Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 04-17-2009, 08:56 AM

Default Common law question PERS 530 Form? Garza West Prison Unit - TX

Ok, rec'd a letter from my husband who says that they told him that i needed to fill out a declaration of informal marriage, get it notarized and then to mail it back. Went to the county clerks office and they said there is no such form. Called to garza west and spoke to someone in the office. I asked her what they would accept as proof for common law marriage. She said there was nothing i could do, but that he needed to request for a PERS 530 form and mail it to me, i fill it out then send it back. So my question is, has anyone else had to do this, or anybody have any idea what a PERS 530 form is. Seems like me and my husband are getting different info. I found the common law affadavit on line here but sounds like they won't accept this form from me, think i should try anyway?

Last edited by mamajmg; 05-16-2009 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: Title
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2009, 08:59 AM

Sorry messed up on the title, didn't know how to fix it should read PERS 530?????
Old 05-16-2009, 05:23 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,161 Times in 731 Posts

I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to your question. If you have not solved the issues please let me know!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 05-17-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamajmg View Post
I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to your question. If you have not solved the issues please let me know!

Been Resolved, Thanks
Old 06-01-2010, 10:43 AM

Default Pers 530

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK7926 View Post
Ok, rec'd a letter from my husband who says that they told him that i needed to fill out a declaration of informal marriage, get it notarized and then to mail it back. Went to the county clerks office and they said there is no such form. Called to garza west and spoke to someone in the office. I asked her what they would accept as proof for common law marriage. She said there was nothing i could do, but that he needed to request for a PERS 530 form and mail it to me, i fill it out then send it back. So my question is, has anyone else had to do this, or anybody have any idea what a PERS 530 form is. Seems like me and my husband are getting different info. I found the common law affadavit on line here but sounds like they won't accept this form from me, think i should try anyway?

I am filling out one now. My husband send it to me to fill out, get it notarized and send back to him. Have your husband mail you one that way you know you have the right form that they will approve. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2019, 03:41 PM
Quepaso

Default Pets 540

Hi, you prob don’t remember but... on form 530, it’s confusing. On page 1, at the bottom, it has spouses info. Then at the top of page 2, it has spouses info. Then notarized at the bottom of page 2. On page 1, should the spouses info be the person filling out the form and having signature notarized? If it had “affiant info” or “your info” it would be easier to understand.
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantingwolf View Post
I am filling out one now. My husband send it to me to fill out, get it notarized and send back to him. Have your husband mail you one that way you know you have the right form that they will approve. Good luck.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:39 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,661 Times in 1,496 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quepaso View Post
Hi, you prob don’t remember but... on form 530, it’s confusing. On page 1, at the bottom, it has spouses info. Then at the top of page 2, it has spouses info. Then notarized at the bottom of page 2. On page 1, should the spouses info be the person filling out the form and having signature notarized? If it had “affiant info” or “your info” it would be easier to understand.
Thank you!
When you reply to a thread Quepaso, it's best to look in the upper left hand corner to see how old it is. This particular thread is 10 years old. No one has responded in several years. It's easy to do because I've done myself. For the sake of interacting with members that are currently active on PTO, you could start a thread yourself or look for one that is ongoing.
Quepaso (10-18-2019)