Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:34 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,283 Times in 15,619 Posts

Im sorry no one was able to answer.
I also would have said remove them......
I hope your lip heals.......
I think you have to be able to remove things like ear rings....rings, etc.
But Im not sure.
If they set off the metal detector you probably would have to remove them

Let us know how it went when you can.

That's my dog's nose art

Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2018, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canamx View Post
Hi there! I am to visit my fiance at Wasco State Prison this coming Sunday and I couldn't be any happier. However, there is no information on the policy with regards to piercings. Now, I know there are metal detectors and that may be of a concern for me due to piercings. I hear that good quality piercings do not make metal detectors go off but again I go back to their policies. I have called the visiting department at Wasco but unfortunately they are closed so I couldn't get an answer from them and have left a message to the lieutenant but I am impatient and do not want to drive 4hrs not to be let in. Now, I know you'll say "then remove them" easy right? Avoid all this BS! Well, my lip piercing is infected and my pierce said not to remove it as it may cause tissue damage so, I opted to go through the BS and ask away to see what options there are. I mean, for all I all I know they might not make in an issue. Anyway.... Do any of you know what their policy is on piercings? Have you had any issues being let in with facial piercings? Please advise.
Hi... I was there on Sunday while you were processing in (if it wasn't you then it was someone else with piercings that they made them remove). I was going through the metal detector so I'm not sure what happened. They make you take everything off - even if you're going to RC visiting behind glass. If that was you, I hope that you were able to visit your man.

Old 07-22-2018, 01:01 AM

Default Visitation approval documents

This is an odd question but I was told I was approved, my application has been processed. I understand they are not allowed to tell you over the phone, but the lady did. I havenít heard from my LO and Iím curious what the approval paperwork is. Can I just schedule a visiting appointment and go once it shows in the system that Iím an approved visitor? I havenít received the approval letter and Iím impatient. Any info would be appreciated
Old 07-22-2018, 01:54 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof234 View Post
This is an odd question but I was told I was approved, my application has been processed. I understand they are not allowed to tell you over the phone, but the lady did. I havenít heard from my LO and Iím curious what the approval paperwork is. Can I just schedule a visiting appointment and go once it shows in the system that Iím an approved visitor? I havenít received the approval letter and Iím impatient. Any info would be appreciated
As per procedure CDCR will send the approval notice to your loved one - you would only get a letter yourself if you were denied. I suppose if the staff told you you are approved, you should be approved - but I think personally I would wait until you can speak with your loved one and double check with him that he's been informed of the approval as well. That's just me though

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
momof234 (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
As per procedure CDCR will send the approval notice to your loved one - you would only get a letter yourself if you were denied. I suppose if the staff told you you are approved, you should be approved - but I think personally I would wait until you can speak with your loved one and double check with him that he's been informed of the approval as well. That's just me though
Thank you. Yes, you are probably right. Whatís in the acceptance paperwork, do you know?
The Following User Says Thank You to momof234 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:36 PM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thank you. Yes, you are probably right. Whatís in the acceptance paperwork, do you know?
I don't know, sorry - the last time I was approved my fiancť just told me he received a letter saying I was approved and I didn't ask more details... But, I can ask him when he calls me today

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
momof234 (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I don't know, sorry - the last time I was approved my fiancť just told me he received a letter saying I was approved and I didn't ask more details... But, I can ask him when he calls me today
Thank you thatís so sweet of you
Sarianna (07-22-2018)
Old 07-22-2018, 01:49 PM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Quote:
Thank you that’s so sweet of you
No problem, we speak every day so it's easy to check things with him He just called and told me that there isn't really much information in the letter they get confirming a visitor approval; it is just a short note saying such & such person's visit application is approved and it is the inmate's responsibility to inform this person of the approval. That's it.

Coincidentally I just had my latest application denied this month...I know I must've messed up something whilst filling in the form so I'll just do it again after I receive the letter telling me what the reason for denial is... When someone gets denied they send the applicant a letter explaining the reasons for denial - but my fiancť also received a letter saying my application had been denied and that I have been notified of the reasons for denial (they do not release that information to the inmate).

Hope this helps!

Old 07-22-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
No problem, we speak every day so it's easy to check things with him He just called and told me that there isn't really much information in the letter they get confirming a visitor approval; it is just a short note saying such & such person's visit application is approved and it is the inmate's responsibility to inform this person of the approval. That's it.

Coincidentally I just had my latest application denied this month...I know I must've messed up something whilst filling in the form so I'll just do it again after I receive the letter telling me what the reason for denial is... When someone gets denied they send the applicant a letter explaining the reasons for denial - but my fiancť also received a letter saying my application had been denied and that I have been notified of the reasons for denial (they do not release that information to the inmate).

