Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 AM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

The officers are laid back no one has given me any trouble it depends on the visitors attitude as well
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2010, 12:28 AM
missin my babe so much

Yea we are still at Everglades

Old 09-14-2010, 05:59 AM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

Love baby have you contacted anyone about the existant problems and how long have these problems been existing. and i love the background for the pictures yet whats up with the pose control i cant take a picture snuggled close to my husband ugh smh ='{
Old 09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

How long has your love one been at everglades ci eleven days the vp is laid back thank god king is at the end of his sentence its almost over now
Old 09-15-2010, 09:30 PM
missin my babe so much

I just recently started visiting there and have voice my opinon. The whole pix thing, that's something new. We went to take a pix hugging each other not that long ago and the camera guy says u guys look so cute and I really want u guys to have a pix like this but if they see it they will take it & we were like WTH. Then him and his son every pix I have of just them 2 from ECI they are both squatting, his son is only 5, and now they can't squat no more. I think that's pretty stupid, but of course it DOC!

Old 09-15-2010, 09:35 PM
missin my babe so much

I think the end of Dec. will be a year, but I didn't get to visit til March, U'm pretty familiar with the camp now. Thx

Old 09-17-2010, 06:38 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

Yea king just got there it wont be much longer e.c.i is laid back as far as the visiting park is concerned no tight clothing no see through clothing you can wear open toe shoes i like the fact that there is a canteen window and vending machines i just want him to be home safe and sound
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

=love baby yea the whole pix thing is out of pocket such a pretty background yet the men cant squat you can hug close you cant point at each other and you cant even do a peace sign could they be more controlling. they said the warden is from the panhandle and he's running the way they did it in the p.h wow
Old 09-17-2010, 07:08 PM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaswife2b View Post
Yea king just got there it wont be much longer e.c.i is laid back as far as the visiting park is concerned no tight clothing no see through clothing you can wear open toe shoes i like the fact that there is a canteen window and vending machines i just want him to be home safe and sound
Yea for the most part visiting can be pretty laid back but forget about it...if someone IMPORTANT is there, they can make it very difficult. Just like doing recount after regular count. I don't like how they make us take pix. But for the most part I can't complain.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:12 PM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallaswife2b View Post
=love baby yea the whole pix thing is out of pocket such a pretty background yet the men cant squat you can hug close you cant point at each other and you cant even do a peace sign could they be more controlling. they said the warden is from the panhandle and he's running the way they did it in the p.h wow
Not the warden but the but the one that is under the warden and ass. warden. He's from ACI and even the guards complain about him and the way he's running the camp. Some lady camp from the state and told the warden that he needs to get control over his camp, how he shouldn't let someone else come in and change things the way this guy has tried. At one point this new guy tried throwing guys in the box for smoking during count, and if they were out of line. Seriously u don't have better things to do. But I know those that it has happened to were released from the box with no DR or anything, that's how petie it was.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

=love baby some ppl are in position of power but indeed cant handle it and go on power play mode
Old 09-17-2010, 11:31 PM
thug.lyf3_wife4lyf3

=love baby your right about that at other institutions we knew once we saw ms villacorta the big ppl were to follow and its a trip how everyone would scramble around in fear and nervousness especially the white shirts lol
Old 10-05-2010, 01:17 PM

does anyone know of clean economical lodging near prison? we are coming quite a distance to visit our son.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:15 PM
missin my babe so much

There's actually a hotel 2 min. from the camp. I think it's the Mikasukki, I don't know how to spell it but the how it sounds LOL.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:51 PM

Default love baby

thanks, i think that is where we will stay.

farabeeoaks
Old 11-11-2010, 07:06 AM
User

Default Everglades Correctional/Where are you?/How far do you travel for visit?

I wanted to see if there's anyone who's loved one is incarcerated at Everglades Correctional Institution in Miami-Dade?

And if not where are your loved ones at? And how far do you travel to visit?
Old 11-11-2010, 07:54 AM
User

Default ANY info on Everglades C.I. PLEASE!!

My fiancé was just transferred to Everglades Correctional. I know nothing about it aside from what I read on their website. He's been in our county jail for a year waiting and I know it's a poorly run, corrupt jail. So I'm wondering if I'm going to experience similar problems with Visos, mail, canteen money, etc.

Also, they've made a big mistake with his release date. He was given credit for time served when he plead out, but ECI says they have no record of time served (which according to the clerk of courts here is 7 months 22 days) What do I do about that???

Anything insight/answers would be soo appreciated!!
Old 11-12-2010, 06:24 PM
User

Default Everglades C.I.

I originally posted this in the Region IV sub forum but haven't gotten any replies so hopefully I'll get some here lol!

