Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

IOWA Prison & Criminal Justice Discussions Topics and conversations dealing with the State of Iowa - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, visitation, mail, etc.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:28 PM

Question Rock Well City, IA phone system

Hi i remember reading last week on here that Rock Well City phone system has been updated, and calls weren't coming through. My LO is in Rock Well and he has been trying to call me since Saturday it isn't going through. Please help.... Thannk you
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2017, 07:03 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmdekon View Post
Hi i remember reading last week on here that Rock Well City phone system has been updated, and calls weren't coming through. My LO is in Rock Well and he has been trying to call me since Saturday it isn't going through. Please help.... Thannk you
Hi! Yes I was having the same issue with my man and him calling. I wound up calling the main number at the jail and telling the person that answered that my LO had been trying to call but the calls were not coming thru on my end. He transferred me to their IT person. I left a message with the issue and my contact information. The gentleman called me back a couple of hours later, I believe his name was Dave or Doug, Iím sorry I canít remember which. I explainedmy problem again he asked me if I had service through Sprint. I told him yes he put me on hold for like a minute he came back and said the problem should be fixed. He explained that Sprint was not made aware of the upgrade so they werenít recognizing the phone calls. I then sent an Omail to my LO and let him know that the call should come through... he tried to call about an hour later in it worked and we have not had any problems since then. I would contact the facility and let them know whatís going on. Hope this helps!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:09 PM

Yes you definitely helped me. I also spoke with an IT guy from Rockwell City today and finally it is fixed!!!
Old 10-04-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Yes you definitely helped me. I also spoke with an IT guy from Rockwell City today and finally it is fixed!!!
Yey!!! So happy itís fixed!!!! Iím going up there Friday morning to see my LO. Super nervous, scared, excited and everything in between!!!! Been 7 years since weíve been Face-to-Face!
Old 10-04-2017, 01:27 PM

Seven years???? Girl i would be scared to death!!!! I am excited for you, please let me know how it went...
I haven't seen mine in 9 month's i am waiting for the approval as we speak if i can visit.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:42 PM

My approval took about 3 weeks! I hope you hear soon and I will def let you know how it goes!!!! I’m trying to let excitement outweigh my fear... lol!!!
Old 10-06-2017, 07:02 PM

Hi i am excited to hear how you're visit went today? And curious how the prison in Rockwell looks? From what i have researched Rockwell is the best institute in Iowa. Anyway when you get a moment please let me know how it went for you?? I am Tracy by the way.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Hi i am excited to hear how you're visit went today? And curious how the prison in Rockwell looks? From what i have researched Rockwell is the best institute in Iowa. Anyway when you get a moment please let me know how it went for you?? I am Tracy by the way.
Hi Tracy, Iím Tione! My visit was AMAZING! Once the nerves settled it was just like old times. The prison is a very old villa like place. The look and architecture of the outside is actually very pretty. The visiting room is really small but the chairs were comfy (visits are 3 hours long). Pretty good food that you can buy. The COís that weíre in the visiting room were really cool and laid back. We had extra long hug and kiss at the beginning and end and the COís didnít care. Oh and we got our picture taken too. It was a really good visit. The only thing I didnít like was the drive. Lol!
Old 10-13-2017, 07:46 PM

Hi Tracy!!! How ya holding up? Any word on your approval for visitation? I went up last Friday and again on Monday and will be going again next Friday. After 20 years apart and 7 since the last time we saw each other face to face, I can not get enough! I plan on going whenever I can before the snow flies... I hate driving in that mess. Once it does snow I think I will hitch a ride with his dad. I donít think I can go too long not seeing him now that we have opened the door. I hope all is well with you!!!