Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Correctional Training Facility, Soledad (CTF) - California Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the Correctional Training Facility located in Soledad, California.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:18 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

It doesn'tt really matter whether A or B yard it should be pretty mellow. I think they are all level 2 now. My husband lived there for years when it was general population level three it was wild then compared to now. When I worked there as a nurse it was still level three SNY. It wasn't bad. A lot of alarms but mostly false ones. I did like Ranier hall the best.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2013, 10:26 PM

Default How long does orientation last here?

My hubby is being transferred here from another prison. He is not in reception just a transfer. Does anyone know how long the guys are kept in "orientation" here? Are they able to program right away or are they kepy in orientation while waiting committee? He is Level III SNY.

Thank you for your help and advise.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:05 AM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comehomesoon View Post
My hubby is being transferred here from another prison. He is not in reception just a transfer. Does anyone know how long the guys are kept in "orientation" here? Are they able to program right away or are they kepy in orientation while waiting committee? He is Level III SNY.

Thank you for your help and advise.
Hi sorry no one has answered yet, welcome! Not sure about when he started programming, but I was able to visit my guy right away. Hopefully you have seen him by now!!

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-09-2013)
Old 06-06-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
Hi sorry no one has answered yet, welcome! Not sure about when he started programming, but I was able to visit my guy right away. Hopefully you have seen him by now!!
Thanks for your response. Yeah, I was dissapointed that there was no response so I had to figure it out for myself. he was off orientation is a week. Hopefully some new blood will help this blog helps newbies and others with questions out. We are all here to help each other.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:08 PM
Holdin' on for dear life
Donation Award 

Quote:
We are all here to help each other.
Yep!

I have been bad about checking in here more often... reminds to do it! This seems to be one of the quietest forums in PTO..

Let's give 'em something to talk about!

Last edited by qwerty; 06-13-2013 at 12:09 PM..
Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM

Wait so is just level III a sny yard or level II as well?
Old 07-06-2013, 07:02 PM

Thanked 1,840 Times in 691 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexissrocksss View Post
Wait so is just level III a sny yard or level II as well?
North facility is SNY. At one point they were going to convert to level 2 SNY. It seems they must be level 3. Central facility is level 2 general population and South facility is level 1 general population
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM

North facility is SNY level 2.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM
truly, madly, deeply

Yep. They shipped all the level 3's out.

Under a government which imprisons any unjustly, the true place for a just man is also a prison.
Henry David Thoreau

No longer waiting, the date changed.
Old 07-14-2013, 03:38 PM

What does y-wing mean?
Old 07-14-2013, 06:06 PM

Exclamation Need Answers:)

So my Fiance finished reception at San Quentin. He is mainlined to Soledad in the past week or last week. Not sure exactly when because I havnt received a letter from him for almost 2 weeks. I found out he was in Soledad when i checked online. Does anyone know how long before he can write me or call me? I havnt gotten anything. I need to know whats up with him. Is there some type of orientation or are they holding him before they house him?? Hope i get a response asap
Old 07-14-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAtHeart View Post
So my Fiance finished reception at San Quentin. He is mainlined to Soledad in the past week or last week. Not sure exactly when because I havnt received a letter from him for almost 2 weeks. I found out he was in Soledad when i checked online. Does anyone know how long before he can write me or call me? I havnt gotten anything. I need to know whats up with him. Is there some type of orientation or are they holding him before they house him?? Hope i get a response asap
When they get to soledad they have orientation for like 2 weeks and then he can make phone calls..you can call soledad (records) and they can tell you how much longer he has in orientation. hope this helped.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Exclamation :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spliffy View Post
When they get to soledad they have orientation for like 2 weeks and then he can make phone calls..you can call soledad (records) and they can tell you how much longer he has in orientation. hope this helped.
So during orientation he wont be able to write me either? Where can i put money on my pone for prison calls?
Old 07-15-2013, 05:00 PM

When my boyfriend got to soledad I got a letter within three days telling me he's there. And it took a week and a half and then he called me. Just Google global tell link and it will take you to offenders connect. Set up your phone and for prison, choose California doc.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexissrocksss View Post
When my boyfriend got to soledad I got a letter within three days telling me he's there. And it took a week and a half and then he called me. Just Google global tell link and it will take you to offenders connect. Set up your phone and for prison, choose California doc.
Thank you Still havnt received a letter, His mom got a letter from him today and he said he lost my address. Maybe they didnt let him keep his previous mail? What are they allowed to bring when they are transferred ?
Old 07-18-2013, 06:36 PM

My borfriend has every letter and picture I have sent since county. He came from wasco thOugh and it could be different?
Old 09-18-2013, 02:21 PM

My husband was just transferred to ctf on Monday just wondering how long before he will be able to call me use the phones or have a visit that la in advance.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by togetherwestand View Post
My husband was just transferred to ctf on Monday just wondering how long before he will be able to call me use the phones or have a visit that la in advance.
Hi. Welcome to CTF. Your hubby will be on orientation for up to 14 days. However, CTF is usually pretty quick and the guys are classified and able to use the phones and have visits after a week. However, all of this out of state transfer stuff could make it take longer.

My huibby got there on a Tuesday and he was off orientation the following Wednesday. I don't know what yard your hubby is on, but on North B yard- committee is every Wednesday.

You can have visits, they are just behind the glass while on orientation.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:37 PM

My man just got out of reception and sent to Avenal yesterday. Does anyone know when he will qualify for packages? I looked at a few places online and they said he doesn't qualify for a package Also, I notice there are a lot of food packages, but how do they heat them if they don't have a microwave?
Old 09-19-2013, 08:02 PM

Can someone let me know how the process is when your man is transferred to this prison it's been a week haven't heard from him
Old 09-19-2013, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha32 View Post
My man just got out of reception and sent to Avenal yesterday. Does anyone know when he will qualify for packages? I looked at a few places online and they said he doesn't qualify for a package Also, I notice there are a lot of food packages, but how do they heat them if they don't have a microwave?

Thank you so much
Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Hi. Welcome to CTF. Your hubby will be on orientation for up to 14 days. However, CTF is usually pretty quick and the guys are classified and able to use the phones and have visits after a week. However, all of this out of state transfer stuff could make it take longer.

My huibby got there on a Tuesday and he was off orientation the following Wednesday. I don't know what yard your hubby is on, but on North B yard- committee is every Wednesday.

Thank you so much
Old 09-19-2013, 08:04 PM

I wish I understood the process, but I can tell you my man was just transferred there from reception yesterday and he was able to call me last night
Old 09-19-2013, 08:07 PM

Quote:

I am VERY confused. My man was sent to Avenal yesterday and was able to call me last night. I scheduled a visit using vpass, but heard about this orientation so I called someone at visiting and she told me they don't do "orientation" there and that we can have a contact visit. I don't want to drive all that way for a non contact visit.
Old 09-19-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by misha32 View Post
I am VERY confused. My man was sent to Avenal yesterday and was able to call me last night. I scheduled a visit using vpass, but heard about this orientation so I called someone at visiting and she told me they don't do "orientation" there and that we can have a contact visit. I don't want to drive all that way for a non contact visit.
If he was able to call you then he is not on orientation, so I guess she was right and they don't "do that there." Every prison is different. Go figure. Same system, different rules.
The Following User Says Thank You to comehomesoon For This Useful Post:
Donna May (02-24-2014)