Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Parole, Probation, Halfway House and Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service in Massachusetts should be posted here.

Old 05-19-2015, 04:29 PM

Question Info on Worcester House?

Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and was hoping there was someone here that has some info on Worcester County Jail. My bf has been there since the beginning of this month and I have yet to hear from him, even after I sent him a letter with some money. Does anyone know when they can order canteen? I recently put money on the phone but I have no way of telling him he can call. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2015, 04:54 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,881 Times in 16,526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneM View Post
Hey Everyone,

I'm new here and was hoping there was someone here that has some info on Worcester County Jail. My bf has been there since the beginning of this month and I have yet to hear from him, even after I sent him a letter with some money. Does anyone know when they can order canteen? I recently put money on the phone but I have no way of telling him he can call. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!
Did you put money in with his letter? I hope not Here is some info on sending money, phone calls etc:

http://worcestercountysheriff.com/fa...l-funds-phone/

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 05-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,892 Times in 865 Posts

When my LO was in the Plymouth House he got one free phone call and we let him know we had put money on his phone account and in his commissary. I know it's a different facility but since we are in the same state I thought they may have similar rules.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 PM

Thank you for the quick replies. I've noticed some posts go months without an answer so it's nice to hear SOMETHING, even if it's not everything I need to know. Support is invaluable at this time.
I did not send actual money, I'm actually well acquainted with the jail's website as I've read just about everything on it looking for answers. I was actually a little surprised they specified it had to be a USPS money order but I'm glad I checked as I would have certainly bought it someplace cheaper.
I don't know about the free phone call thing. I've always heard about that being given at the police station but not after getting to the actual jail. I'm sure they would have let him by now though as it's been several weeks. I'm tempted to call the jail but I doubt they'd get a message to him.
Out of ideas atm
The Following User Says Thank You to LynneM For This Useful Post:
shs76 (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynneM View Post
Thank you for the quick replies. I've noticed some posts go months without an answer so it's nice to hear SOMETHING, even if it's not everything I need to know. Support is invaluable at this time.
I did not send actual money, I'm actually well acquainted with the jail's website as I've read just about everything on it looking for answers. I was actually a little surprised they specified it had to be a USPS money order but I'm glad I checked as I would have certainly bought it someplace cheaper.
I don't know about the free phone call thing. I've always heard about that being given at the police station but not after getting to the actual jail. I'm sure they would have let him by now though as it's been several weeks. I'm tempted to call the jail but I doubt they'd get a message to him.
Out of ideas atm
Could you just call the jail and ask them what the process is? Maybe he doesn't have access to a phone yet, depending on how long he has been there. The only jail I have experience with is Middleton, but again, different jail, different rules. Of course, Mass DOC facilities are operated totally different.

If he goes upstate, then they accept any type of money order. They post within a couple of days as long as the money order is for $199 or less. Anything $200 and above is held for clearing before being posted to their account. Too much fraud apparently.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:02 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,892 Times in 865 Posts

Call the jail. It can't hurt. When they took my LO his lawyers didn't even know where he was. They told me to call every facility I could think of and ask if he was there. If there is a church outreach or active chaplain associated with the place they may be able to get a message thru.
The Following User Says Thank You to shs76 For This Useful Post:
LynneM (05-20-2015)
Old 05-20-2015, 03:03 PM

Thank you, that's something I hadn't thought of. For some reason its so much harder to get info on the county facilities as opposed to the state DOC ones.
Nothing in the mail again today so this is starting to get a little disheartening
I'm contemplating what I would actually say when I called in. Their willingness to help can vary greatly depending on how you sound, what you say and how you say it (and many times who you speak to). But I think I'm going to look into the outreach route 1st. Wish me luck and thanks again for all your help!
The Following User Says Thank You to LynneM For This Useful Post:
shs76 (05-20-2015)