Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 1 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 1 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Gadsden Re-Entry Center, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex, Holmes CI Jackson CI Jefferson CI Liberty CI NWFRC NWFRC Annex Okaloosa CI Quincy Annex Santa Rosa CI Santa Rosa Annex Wakulla CI Wakulla CI Annex Walton CI

Old 11-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Justin~Dylan~Damian

Smile Need info on Taylor C.I.

Ive read a lot of old posts about Taylor C.I. but does anyone have any recent info about this place..My husband was just sent there last week and any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanx

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria3lynn View Post
Ive read a lot of old posts about Taylor C.I. but does anyone have any recent info about this place..My husband was just sent there last week and any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanx
My husband was transferred to Taylor on 12/13/13. He first went to the annex for about 2 weeks then was transferred to the main unit. Unfortunately I recieved a call last night from him & hes pissed. I dont believe they are properly washing the clothing or bed linens. My husbamd has somehow gotten scabies. Im calling the prison today to find out about this. Thats totally unacceptable. He believes they came from the annex cuz he said that side is horrible. He wasnt let out for rec & only able to go to canteen once a week at most. Now ALL of his clothing & bed linens are going to be "specially" washed & treated. He did receive medication to cure this but that doesn't make it all better. Im actually petitioning to have him transferred to a closer facility for the reentry program. He only has till Aug 17 at the earliest & Oct 24 at the latest. If anyone has info on ways to do this plz let me know. Thank u
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,303 Times in 978 Posts

Unfortunately, the skin bugs you mention are extremely common at DOC camps. Your complaints will go nowhere.

There is no way to get him transferred unless DOC wants to do it. You can't just ask for it. He can send a request to classification to be considered for the re-entry program but it's totally up to them whether they will do it or not and the request will probably not change much.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAN425 View Post
Unfortunately, the skin bugs you mention are extremely common at DOC camps. Your complaints will go nowhere.

There is no way to get him transferred unless DOC wants to do it. You can't just ask for it. He can send a request to classification to be considered for the re-entry program but it's totally up to them whether they will do it or not and the request will probably not change much.
Wow. Thank u for the info. I cant believe the skin bugs are common like that. Thats so gross & seemingly unhygenic. I do know when he 1st went to CFRC & upon arriving to Taylor & speaking with classification there hes requested & submitted interest for re entry. I pray hes approved. I miss him so much
Old 02-05-2014, 09:44 PM

My husband just got sent to Taylor C.I and im new to this website in general..is there any information or forums on carpooling?? i live in pinellas county and wouldn't mind splitting costs with people in my situation to go visit my husband.Thank You
Old 02-08-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshill2013 View Post
My husband just got sent to Taylor C.I and im new to this website in general..is there any information or forums on carpooling?? i live in pinellas county and wouldn't mind splitting costs with people in my situation to go visit my husband.Thank You
My husband is also in Taylor. I would LOVE to be able to see him & split any and all costs of going up. Please get back with me asap. Thank u
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Account Closed

There is a thread started about car pooling. I just recently moved back down to orlando and the trips alone are expensive. So I'm gonna try to find the carpooling thread and see if I can get it worked out to go see my baby more now that I'm not in Tennessee and more.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:41 AM

Quote:
my husband had just left there a month ago. He had been there ever since 2011. I went and visited him in 2013. Taylor is rough no lie from what my hubby has told me. Visitation isnt bad at all. Was laid back when I went and the ladies was really nice and was telling me what I needed to do since it was my first time visiting. the CO's at check in was nice but the second day I had problems because they said my jeans was too tight so I had to change like 3 times.. :/ but other than that it was nice.

any particular info you are looking for?!
The Following User Says Thank You to HisChevyBabe For This Useful Post:
xolady (07-12-2014)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:37 PM

Default Taylor a nightmare

LO recently transferred to Taylor work camp. Shifted back to the annex when he got a DR. No toilet paper for 10 days in confinement, had to rip a sheet to use and the beds were covered in fire ants. Got another DR while in confinement so he is back there for another 30 days. Cellie got scabbies so both had to be treated. Big issues with laundry not being done. LO said work camp very petty a and bitchy.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Still Believe

Default Taylor - Perry, FL

Quote:
Hi - My son has been at Taylor since 2011 - he has been in the Work Camp the entire time, so I can only speak of that. He is being released to Re-entry in the next 2 - 3 weeks and then he is finished with his sentence next October 2016. I used to visit him once a week or once every other week in the beginning, but then I had a stroke and I have not seen him in over 2 years. In any case, he never had any real problems. Learned to keep to himself. But there were a couple of times when he was sort of in trouble because of something that happened in his block, or he was in the area wherever the offense (someone had cigarettes or a cell phone) took place. Then he was transferred to the Annex for a bit until it was straightened out. He never really complained about anything - other than the past couple of months because he was actually approved for pre-work release last year, but it never went through. When I would get to visit him - the guards were really nice. But then again, that is when I was there - I'm sure it is definitely different when the visitors aren't there. One of his friends went to visit him about 6 months ago and she was turned away because her shirt was too low. So she went to the store in town and bought another shirt (she wasn't about to drive 2-1/2 hours home to get a new shirt). They definitely stick by the rules. The other thing is that I'm his mother - so again, I'm sure there are things he doesn't tell me that he would tell a friend.

Getting medical appointments are tough. Probably will be over what is wrong before you actually get to see a doctor.

I know this probably isn't much help. But basically it is just to get through the sentence. Not to bring attention to yourself. I've called a few times over the years to ask questions - like not hearing from him for a while (especially since he called at least twice a week) and I was checking on the phones. They seem to go down a lot and there are only 1 -2 phones for each group. They were really good about telling me that. Also they would let me know if he had gotten in trouble and was not allowed to contact us.

No sure how long yours will be there, but my son got involved with the dog training and then got his Certificate in Water Treatment and since then I believe he got his Water Operator license. So he kept busy. He works everyday - can't leave the facility, but at least it keeps him busy.

It could be worse - He heard stories from other facilities and decided against requesting a transfer a few times. Other than being in prison - he has managed to make it through the entire time.

I noticed that you are from Flagler. That is where Sean is from and where he was sentenced. I'll bet they probably know each other.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I'm better at specifics. I've had to call Tallahassee with questions a few times and other than having a bit of a problem finding the right person to talk to, they were really helpful. I always made sure Sean knew I was calling and what I was calling about because there were times he didn't want me to call because it only made it "worse" for him.

That's it. Again, let me know if you need something definite and I can probably help you with it.

Hang in there - it does come to an end.

Linda
Old 11-19-2018, 08:15 AM
Donation Award 

What website would I use to get a care package to Taylor CI?
Old 11-19-2018, 01:19 PM
beautifully flawed
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbern99 View Post
What website would I use to get a care package to Taylor CI?

from my understanding FDOC no longer allows care packages unless at very specific facilities. I looked on the FDOC website and nothing was listed. looks like only the jails

https://www.accesscatalog.com/shop/i...?ProgramID=570

https://www.accesscatalog.com/index.html?State=FL

heres to the new me, she deserves better than what the old me has allowed..

The Following User Says Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
newbern99 (11-19-2018)