Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:28 PM

Thanked 1,865 Times in 1,071 Posts
Default WSP Marriage/Wedding Q & A

Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Default Wasco reception marriages....

[quote=traviesita;7035513]Questions & Info for getting married - Hello My name is Angela an I ma very very familiar with the state prison system for the most part! As a loved one of an inmate and also being an ex inmate myself in CHOWCHILLA STATE CORRECTIONAL FACILITY FOR WOMEN...I am waiting for my divorce to finalize as my fiance is sitting waiting for CDCR to transfer him to Wasco! I need to know the process as to how we would follow through with our marriage when he is at Wasco? Any info or contact info would be great!
Old 02-04-2013, 11:06 PM
taking a break

I would suggest getting married in county jail as its much easier. When he gets to Wasco he will not be able to get married there, he will be in reception for months. Once he mainlined then he can submit the request. And even then it will drag if his counselor is not on the ball. After the request and approval they will marry inmates only 3 different time frames in most prisons. So it can be almost a year from now that you marry.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:59 AM
taking a break

Also, you would need to be an approved visitor in order to get married. Being that you are an ex felon you might have issues getting approved depending on your charges and how long ago. I suggest getting a print out of all pass arrest and convictions and submit those with your application along with a letter explaining the charges. You might be denied at first then you will have to appeal. It's not always the case as its all case by case.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:41 PM

The process took me 3 months, from the time he requested the packet down to my wedding date. Return your packet Complete and make sure to follow up with your hubbys counselor so he's on it. The counselor will be responsible to push the paperwork. 4 signatures (Counselor, CCII, Facility Cpt) are needed to sign off on the marriage packet. Once those signatures are collected, the Asst warden signs off whether your application is approved or denied. Once approved, you will receive a lettet with your wedding date!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM
Mrs.Sanchez por Vida!

Default getting married at wasco...question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by traviesita View Post
Questions & Info for getting married - Please POST HERE

Hi my fiance and I want to get married possibly while hes at wasco...his drivers license was stolen but since he has an inmate id is that acceptable? I have my id social sec etc...

-Ms Samchez
Old 05-25-2013, 09:22 AM

Hey .. question .. how was the wedding ? Like wat did u get to do or not do? Did u get to spend time after?
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loczrwc View Post
Hey .. question .. how was the wedding ? Like wat did u get to do or not do? Did u get to spend time after?
The ceremony takes place in the visiting room. Its really fast. After the 'I Do's', you have about 15 minutes together to take pictures (with a disposable camera that you bring in. No digitals). It was all kisses, hugs, holding hands from the minute I got in, til I left. If others are scheduled to marry the same day, you all will be in there and each ceremony takes place one after the other. One good thing about that is, you get more time with the hubby til all the ceremonies are over.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsSanchez380 View Post
Hi my fiance and I want to get married possibly while hes at wasco...his drivers license was stolen but since he has an inmate id is that acceptable? I have my id social sec etc...

-Ms Samchez
Sorry, im not sure what they'll need from your fiance. Have him check with his counselor
I know for sure you will need your ID & birth certificate.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo18 For This Useful Post:
MsSanchez380 (06-11-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo18 View Post
The ceremony takes place in the visiting room. Its really fast. After the 'I Do's', you have about 15 minutes together to take pictures (with a disposable camera that you bring in. No digitals). It was all kisses, hugs, holding hands from the minute I got in, til I left. If others are scheduled to marry the same day, you all will be in there and each ceremony takes place one after the other. One good thing about that is, you get more time with the hubby til all the ceremonies are over.
Oh wow .. does he get to wear outside clothes like if I bring him clothes can he wear those and did you apply for family visits after and how long did it take sorry for all the questions also when you had visitors for the wedding what backgrounds do they check cause I know they ask for Social Security numbers thank you we barely just submitted our paperwork so we're trying to see what's going on with that
Old 05-28-2013, 08:49 PM

