Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > RHODE ISLAND Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

RHODE ISLAND Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Rhode Island - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, parole, probation, etc.

Old 01-03-2013, 09:44 AM

Default How to report a Parole Officer Lying in Rhode Island?

I need help in getting a parole officer investigated. She lied on 4 tech violations just to get my husband put back into jail when I have the proof showing she lied. She also told the whole parole ofc who he was and to me that is violation of privacy rights. Is there anything I can do this woman does not need to be a parole officer. She laughed and thinks this is funny because hes back in Jail and before he went she told him 3 times in the same meeting for him to go home and tell his kids he will not be with them for Christmas and to plan the holidays with out him. She is completely wrong for doing that. He didn't do anything she said he did and I have the proof showing it. Is there someone I can go to for help? Anyone please with any information let me know. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 09:56 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,852 Times in 16,513 Posts

Was he in RI on Interstate Compact or have his PO's permission to be out-of state?

Quote:
She also told the whole parole ofc who he was and to me that is violation of privacy rights
Sorry, but IMHO it is not a violation of his privacy for her to tell other PO's of the situation.

You can speak with the PO's supervisor, show copies of your proof--that's IF s/he'll even speak to you as you are not the "client." I believe its unwise to speak to the Supervisor at this point as you may unwittingly make things worse. Let the attorney handle it.

He'll have a revocation hearing and any evidence you have should be given to his attorney so he can dispute the violations.

I wish you the best of luck!

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-05-2013), InsomniaCT (04-28-2013)
Old 02-07-2013, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshphish View Post
I need help in getting a parole officer investigated. She lied on 4 tech violations just to get my husband put back into jail when I have the proof showing she lied. She also told the whole parole ofc who he was and to me that is violation of privacy rights. Is there anything I can do this woman does not need to be a parole officer. She laughed and thinks this is funny because hes back in Jail and before he went she told him 3 times in the same meeting for him to go home and tell his kids he will not be with them for Christmas and to plan the holidays with out him. She is completely wrong for doing that. He didn't do anything she said he did and I have the proof showing it. Is there someone I can go to for help? Anyone please with any information let me know. Thanks.

State inspector generals office, plus your state highway patrol criminal investigations unit, give them a call, or drop in. file a criminal complaint.

plus research your state revised code laws for the statute that applies to all your city/state/county employee's regarding their ethic/conduct, like ours ORC 124.34 in ohio. read the first paragraph. your state has one too

also request public records in someone else's name for the PO's diciplinary file

Last edited by scoopster; 02-07-2013 at 02:50 AM..
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 AM

http://books.google.com/books?id=Cpl...office&f=false

http://books.google.com/books?id=JU5...ed=0CEoQ6AEwBA

Last edited by scoopster; 02-07-2013 at 02:52 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshphish View Post
I've had issues with RI Probation and the Courts. If it was me I would start by going to the Public Defenders office and see what they say initially. RI sentenced me for some charges in the late 90's then when I was finishing up a bid in Florida RI charged me with the same thing. John Hardiman (sp?) the head PD at the time made them drop the charges. Court records in RI are a joke - they issue warrants all the time because the paper work is screwed up.

What kind of technical violations are you talking about? Missing a urine test or not getting a job etc?