Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 08-25-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvalliant View Post

PERIOD (sorry for the capitalization).

Hm, there is no need to apologize, and I did not mean to imply so. I meant to point out forum and online conversational etiquette, as well as the difficulty in reading a giant paragraph consisting entirely of all caps. The message can get lost in the noise.

Your concerns mirror my own, by the way. I also vehemently disagree with the way CDCR is going about this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oanna For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (08-25-2018), Sarianna (08-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2018, 06:57 PM

Hello all. Regarding the integrating of the yards. RJD is integrating Level 3 yards. LOTS of violence, stabbings, etc once the new guys are put on the yard. Where do we voice are concerns to? My husband just wants to finish his time (done 9 years, only months left) without being in fear for his life. I know many, many family members and friends are concerned about this. Has anyone written anyone regarding it? And if so, have you received any feedback? Thank you for your time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missingmybrat For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (09-10-2018), gvalliant (09-10-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmybrat View Post
Hello all. Regarding the integrating of the yards. RJD is integrating Level 3 yards. LOTS of violence, stabbings, etc once the new guys are put on the yard. Where do we voice are concerns to? My husband just wants to finish his time (done 9 years, only months left) without being in fear for his life. I know many, many family members and friends are concerned about this. Has anyone written anyone regarding it? And if so, have you received any feedback? Thank you for your time.

Prisonlaw is accepting information regarding problems with integration. I'd link it but I do not have enough posts to add URLs to my messages. Miamac has posted information on where to send your reports in this thread.

Would you happen to know if any reports are being generated on the violence that we can peruse? News on integration is very scarce, and hard data even moreso.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oanna For This Useful Post:
gvalliant (09-10-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 10:05 AM

Thanked 1,542 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oanna View Post
Prisonlaw is accepting information regarding problems with integration. I'd link it but I do not have enough posts to add URLs to my messages. Miamac has posted information on where to send your reports in this thread.

Would you happen to know if any reports are being generated on the violence that we can peruse? News on integration is very scarce, and hard data even moreso.
From their flyer - address and email to send to:

Prison Law Office
General Delivery
San Quentin, CA 94964

OFFICE@PRISONLAW.COM
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gvalliant For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-02-2018), miamac (09-10-2018), Sarianna (09-11-2018)
Old 09-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Quote:

Are they doing this on B or C yard? We have a friend down there but havent heard from him in a bit...Thanks...
Old 09-10-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Hello all. Regarding the integrating of the yards. RJD is integrating Level 3 yards. LOTS of violence, stabbings, etc once the new guys are put on the yard. Where do we voice are concerns to? My husband just wants to finish his time (done 19 years, only months left) without being in fear for his life. I know many, many family members and friends are concerned about this. Has anyone written anyone regarding it? And if so, have you received any feedback? Thank you for your time.
CORRECTION: my husband has done 19 years, not 9, and is extremely worried that something bad will happen now that he has only months to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to missingmybrat For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (09-10-2018)
Old 09-20-2018, 09:23 PM

Default Non-Designated Programming Yard?

My brother is getting ready to be transferred to CRC to the non-designated programming yard. Does anyone know what yard it is? Also, are there any problems so far between mainline & SNY merged together?
Old 09-24-2018, 12:49 AM
No Matter what

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunniegurl07 View Post
My brother is getting ready to be transferred to CRC to the non-designated programming yard. Does anyone know what yard it is? Also, are there any problems so far between mainline & SNY merged together?
D yard is sny so it must be a or B or C those are all G yards. I herd that in October the change was going to possibly happen. My husband was at CRC

Old 09-30-2018, 07:16 PM
Till Death Do Us Part

Do any of you know if this will also come into effect on the visiting. Will visits be integrated as well. Will GP and SNY have visiting together.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:10 PM

Thanked 1,542 Times in 637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRomeroFlores View Post
Do any of you know if this will also come into effect on the visiting. Will visits be integrated as well. Will GP and SNY have visiting together.
Good question. CHCF which has been integrated more than a year does have integrated visiting. For first few months they kept visits separated, then transitioned.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:12 AM

Default All Bad

I just found out the other day from a loved one that is on the Level 4 yard at CCI that one of his friends requested to get a copy of his chrono which at one time said “He was not supposed to be housed around any active white gang members and now that is completely gone from his crono paperwork that CDCR has. I loved one situation is not as bad as this other person so we can only imagine what it says on his paperwork now!

I hate to say this but it sounds to me like California/ Governors way of reducing prison population almost sounds like Hitler’s Ways?!?