Smile

Quote:
Oh wow .. does he get to wear outside clothes like if I bring him clothes can he wear those and did you apply for family visits after and how long did it take sorry for all the questions also when you had visitors for the wedding what backgrounds do they check cause I know they ask for Social Security numbers thank you we barely just submitted our paperwork so we're trying to see what's going on with that
No worries. I had lots of questions but i didn't get much help, so I understand. Ask away lol
Unfortunately he can't wear outside clothes so he'll basically be wearing what he wears to visit. We did apply for family visits right after and our first date was scheduled 3months after from our wedding date. As for your wedding guests, they will do the same background check they do for everyone that applies for regular visit.
Just make sure you fill out everything on the marriage packet and send in everything they ask for, so there's no delay. Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 12:10 PM

Smile

Quote:
No worries. I had lots of questions but i didn't get much help, so I understand. Ask away lol
Unfortunately he can't wear outside clothes so he'll basically be wearing what he wears to visit. We did apply for family visits right after and our first date was scheduled 3months after from our wedding date. As for your wedding guests, they will do the same background check they do for everyone that applies for regular visit.
Just make sure you fill out everything on the marriage packet and send in everything they ask for, so there's no delay. Good Luck and Congratulations!!!!
Thanks a bunch for answering my questions lol so I guess we will have to wait a lil longer (: but worth it.. are the fv apartments clean? I'm over hete thinking it's like a ghetto hotel haha hope not .. do we get to go out side like does it have a yard or do we have to be indoors the whole time?
Old 05-31-2013, 01:08 PM

Lol@ghetto hotel. I think theres a video on youtube, if you search 'conjugal visit'. The apartment style
they show is close to what you can expect. Its been clean when I've gone. Believe me, you won't care once you're there with him lol. Outside there's space (size of the patio area), all cement, where you can come out, but you're gated in. You get 2 days with him and that time goes by so quick.
The Following User Says Thank You to Halo18 For This Useful Post:
MsSanchez380 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-04-2013, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Lol@ghetto hotel. I think theres a video on youtube, if you search 'conjugal visit'. The apartment style
they show is close to what you can expect. Its been clean when I've gone. Believe me, you won't care once you're there with him lol. Outside there's space (size of the patio area), all cement, where you can come out, but you're gated in. You get 2 days with him and that time goes by so quick.
Lol that's what comes in mind but yea I'm sure it will go by quick :/ thanks for the help (:
Old 06-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Mrs.Sanchez por Vida!

OMG 2 days with my man in that apartment !! They must have wives walk out crooked with big fat smiles on their face! : ) oh yea!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Ahhh were still waiting to get married.. the counsler called me already n said were waiting onthe other signatures... I wanna have my fv already :/
Old 07-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Ahhh were still waiting to get married.. the counsler called me already n said were waiting onthe other signatures... I wanna have my fv already :/
I know this is a different topic, but does anybody knows if wasco inmates are still participating in the hunger strike.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morazan View Post
I know this is a different topic, but does anybody knows if wasco inmates are still participating in the hunger strike.
No there not its only for one week
Old 07-20-2013, 07:07 PM

Default hunger strike

Quote:
No there not its only for one week
Thank you so much for the information.
I'm glad they are eating again.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morazan View Post
Thank you so much for the information.
I'm glad they are eating again.
No problem. . Wish visits were bk tho :/
Old 09-18-2013, 03:12 PM

so annoyed that I haven't been able to visit my man in almost 3 months and our wedding packet is still in process :\ I wish they would at least let us have our visits back :\
Old 10-16-2013, 09:03 AM

Does anyone have the marriage coordinator number for wasco
Old 05-17-2015, 02:17 PM

Default Family bonding visit

I'm not sure what they are called now but does anyone know of Wasco has the visit where you can spend the night? I think it's more of a family bonding program now
Old 08-15-2015, 11:50 PM

Question What is the name & number for the person in charge of Marriage packets?

Does anyone know the name or number to the person in charge of marriage packets or who else who my fiancé can get a packet from beside the chaplain he's saying he is never there please and thanks
Old 08-16-2015, 12:16 AM

I had issues with the chaplain where my husband is incarcerated as well. After numerous attempts of trying to contact him, I went above him and spoke with the assistant warden. Within 24 hours, my husband was brought into the chaplain's office and handed the marriage packet. We were the first couple to get married in the facility where he is at, but we made it happen on April 2, 2015. If you can't get the assistant warden, keep calling up the chain you will eventually turn over enough stones and irritate enough people you will get our questions answered. Congratulations and good luck!