Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 11-20-2010, 05:54 PM
User

Thank you I'm sure I'll have more lol.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2010, 03:04 PM
User

I've thought of another lol!!

I need to send him a lot of envelopes and paper, what's the limit and can I send it in a bigger envelope (i.e. like a manila envelope?)
Old 11-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,544 Times in 3,575 Posts

Yes, you can send envelopes and paper in a manilla envelope. Just be sure to remove the metal clasp. You can only send 10 envelopes, 10 sheets of paper and 20 (1 book) of stamps or 20 prestamped envelopes. He can only have 40 stamps in his possession at once.

IMO it's cheaper for them to purchase the envelopes and paper than mail it. I only send stamps.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare

He's home!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 03:46 PM
User

I wish that was an option but I don't have the money to send him canteen $. With the minimum processing fee the $20 I could scrounge up wouldn't do a thing, and his dad is using the "what's the point of sending anything with the processing fee. He'll figure it out" excuse... Grrr right?!

But thanks for answering! I'm gonna send that stuff tomorrow
Old 11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

Processing fee? Are you referring to JPay and WU? If so, did you know you can mail a money order to inmate trust and all it cost is the price of the envelope, stamp and money order and the processing fee is only .50. Whether you are able to send money or not, just some info for you.

He's home!!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:51 PM
User

No I didn't know that! I looked on the website for the info and it kept saying processing fees for everything. But I'm glad you told me that!! Thank you!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:39 AM

Any updated/more detailed visitation info for ECI?
Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 PM
missin my babe so much

What kind of info are u looking for?

Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM

Any info you have I guess - there's a lot of stuff related to driving directions, but as someone who's waiting for visitation approval and never set foot in a prison before (aside from a guided tour of Alcatraz once) I just generally feel pretty lost and have no clue what to expect at all. I'm also not from the state and don't know anything of the area I will be traveling too
Old 12-14-2010, 12:51 AM
missin my babe so much

As far as directions take turnpike South (Miami) to exit 25 which is 8th street get off turnpike make right and keep going straight. After u hit Krome Ave it's gonna be ur first left,and just follow the road around. Since this is ur first time make sure u bring ur ID and if u are bringing any kids with u that are under 12 bring the birth certificate but if ur not the parent u have to bring a notarized letter from the parent with the birth certificate giving u permission to take them. If they are over the age of 12 they have to be approved. When u go they will give u an ID number aka pin number u must bring with u everytime u go and will also take ur pick. They are strict on dress code, NO TIGHT clothing AT ALL!!! Visiting there is pretty peaceful, most the time. They have an inside and outside area. U can only go in with $50 but not a fifty dollar bill, ur ID and either one car key or ur alarm thing. That's really the only thing u can bring in. If there's anything else u would like to know just ask.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:56 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

You should also be able to take an unopened pack of cigarettes or can of tobacco if either one of you smoke.

He's home!!!!
Old 12-14-2010, 01:09 AM
missin my babe so much

Oh yea forgot bout that one thx Ben's girl. The lighter CAN NOT be a Bic lighter and MUST BE clear or at least completely see threw

Old 01-04-2011, 05:16 PM

thanks so much for the info, and sorry for delay on replying -- likely won't be going to ECI now since my friend was transferred to suwannee in North FL
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 AM

Can anyone tell me what to expect with visiting at Everglades CI? Been to a few places so far. Dress code strict? Wait time? Car tag info?
Old 04-01-2011, 06:48 PM
missin my babe so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by vick88 View Post
Can anyone tell me what to expect with visiting at Everglades CI? Been to a few places so far. Dress code strict? Wait time? Car tag info?
Basically it's stilll the same as I wrote earlier in this thread. Yes dress code is extemely strict, wait time just depends on what time u get there and how many ppl are there. They ask for ur tag number to be put on a paper they make u fill out but they don't hassle u bout it if u don't have it. If u have any other questions feel free to ask.

Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Hey does anyone know anything about ECI becoming private and what exactly does all that entail? Do they get charged for things they didn't normally have to pay for before? I tried finding out online but I found nothing...so if anyone could...please let me know if you've got the answer or know what I'm talking about...thanks!
Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 PM
missin my babe so much

Its not just ECI going private it's all region 4, but I don't believe they ahve found a company to take over, so there really is no set date or anything like that. Just keep checking back here. A lot of others on here post a lot about the while private thing.

Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 AM

Question Visitation at Everglades CI

My son was transferred here from Suwannee and this will be my first visit at Everglades, I've seen several posts on information regarding visitation at this facility, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can't get there early is there still a long wait to get into visitation? I have to fly in as we are approx. 6 hours from this facility and my grandson cannot tolerate this drive. I won't even land in Miami until 8 and I have to pick up a rental car and then drive to the prison. After reading how busy this facility gets for visitation I'm worried I will barely be able to visit, any help or info anyone can give me is appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommadux View Post
My son was transferred here from Suwannee and this will be my first visit at Everglades, I've seen several posts on information regarding visitation at this facility, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I can't get there early is there still a long wait to get into visitation? I have to fly in as we are approx. 6 hours from this facility and my grandson cannot tolerate this drive. I won't even land in Miami until 8 and I have to pick up a rental car and then drive to the prison. After reading how busy this facility gets for visitation I'm worried I will barely be able to visit, any help or info anyone can give me is appreciated.
I usually get there around 10-10:30...the waiting time varies on week-by-week basis. Sometimes, you can go right on in. Sometimes you have a couple of people ahead. And sometimes it can be a while. But do keep in mind that it being your first visit, it will be slightly longer but not by too much time. The most I've waited to get in is roughly over an hour to an hour and a half but that's on a busy day. And once you are in there, you'll have another wait for them to actually get your loved one out(about 20-25min in my experience). Just make sure you follow all the visitation rules to avoid further delay. As well as having all your things in order(car keys, money, ID, knowing your tag number). Just read the previous posts to get a better idea. But I feel that since you are landing in Miami, the drive to the prison shouldn't be very long. Just as long as you don't get held up at the rental company you will be just fine!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Donation Award 

Does anyone know how Everglades is inside for the guys? Complaints, good stuff? My son is thinking of putting in for a transfer there so he's closer to home. Does it take as long to get into as the others do? Thanks!
Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 AM

Default Everglades CI Info please

Does anyone dail with Everglades Correctional fac.??
Old 07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
missin my babe so much

My husband was there a while ago and from what we hear now its gotten bad since he left.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:57 AM

Could I get an update on Everglades?

Is visit still only 1 day?
Do they have an MP3 Kiosk?
Baseball? Soccer?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:38 PM

Visits are still once a day...dc # determines which day. And no to all the other things you asked about.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:51 AM

Just thought I would give an update....I called ECI and they do have a kiosk (according to the commissary manager), they do have sports leagues according to the seasons, and visitation is 1 day DC# which end with an odd number are on saturday, evens on sunday. Anyone can visit on the holidays.