Hope this helps!
Thanks so much. That sucks you have to re do your application I hope they process it quickly
Sarianna (07-23-2018)
Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 PM

Default How strict is the dress code for visiting in reception

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
If itís about visiting, dress code or visiting approval it goes here.
This thread is for INFO, Q&A ONLY.
Visiting for my first time in reception. Dress code sounds way more strict than it was in county jail. Itís going to be 100 degrees when Iím there!! I have a below the knee loose purple skirt and a pink short sleeve T-shirt not too tight. How fitted is too fitted? I havenít seen him for months I want to look cute
Old 08-09-2018, 12:35 AM

Hello,

A loose, below the knee skirt and t-shirt are fine as long as they aren't skin tight. You must still clear the metal detector so make sure that you don't have any underwire in your bra and I do believe that sandals must have a back strap on them - no flip flops or slides. You can always bring a change of clothes just in case or go to the friends outside trailer (they have clothes you can borrow).

Good Luck!
Quote:
Visiting for my first time in reception. Dress code sounds way more strict than it was in county jail. Itís going to be 100 degrees when Iím there!! I have a below the knee loose purple skirt and a pink short sleeve T-shirt not too tight. How fitted is too fitted? I havenít seen him for months I want to look cute

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOUNGnGIFTED For This Useful Post:
momof234 (08-10-2018), Sarianna (08-09-2018)
Old 08-10-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOUNGnGIFTED View Post
Hello,

A loose, below the knee skirt and t-shirt are fine as long as they aren't skin tight. You must still clear the metal detector so make sure that you don't have any underwire in your bra and I do believe that sandals must have a back strap on them - no flip flops or slides. You can always bring a change of clothes just in case or go to the friends outside trailer (they have clothes you can borrow).

Good Luck!
Thank you so much i appreciate the feedback/advice. The skirt is loose the T-shirt is not tight its v neck though though not crew neck. Not a low cut T-shirt at all no cleavage solid color just the color is not right up to the neck. Iíll bring extra clothes. In the past Iíve worried too much and then seen other women racier outfits. Hopefully the cos will be cool. Thanks again
Sarianna (08-10-2018)
Old 09-04-2018, 09:38 PM

If VPASS no longer has appointments, do they allow walk ins? If so from what time to what time can you walk in ?
Old 09-05-2018, 08:39 AM

Thanked 1,542 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxomars View Post
If VPASS no longer has appointments, do they allow walk ins? If so from what time to what time can you walk in ?
I don't know specific walk in times for Wasco GP inmates. Each prison has their own hours and process for that.

If in reception, visits are non-contact. You must have appointment for a non-contact visit, no walk in's. You do not schedule non-contact visits through VPass. Call the prison, and schedule by phone.

If you haven't already, download the visitors guide from CDCR website. It is an easy read and has answers to most questions for new visitors.
The Following User Says Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (09-05-2018)
Old 09-11-2018, 11:01 AM

Quote:
If reception you can do a walk in. You just need to call and verify if you are allowed to walk in. My husband is in reception and I was allowed to do a walk in visit this Sunday. I know they told me I could go in as late as 11:30 - 12:00 when I asked if I could come that late. That's about the time I got there Sunday.
The Following User Says Thank You to bnicoleh For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (09-18-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:02 AM

Hello. I've never done this before, so I'm honestly not sure if I'm even doing it right - but I know I had questions on some of these things so I thought someone else may as well:

I mailed my visitor application the first week of September and it was approved on 9/23/18 - so it looks like maybe the time is a little shorter for that process (right now) and my boyfriend actually sent me the approval letter. It has all of his information and mine, the date that it was approved and all of the lovely rules and regulations for Wasco. It even provided details on who needs appointments and how to make them. I know a lot of those questions were old, but even the old stuff has helped me.
The Following User Says Thank You to JavandAng For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 09:44 AM

Donation Award 

Its true the old questions are some of the new questions, as are some of the answers. lol. Not a whole lot changes with cdcr and visiting.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-10-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 01:27 PM

Can you wear a tank top under your sweater ? I know they make you take off the sweater before going through the metal detector. Just want to make sure
Old 11-03-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Can you wear a tank top under your sweater ? I know they make you take off the sweater before going through the metal detector. Just want to make sure
Just play it safe and make sure your straps are two inches in width.
Old 03-25-2019, 01:35 PM

Hello ladies!

What can you ladies share about clip-on hair extensions? I read on the CDCR visiting handbook (I believe) it said no extensions maybe because of the metal clip. Has anyone had any luck with them? I'll feel bald without my hair ��*♀️
Old 03-28-2019, 07:04 AM

Donation Award 

Unless its medically necessary I dont think you can wear them.
Im sorry about that.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-01-2019, 03:54 PM

Just had our first visit on Saturday!!! Reception, so just 1 hour behind glass, but it was worth the 2.5 hour drive! I know some of you have to go much further.

I was approved more quickly than I thought, and we've been in contact with his counselor so we just called to check up on something and he said his parents and I were approved! So that was exciting.

I wore loose black striped pants and a black T-shirt with a design (that my bb got me for Xmas), but I noticed that almost every other woman there had on skinny jeans. I've got big boobs and a big booty, so I always worry that clothes that might be okay on other ladies will be considered inappropriate on me.

So what's the deal with skinny jeans? Are they okay or no?

"Real gold is not afraid of the test of fire."
The Following User Says Thank You to TheMoth For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (04-02-2019)