Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Now That Your Loved One Is Home...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Now That Your Loved One Is Home... Please share stories about your loved one now they are home.

Old 08-04-2020, 03:47 AM
Donation Award 

Default Shes home 3 weeks, now I am locked up (sorta)

Well I am not locked into an institution, but I am definitely locked up for 2 weeks and wont be home for 5. I had to take a business trip to Italy and the requirements for quarantine are very strict. I have to stay inside the hotel room for a full 14 days including all meals. No outside of room at all 100% of the time.i don't smoke but I have been getting into walking and wanted to get to running again but this will be impossible. Now I am out here and my girl is back at home, we got an awesome 3 weeks together before I had to leave and do this. She is at home laughing about it now while she has the comforts of all the home amenities.

I am thankful though as we can talk for 16 min at a time and send pictures without being scrutinized hahah

Most important thing is shes safe, I don't care about my conditions as long as shes doing good. It is a funny turn-about though in the 3rd week of her coming home from her time down!!!

I miss her already and its the first day!! Maybe she will turn up in the forums writing for support while i'm gone hahahha
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (08-04-2020), maytayah (08-04-2020), miamac (08-04-2020), MizzyMuffling (08-04-2020), nene_510 (08-04-2020), onedayatatime13 (08-04-2020), patchouli (08-04-2020), priceam (08-05-2020), Ricoluv29 (08-04-2020), sidewalker (08-04-2020), trauma4us (08-05-2020), WaitingWilkes (08-04-2020)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2020, 06:24 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,921 Times in 16,456 Posts

hahaha, I can see why she's laughing at you. Thats pretty funny.
(oh, I moved your post to the now that she's home)

I would go out of my mind not being able to venture outside. How sucky that you are in a nice country and cant do anything!!!
So glad to hear she's doing well and is home enjoying it. Again, congrats to you both.
oh and sorry......lol that you are in lockdown in a hotel in Italy.

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 08:28 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,320 Times in 17,213 Posts

Its a cry'n shame she couldn't travel to Italy with you Italy would be my dream vacation After your 2 weeks in quarantine, will you get a chance to do some sightseeing?

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
studebaker71 (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 01:26 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
Its a cry'n shame she couldn't travel to Italy with you Italy would be my dream vacation After your 2 weeks in quarantine, will you get a chance to do some sightseeing?
I'll be here till sept 3!

After the 2 weeks my crew and I will get some work done on a ship then we will likely have some off time here and there since Covid hours at the shipyard are restricted. I have been coming to Italy all my career so many times it really is like this small town and area is home in a way. It is funny because all these years I never got far enough into things to speak the language. I can be lazy like that hahah

I am on day 2 of my lockdown and have not left the room at all. I had to raise a stink to my captors to get me 2L of water per day as they were only gave me 1 .5L water for the first 24 hours. The food is all contracted in and it is just like I would think a fancy prison jail food would be. Everything pre packed and salty and flavorless. rice in a sealed thing, peas in its sealed thing, and a old dry overcooked tunasteak in another sealed thing. That was it! No condiments! I asked what the hell and the hotel said ministry of health strictly controlling food delivery and only contracted food from gov are allowed! This further drove my thought that this is Italian prison food.

I was able though to learn the ways of the prisoner and hustled a bottle of wine and two bottles of beer.

Today is a new day and will require a new hustle. My goals should be self help and a program hahah But I am learning I am the prisoner hustling for hooch!

9 and a wake up! hahah

Sad thing is getting my girl to Italy may be a long legal battle. Shes got felony record so we will need to research that stuff as well as shes on paper for a while probably a year. Last thing I would want to do is get her on the way here and get stuck in passport control in germany or something. Nightmare!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (08-06-2020), patchouli (08-05-2020), sidewalker (08-05-2020)
Old 08-05-2020, 10:29 AM
Donation Award 

It sounds strange that you are "in this position" now. LOL. Nice that you can enjoy! You have the whole life ahead of you, so many new moments. Nice to read.

And next time you're in Italy message me LOL. I cannot go to the US right now and my trip got cancled, but instead I'm going to Italy by car in 4 weeks for a few days. LOL.

I wish you all the best and 2 weeks are nothing like you surely know. smile.
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 10:42 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
It sounds strange that you are "in this position" now. LOL. Nice that you can enjoy! You have the whole life ahead of you, so many new moments. Nice to read.

And next time you're in Italy message me LOL. I cannot go to the US right now and my trip got cancled, but instead I'm going to Italy by car in 4 weeks for a few days. LOL.

I wish you all the best and 2 weeks are nothing like you surely know. smile.
Travel is a weird thing these days. I had to have papers tests and papers for the tests hahah reservations and promises and assurances and everything. the hotel had to have its papers and special food catering and all kinds of hoops to jump through. Its not simple at all right now!
Old 08-05-2020, 11:47 AM
Donation Award 

Thats really crazy. We even don't know where we are allowed to go or not, or to stay .. daily changes ! Ha-ha.. and you came from the US to Europe, thats great that you made it in this crazy times, as long as you are going to be fine and healthy. But lots of Americans are in Croatia because there is no travel ban for them! So how should you understand all this bureaucracy lol. It's really sad that your futures wife isn't able to travel with you, in lockdown with her would be more fun! :-)
The Following User Says Thank You to mauri23 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 12:26 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauri23 View Post
Thats really crazy. We even don't know where we are allowed to go or not, or to stay .. daily changes ! Ha-ha.. and you came from the US to Europe, thats great that you made it in this crazy times, as long as you are going to be fine and healthy. But lots of Americans are in Croatia because there is no travel ban for them! So how should you understand all this bureaucracy lol. It's really sad that your futures wife isn't able to travel with you, in lockdown with her would be more fun! :-)
yeah her traveling will definitely be a battle but I will do what I can and combine that with time we will eventually get there. I am confident.
The Following User Says Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
mauri23 (08-05-2020)
Old 08-20-2020, 09:51 PM
Donation Award 

I want your job!

The food doesn't sound so good though. I'm glad your girl is home and enjoying her freedom. No wonder she is laughing at the reversed circumstances. Stay safe and don't go stir crazy,
Old 08-23-2020, 12:38 PM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,921 Times in 16,456 Posts

Ive been thinking of her this week with our fires up here in Nor Cal. Very glad for her she's not out fighting these but at the same time.....in our area we only have I think 2 inmate crews.Due to covid, they are on lockdown at the prison/camps. We got some relief for some of the firefighters yesterday and some badly needed air support.
I hope you are off lockdown. lol.