I'm wondering who, if any one, has someone at Everglades C.I. and if they can tell me anything about it? What to expect? Rules? Anything would be helpful please?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:58 PM
missin my babe so much

As far as his gaintime, that u would have to take up with Tally. As far as viso, it's pretty laid back for the most part except they can be pretty picky and petti with the dress code, but absolutly NO TIGHT PANTS!!! Vizo is only one day if his DC# is an even number right now his visitation day is Sat. odd is Sunday, but will changed in Jan. If u get there before 730am u will see a line when u turn off the main road u must stay in the back of the line and follow it to get ur number. If u skip they will either make u leave or go to the very end of the line and yes those lines can get pretty long and the wait to get in is even longer. They have an inside and a big outside area with games for the kids, and a nice walking area outside as well as plenty of benchs. Every camp can be corrupt, some of the officer at ECI are also! If there is anything else specific u'd like to know just let me know. I will be more then happy to answer, I have been with this camp for almost a year.

Old 11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
missin my babe so much

I do, but thankfully we live in region 4 so I really don't have to travel that far, but still have to get up real early to wait in line.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:55 PM
User

Thank you! I'm just worried about how it'll be. I know he has a year til he can go to a work camp (if he's lucky!!) and I don't know how prison works. I'd barely got the hang of jail lol. I do have a few question actually..

1) How long are the visitations?
2) What are quarterly packages? I've seen those mentioned but I have no idea..
3) How much money will he need to start? $20 went a ways in jail, but I don't think that'll be enough now.
4) How's the violence level?

I know it's alottt (and I know I have more.. I'm just drawing a black lol!) But just those answers will be amazingly helpful!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:56 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billings'baby View Post
Thank you! I'm just worried about how it'll be. I know he has a year til he can go to a work camp (if he's lucky!!) and I don't know how prison works. I'd barely got the hang of jail lol. I do have a few question actually..

1) How long are the visitations? 9-3:00
2) What are quarterly packages? I've seen those mentioned but I have no idea.. These are items that can be ordered by the inmate. It includes things like tennis shoes, sweatshirts, "personal" whites like t-shirts, socks and underwear. And they can order shorts for the summer. PJ's are also available. The items can only be ordered during November, February, May and August. He may have missed the deadline for the November order so he needs to check.
3) How much money will he need to start? $20 went a ways in jail, but I don't think that'll be enough now. If he smokes, $20 is not going very far as cigarettes/tobacco is outrageous. Most items on the canteen go up once or twice a year too. Ben told me last night they replaced the deodorant available with a roll-on deodorant and it's now around $5, which is about $2 more than it was.
4) How's the violence level? I don't have any experience with ECI so hopefully lovebaby can help you with that.

I know it's alottt (and I know I have more.. I'm just drawing a black lol!) But just those answers will be amazingly helpful!!
If you have any other questions, just ask and someone will be along to help you if they can.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:23 PM
User

Thank you guys for the answers! I'm hoping to save enough money by the next quarterly to get him what he needs.. *fingers crossed*
Old 11-18-2010, 11:12 PM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
I originally posted this in the Region IV sub forum but haven't gotten any replies so hopefully I'll get some here lol!

I'm wondering who, if any one, has someone at Everglades C.I. and if they can tell me anything about it? What to expect? Rules? Anything would be helpful please?
It can be a very laid back camp at times. Visits are only one day Sat or Sun. depending on the last number of there DC number. Dress code is pretty strict. Anything specific u'd like to know just ask. I haven't been on for a while so I didn't see ur posts til now, but they may move ur post to region 4 forum

Old 11-18-2010, 11:34 PM
missin my babe so much

Quote:

1) How long are the visitations? Visitation is from 9-3 but u have to get there early. If ur there before 730 u have to wait in the line that is as soon as u turn off the main road. At 730 the line will move up to the prison but must stay at the stop sign until an officer comes out to give u a number. If u skip u will be told to go to the end of the line and may even be asked to leave. Have seen both before!
2) What are quarterly packages? I've seen those mentioned but I have no idea.. Quarterly's are at every prison. They can buy things every 3 months from a company the state hires, and they can order things ex. clothes shoes, socks etc things like that. But they only come around every 3 months. This was the month to order and I think the cut off date was monday so he may have to wait until feb. to order.
3) How much money will he need to start? $20 went a ways in jail, but I don't think that'll be enough now. If it's just me and my husband I normally only spend 20, but if I bring the kids I have to bring extra money. You can bring up to $50, but not a $50 bill. The prices are crazy and go up every couple of months so for the first time I would bring some extra money and see how much u really use. Better to have more then less!
4) How's the violence level? Just like every camp! Since my husband has been there I have heard of ppl getting stabbed and beat up, but never to the point to where someone died. Every camp is violent IMO, but as long as he stays to himself he should be fine!

If u think of any other questions don't hesitate to ask. I have been dealing with this camp for over a year already, and am pretty familiar with it. Good luck