Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:44 PM

Default Visiting Freemont WOW

Yesterday was my fist visit with my son at Freemont. Wow is all I can say. So this is how my day went. Get to the visitor complex where there are abosolutly no directions to pretty much and only one sign as you are coming out of Canon City, but we find our way there any way. So because I was the only one in my family of my husband and daughter that was on the approved visitor list I just had my husband drop me off. So i swallow the lump in my throat and walk through the front doors and walk up to the visit desk and ask tell the two very nice ladys sitting at the front that I was there for my first visit. They told me I needed to fill out a consent form on the oppisite wall then I needed to be checked in. So I go to fill out the consent form and its asking about the car I rode in. As I was dropped of I had no clue what to say so I walked up to them again and asked thinking great already i am making a mistake how ever the nice lady said to me just put that you were dropped off. I did that quickly then went to be checked in. Then after being checked in I needed to buy my vending card for the visit and to load the card as well. This is where things would have been messed up you need do have a dollar bill to buy the card with if you dont have a dollar you can not buy the card. Thank goodness I had the dollar. After the initial purchasing of the card you can use up to 20 dollar bills to load the card with. So I put all my money on the card so that this visit went off with out a hitch. I also made sure that I was able to use the card again next time and they said yes. Then I walked through the metal detector and was wanded and searched to sit for what felt like forever in the waiting room to be loaded on to buses and bused to the facility for the visit. The time comes to start loading the bus and I ask one of the guards what facility he is loading and he tells me this lady asks me what facilty am I going to she is going to visit as well this lady is going to the same place as me and she then informs me that they take people on the bus rows at a time and I happen to be sitting in the last row. I am just crushed and almost start bawling right there cause then that means according to here that when I do get there there will be not food left in the machines and that it takes them about an hour to do the next bus. I asked her what I should do and she oh hell come and stand with us. I showed her my check in time 7:36 am and then the next thing I know I am getting on the bus. When we got to the facility and went in side all I could think about was getting assigned a table and waiting for my son to come out and getting food. Mainly for my son to come out when he came out I couldnt help my self I ran to him and hugged him I have not hugged my son or touched him in 2 years the longest 2 years of my life. When I told the lady that let me stand with her how much time had gone by she was the most amazing thing and so was her friend. They both took me under thier wings and really showed me the ropes I am for ever thankful to them and hope that I am able to see them again when I visit in the futer doing it like a pro.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeartbrokeinCO For This Useful Post:
canttouchthis (12-30-2017), maytayah (10-22-2017), nimuay (12-17-2017), sass4221 (10-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 05:03 AM

Through this whole nightmare I've found little rays of sunshine just like that. Out in the 'real world' I've always believed treating people nice is important & try to surround myself with like-minded people. But in this 'nightmare world' that becomes so much more important, and so much more difficult to find. When you come across a kind person, cling to that. They're still out there.
Old 12-16-2017, 06:52 PM
Donation Award 

It is so good when you get that first hug. It is so difficult the first time visiting.