released.

Since early releases come without warning, give some thought to how your guy is to get home. There are pay phones in the Inmate Reception Center by the cashier's window and outside at the corner of Vignes and Bauchet. It's easy to make a collect call to a land line phone number. A collect call to a cell phone is more complicated, but if you have a credit card, it can be done. It's best to deposit enough money in your guy's account so he can make phone calls and use public transportation if necessary. The cashier will give him the balance in his account in cash when he is released. If you are picking him up, it's best to have him call after he has actually been released because of the possibilty of a false alarm. Give him your ETA and tell him to be waiting on Bauchet Street in front of the Inmate Reception Center. There are "No Stopping at Any Time" signs, but if he is on the street and able to get in your car right away, it's cool. You can't stop and wait on the street. You could park in the garage ($8).
Old 11-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
I pass this info on for whatever it's worth.

Back in 2005 the Sheriff's Department published the Early Release Criteria. Percentage of sentence varied from 10% to 100% of sentence, depending on the charge.

They don't publish the criteria any more. I asked a Deputy about current criteria and he said, "it's a very complicated formula and it changes, so you can't predict." He wouldn't give any details at all.

I have a friend in MCJ who says guys in his unit are being released with widely varying percentages of time served. The general speculation is that the percentages are different for different offenses. It is also speculated that the percentages change depending on the degree of jail overcrowding. The current popular wisdom is that inmates in on a felony conviction should expect to serve 30% to 50% of their full sentence (not the projected release date).

A few other miscellaneous bits of information.

Inmates get no advance warning of early release. One day a deputy will just say, "Smith, you're out of here." Then they have 30 seconds to grab their stuff and get to the door.

When an inmate is selected for early release, they take him to a holding cell, where he may have to wait for several hours while they check to be sure he has no outstanding warrants. If he does, he goes back in. I heard one story about a guy who was actually out on the street and they discovered he had an outstanding j-walking ticket and they pulled him back in.

Lesson: try to find out if your guy knows of any outstanding citations and see if you can take care of them before he gets released.

Since early releases come without warning, give some thought to how your guy is to get home. There are pay phones in the Inmate Reception Center by the cashier's window and outside at the corner of Vignes and Bauchet. It's easy to make a collect call to a land line phone number. A collect call to a cell phone is more complicated, but if you have a credit card, it can be done. It's best to deposit enough money in your guy's account so he can make phone calls and use public transportation if necessary. The cashier will give him the balance in his account in cash when he is released. If you are picking him up, it's best to have him call after he has actually been released because of the possibilty of a false alarm. Give him your ETA and tell him to be waiting on Bauchet Street in front of the Inmate Reception Center. There are "No Stopping at Any Time" signs, but if he is on the street and able to get in your car right away, it's cool. You can't stop and wait on the street. You could park in the garage ($8).
Coach-

My finace is in for a misdemeanor and today is his 31st day of 120 day sentance. I keep opinghe'll ge out anyday. He does have a ticket for running a redligh so Igood advice. will take care of that.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
He's Home, Thank God!!!

thankyou southbay. sounds about right

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Bay View Post
With no early release from the Sheriff's Department, he should do eight (8) months on the year with good time/work time.

South Bay Scott

"Love Is Stronger than any Addiction"

My Loved one is Now Home
June 02, 2008
Thank God!
Old 11-29-2009, 01:53 AM

South bay,
i just visited my bf today and relayed the info you had stated, and we were wondering a few things. One, when i had spoken with the public defender, the way he had said it was that they judge began the calculations not with 4 years, but with two, which would change the percentage value of the ten month credit, and he was saying that with your calculations that sounds about right, but that the could be doing it the other way, meaning ten months off of two years first, and then that would be about a year and four months before any possible 35% is taken. is that a possibility or are they likely to take the ten months off of the four years first? does this make any sense.....?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Coach-

My finace is in for a misdemeanor and today is his 31st day of 120 day sentance. I keep opinghe'll ge out anyday. He does have a ticket for running a redligh so Igood advice. will take care of that.
He should do 46.65 days on a 120 day sentence, so you're getting close!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:43 PM
babycomeback

my boyfriend has a 63day sentence he turned himself in on nov 16 tomorrow it will be 14day he has been in custody....his project release day is dec. 20....does anyone know if he can be out sooner than dec 20???
Old 12-01-2009, 01:40 AM

Default anxious.......

hello, im new to this... my bf was given 365 for a violent crime ( dui, assault on a police office) he is currently at south pitchess detention center. he was booked 7/05/09, and his Projected Release Date is 3/ 16/2010. hes going on his 5th month and has been noticing that inmates with a 365 day sentence been coming out at 4 months and 6 days... he's been working in there since august. im scared because its considered a violent crime that he will be kept longer even closer to his projected release date..when will he be getting out??..also, he received a letter saying that he needs to be screened before giving him work release...that was three weeks ago.. how long does that usually take??. help! anyone? please?

Last edited by moanr81; 12-01-2009 at 01:43 AM..