So far at CCI I believe they’ve only integrated on the level one and 2 yard and there has been violence and stabbings since then. But of course the CDCR is not going to tell us that. Has anyone else watch the YouTube video regarding this matter from the secretary of CDCR that has now retired ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Woodys#1Lady For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (10-05-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 08:25 PM
His official girl.

My husband is on a level 3, sny honor building, at Pleasant Valley and they brought in gp level 1 and 2's, let them out on the level 3 yard while the guys were still on orientation ... and there was a riot. My husband got a write-up. How is this fair?
Old 10-08-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
My husband is on a level 3, sny honor building, at Pleasant Valley and they brought in gp level 1 and 2's, let them out on the level 3 yard while the guys were still on orientation ... and there was a riot. My husband got a write-up. How is this fair?
Wow. I mean im not ACTUALLY shocked that the cdcr would DO something like that- but they would never ADMIT to it. This is exactly the kind of bullshit that im worried about. It's NOT fair- its completely FUCKED UP if you ask me- and the only answer you're gonna get from anyone as to what you can DO about it? They're gonna tell you to "write a letter" telling about said situation that "involved your loved one" to the PLO (Prison Law Office). And, APPARENTLY, once they get enough "siruatuons" together THEN they can address it- or some shit like that. Its ridiculous! Im just thinking- REALLY?? So what in like a couple YEARS then MAYBE theyll have to re- look at the situation?? But in the meantime, OUR loved ones are just fucked! No matter WHICH side of the fence they are on (whether they are SNY or on an active yard)- theyll ALREADY have been hurt or killed or caught a whole new case that adds YEARS to their time- by then! But "dont worry and write a letter" is what im supoosed to do right? Smfh. Its a fucking JOKE. And i guess we all just get to wait around until it hits OUR loved ones yards and hope for the best
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
crystalvisions (10-08-2018), faraboverubies (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 09:08 PM

Hugs everyone. This is so hard
Old 10-08-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalvisions View Post
Hugs everyone. This is so hard
Hugs to you as well. Losing sleep over this issue. My husband’s yard hasn’t been integrated yet, but I still hate what’s going on. I hope many people will show up in Sacramento on Nov 2nd (CDCR Headquarters) 12pm.🙏🏽
crystalvisions (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 09:18 PM

I'm sorry you are suffering with worry. Mine might be coming back to CA from an out of state prison soon as per committee meeting today. I have to research the 2 possible prisons they told him to see how its all going there. We all have to worry enough as it is and this integration has just done me in.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
First, I’m sorry that your husband received a write up. This integration is barbaric and inhuman on CDCR’s part. May i ask when the riot happened and are they still on lockdown? Do you know if the cells are individually integrated? Just gathering as much information as possible. My husband’s yard/Prison hasn’t been integrated yet.

I pray for everyone.

✅Peaceful rally against Integration at CDCR Headquarters on 11/2/18 @ 12noon. We need to show up in numbers. Hope you all are able to attend.
faraboverubies (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 09:38 PM

Where can i get more info on the protest?
Old 10-08-2018, 10:39 PM
His official girl.

Memo from PLO July/September 2018:

"Generally, our understanding is that CDCR is only making certain prisons, certain yards, and in some places certain buildings into non-designated programming locations. The priority appears to be on EOP buildings, healthcare housing, firehouses, camps, Level 1 (both secure and MSF), and some Level 2s."

"According to the latest schedule we have from CDCR regarding MSFs,
Corcoran, Chuckawalla Valley, Ironwood, CSP-Sacramento, Mule Creek, North Kern, and Wasco have become non-designated, with DVI, Folsom, Salinas Valley, Lancaster, Kern Valley, Pleasant Valley, Centinela, Calipatria, High Desert, and Pelican Bay scheduled to make the transition by the end of August 2018."

"Levels III and IV
For Level III, Current CDCR plans schedule only the CMC Facilities A, B, and C to become non-designated, in November 2018. No other plans regarding Level III or IV prisons are known at the present time."

That being said, they are transferring lower level inmates and temporarily housing the GP 1 and 2's in the level 3 honor building at PV. There have been several incidents already. One other riot weeks ago and several attacks on staff and inmates.

The guards let the GP guys out to get their laundry during yard time and a riot broke out. I know that an ambulance was called.

