Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 06-28-2017, 10:40 AM

Default How long does it take for visit approval? Phone list approval?

Hi everyone my boyfriend just got transported to Department of Corrections Colorado DRDC this morning. I submitted a application for visitation on the 20th but I haven't heard anything. Also does anyone know how long it takes their phone list approved and when will they receive tablets if they are able to have one... Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to casey88 For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (06-28-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey88 View Post
Hi everyone my boyfriend just got transported to Department of Corrections Colorado DRDC this morning. I submitted a application for visitation on the 20th but I haven't heard anything. Also does anyone know how long it takes their phone list approved and when will they receive tablets if they are able to have one... Thank you!
You won't be able to visit while he's at DRDC. He should be able to put you on his phone list. He won't get his tablet until he is at his permanent facility. Some facilities don't have them yet.

Old 06-28-2017, 12:06 PM

Really?? Everything I have read online says they have visitation and even have hours listed. Do you know how long it takes to get the phone list approved?? And I saw on some website that DRDC has the tablets.... But I'm so new to all this.. I'm not sure what is really true.
Old 06-28-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Really?? Everything I have read online says they have visitation and even have hours listed. Do you know how long it takes to get the phone list approved?? And I saw on some website that DRDC has the tablets.... But I'm so new to all this.. I'm not sure what is really true.
There are inmates housed at DRDC and that's their permanent facility. Mostly elderly or sick inmates. Those inmates are eligible for visits. Your BF is in transit so after all testing and classification is complete, he will most likely get transferred to Cell house 5 in Canon City for a week or so then to his permanent facility. Once at his permanent facility you can apply for visits. He has to put in his phone list. They may make him wait but he should be able to put that in now.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Donation Award 

When my loved one was at DRDC waiting to be moved to his permanent facility he was able to get a visit. My Mom and his Mom were able to visit. They put in their visiting applications the first day he was there and the visit was approved so visits can happen while they are awaiting a transfer.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:22 PM
Donation Award 

Just remember at DRDC they are trying to condition them to prison life so they don't get the regular communication like when they are at their permanent facility. It took almost 10 days to two weeks before we heard from him. The communication gets better I promise.
Old 06-28-2017, 08:38 PM

Well he is eligible for parole July 9th and his hearing is in Aug so I'm hoping there won't be anymore transfers. Im hoping to visit next weekend!!
Old 06-29-2017, 11:28 AM

I talked with visitation this morning since he now shows that he is there in the inmate search. They told that they have my application and they will process it today and I have to call back Saturday morning when the boss is there because he approvals or denies them and they will let me know the statues. If I am approved then I will able to visit this weekend!!!
Old 06-29-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
I talked with visitation this morning since he now shows that he is there in the inmate search. They told that they have my application and they will process it today and I have to call back Saturday morning when the boss is there because he approvals or denies them and they will let me know the statues. If I am approved then I will able to visit this weekend!!!
Good luck! If he is eligible for parole in August his hearing should be in July.

Old 06-29-2017, 02:58 PM

On the DOC website it says he's eligible July 9th but his hearing is in Aug but it doesn't have a actual date and says I need to contact his case manager.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Have you been able to visit yet?

Old 07-05-2017, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
Have you been able to visit yet?
I was just approved today so I will be visiting this weekend!!!
Old 07-06-2017, 06:19 AM
Donation Award 

When my family visited they had coin (quarter) operated vending machines. Just want you to be prepared for whatever they may have.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:37 PM

I was able to visit this weekend both Saturday and Sunday!! It was so amazing to see him. But he was transported this morning. Not sure where yet since the website hasn't updated. He's phone list wasn't approved yet as of yesterday at DRDC and he was there for almost 2 weeks. Am I going to have to wait forever before I get a call or does it take forever to get approved?? I'm sure it matters where he's going to... I just want normal calls from him again. Sucks not having daily communication.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I was able to visit this weekend both Saturday and Sunday!! It was so amazing to see him. But he was transported this morning. Not sure where yet since the website hasn't updated. He's phone list wasn't approved yet as of yesterday at DRDC and he was there for almost 2 weeks. Am I going to have to wait forever before I get a call or does it take forever to get approved?? I'm sure it matters where he's going to... I just want normal calls from him again. Sucks not having daily communication.
Most likely he will go to cell house 5 then to his permanent facility. He will most likely go to A&O and then he should be able to put his phone list in. It all could take a couple weeks just depends on where he goes. You can send him JPay letters but he will only be able to respond via snail mail.

Old 07-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Donation Award 

He should be able to call from Cell House 5 at Territorial while waiting to be moved to his permanent facility at least my loved one was able to call from there. He was there for about 5 days then moved. They are not told where they will be assigned until they get to the permanent facility. As soon as we found out where he was we filled out the application and over nighted it so that we could be approved to visit as soon as possible. This is a very difficult time for you both right now but it does smooth out.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
He should be able to call from Cell House 5 at Territorial while waiting to be moved to his permanent facility at least my loved one was able to call from there. He was there for about 5 days then moved. They are not told where they will be assigned until they get to the permanent facility. As soon as we found out where he was we filled out the application and over nighted it so that we could be approved to visit as soon as possible. This is a very difficult time for you both right now but it does smooth out.
I talked with DRDC this morning when I figured out that he was being transported and I asked if I was going to have to fill out another application for visits because I thought I saw that somewhere and he said no! That it will follow him but to make sure to call ahead because most are by appointment only.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 AM

He is at Cheyenne mountain re entry center. That's a good thing right. That he might get paroled next month!! And I'm so glad it's not that far away!! I hope I get a call soon!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
He is at Cheyenne mountain re entry center. That's a good thing right. That he might get paroled next month!! And I'm so glad it's not that far away!! I hope I get a call soon!
I hope get a call soon too! CRMC has their tablets so that's good! Parole will look at several things in order to determine if he is paroled. Hope for the best but expect the worst...keep us posted!

Old 07-11-2017, 06:10 PM
Donation Award 

You should call CMRC to see if you need to fill out an application for visits. I am not familiar with that facility but most other DOC facilities you need to fill out an application for that specific facility they do not transfer facilities.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse1 View Post
You should call CMRC to see if you need to fill out an application for visits. I am not familiar with that facility but most other DOC facilities you need to fill out an application for that specific facility they do not transfer facilities.
I'd call. My husband's visiting list has moved with him to every facility with the exception of when he was moved to Oklahoma.

Old 07-11-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
I'd call. My husband's visiting list has moved with him to every facility with the exception of when he was moved to Oklahoma.
Yeah I tired again tonight hoping I would get a new person and they might give me more information. It was a different person but they said the same thing that I have to call back on Friday. So I guess that's what I will do. I just hate waiting.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:48 PM
Blueyes

Yeah, it's interesting how you can talk to a different person and get a different answer. Unfortunately that didn't happen with you.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Yeah I tired again tonight hoping I would get a new person and they might give me more information. It was a different person but they said the same thing that I have to call back on Friday. So I guess that's what I will do. I just hate waiting.
Girl you better learn some patience. Your loved one is in Doc custody. No matter what you do it's all about waiting. LOL