Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oklahoma Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oklahoma should be posted here.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:50 AM

Question My husband's parole time is WAAAY off.

Okay so my husband has a sentence of 4 years in a facility, and 6 years out on probation at 33%. He was in a county jail for 14 months before he was moved to the A&R in Lexington then a week later he was moved to the Oklahoma State Reformatory in Granite,OK. His parole is supposed to be coming up in July but the case manager said in the computer his parole date is about 2 years after his discharge date. I'm so confused when is he supposed to come home? He was only supposed to do 33% but they kept him in county so long. Then I told him while he was there sign up for jobs,classes anything to give "good time". He told me theres nothing open.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 10:29 AM

I don't know the specifics to OK, but most programs/classes/jobs are full in most prisons and are pretty hard to come by (usually long wait lists, or you have to "know" someone to get a good job, etc)..

If you and he believe that his jail credit was not properly deducted from his total sentence, you husband will need to speak with records.. They will be able to let him know how much time was credited.. Then you and he will be able to argue the time that he is missing.. He may be able to get some assistance from his counselor or case manager too..
Old 05-16-2014, 09:26 PM

I know that they are to do a 1/3 of the sentence before they can come up for parole. I would check his jail time credits. Here is some useful information to determine his discharge date: 1. Jail Time
57 O.S. 138, provides that all offenders sentenced to the Department of Corrections to a term of incarceration are entitled to have deducted from their sentence the number of days spent in the county jail under the same case number. If court ordered, time spent in a state mental institution for evaluation of competency is also applied as a sentence reduction credit. A judge may specifically order that an inmate not receive jail time credits.
2. Deferred Reception Credits
Effective September 1, 1993, 57 O.S. 138 provides that offenders sentenced to imprisonment in the Department of Corrections, but detained in the county jail because of the department’s reception scheduling procedure, will be awarded earned credits at the rate of Class Level 2 beginning the date of the judgment and sentence to the day of reception. The amount of credit will be determined by multiplying the number of days by .73.
B. Earned Credit Classes
Effective November 1, 1988, 57 O.S. 138 provides that every inmate will be assigned to one of four class levels. The class levels and their corresponding credits are as follows:
Class Level 1 - 0 credits per month
Class Level 2 - 22 credits per month
Class Level 3 - 33 credits per month
Class Level 4 - 44 credits per month
Enhanced Class Level 3 - 45 credits per month
Enhanced Class Level 4 - 60 credits per month
Good luck to you. Try to get in touch with his case manager to confirm that the jail credits were received.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Donation Award 

I agree, I'd call the case manager, BE NICE, listen to what they say, and get them to explain. If it's wrong and you don't agree, call Ms Cooper at DOC , she'll get it right. Just hang in there it will be OK !
It took a year for my son to get in a class, there's a lot of them waiting.

Last edited by mssirois2u; 05-17-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Old 06-02-2014, 01:54 PM

Thank you guys!

He was only supposed to do 33% of his sentence, and he's not getting parole he said and they had to get a parole invistagator to look at it. Waited for them to check it out, and they said they're not going to fix the error. I'm going to try to get ahold of the case manager and see where the error lies.
Old 09-15-2014, 04:03 PM

Well my husband got in contact with a parole invistigator, and they said yes I see where your time is incorrect, and they told him they would put him on the jacket for September or October. I called Granite and the parole invistigator that they sent me to did not answer. So I called her 3 days in a row, and left voicemails and she called me back today and left me a voicemail stating that my husband did not have enough time to make parole and she had already told him that. Someone earlier in my post had said to call DOC and talk to a Ms.Cooper, but I dont know her first name. I just want my husband home..I want to get his time corrected..