Aside from the integration, isn't it a safety issue to mix 1 and 2's with 3's or are we not doing that anymore either? My husband is actually a level 4 on a behavioral override to a 3.
The Following User Says Thank You to faraboverubies For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 12:19 AM

California Family members of incarcerated men: WE ARE IN A STATE OF EMERGENCY. The prison yard integration is in full swing. Please, I ask those of you who are willing, let us come together to rally against this barbaric plan to integratethese two yards. It doesn’t matter what Yard your loved one is on, doesn’t matter what race we are, we have one thing in common and that’s the love for our child, husband, brother, boyfriend.
PEACEFUL RALLY AT CDCR HEADQUARTERS. SACRAMENTO. November 2, 2018 @ 12 pm.
I urge everyone to participate. �������� Prayers to us all!
The Following User Says Thank You to MISSING MY GUYS For This Useful Post:
sugey213 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 02:51 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,078 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
It's NOT fair- its completely FUCKED UP if you ask me- and the only answer you're gonna get from anyone as to what you can DO about it? They're gonna tell you to "write a letter" telling about said situation that "involved your loved one" to the PLO (Prison Law Office). And, APPARENTLY, once they get enough "siruatuons" together THEN they can address it- or some shit like that. Its ridiculous! Im just thinking- REALLY??
Forgive me if I am reading this wrong but.... If you are directing your anger and frustration to the people trying to distribute information about PLO here in this thread, then may I kindly remind you that we are all in the same boat here -- members and Moderators, people who have contributed to this thread and providing you contact details to PLO -- we are all trying to find ways to help our loved ones, we are in the same team. If you or anyone knows additional ways to try and improve the situation, please feel free to share - but it is not constructive to criticise the fact that we're trying to suggest people contact PLO...as sad as it is, currently they might just be our only hope and why would we not try every possible avenue of hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
Oanna (10-10-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarianna View Post
Forgive me if I am reading this wrong but.... If you are directing your anger and frustration to the people trying to distribute information about PLO here in this thread, then may I kindly remind you that we are all in the same boat here -- members and Moderators, people who have contributed to this thread and providing you contact details to PLO -- we are all trying to find ways to help our loved ones, we are in the same team. If you or anyone knows additional ways to try and improve the situation, please feel free to share - but it is not constructive to criticise the fact that we're trying to suggest people contact PLO...as sad as it is, currently they might just be our only hope and why would we not try every possible avenue of hope.
I see how my post could ve came off like that- i apologize if anyone took it like that- i honestly DIDNT mean for it to sound directed towards the PLO or anyone helping them, to help us. I know that the PLO are on the same side as we are and i appreciate everyone that is involved with them. My anger and frustration is 100% directed towards the CDCR and the way that they are putting so many of the inmates' LIVES and FREEDOM POTENTIAL at risk KNOWINGLY with this integration bullshit- and STEADILY telling straight up LIES about HOW and WHAT is REALLY going on behind the prison walls to the news and/or the public. Im also EXTREMELY frustrated at the fact that the ONLY thing that can be done to try and help our loved ones with the whole situation is to write a letter....i KNOW that is not the CHOICE of anyone involved with the PLO- and i believe that they are doing as much as they possibly CAN to help the situation within their legal rights or whatever. Like i get that- i honestly do. Its not the PLO's fault that they cant do more than that. I just wish they COULD. I feel like there should be SOMEBODY or SOME ORGANIZATION that should have enough pull to be able to call out the CDCR on this and hold them accountable for their actions! Like RIGHT NOW- not 5 years down the road when its WAY too late. I mean, this is America not some third world countr my- this shouldn't be happening the way it is here- you know what i mean? THATS where the bulk of my frustration lies. I feel helpless to be able to help my husband right now- like im just sitting there watching him about to get JUMPED by 10 dudes and im super-glued to a wall so i cant run and try to help him- i just get to sit and watch it happen
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JessesGirl2022 For This Useful Post:
marie8899 (12-02-2018), Sarianna (10-09-2018), sidewalker (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:16 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,287 Times in 15,621 Posts

Its the only thing we can do. Write letters. I know, it sounds lame but in reality its all we can do.
CDCr has become even more powerful. They do what they want.
At least prior we had some comfort in knowing that the feds were watching some of the medical crap going on, but I think thats done now. (not sure)
Its just very frustrating.
And hard to accept we cant really do much.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:21 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,793 Times in 2,078 Posts

Thanks for clearing that up, JessesGirl2022. I totally share your frustration towards CDCR, my fiancé is on a non-designated yard and has not escaped incident-free...I am glad he's not hurt (yet).

The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
JessesGirl2022 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessesGirl2022 View Post
Where can i get more info on the protest?
I do not know how to upload the flier but you can join the Facebook group titled NonDPF Cainmates. There are other Facebook groups for wives, girlfriends and loved ones of the incarcerated. There are groups pertaining to individual prisons as well.
Peaceful rally
November 2, 2018
CDCR Headquarters in Sacramento
12pm
I don’t know if I am allowed to leave an email address.

Last edited by MISSING MY GUYS; 10-10-2018 at 01:07 AM.. Reason: Add more information