Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado Prison & Jail – Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Information relating to the Colorado Department of Corrections. This includes info about Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail.

Old 11-03-2017, 06:55 PM

Default Colorado Special Visitation

Hi All

My LO is in Arkansas Valley CF and I sent in a special visitation application the other day and got an email back saying that I can only visit Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday OR Friday Saturday Sunday Monday.
I'll be travelling from Ireland and will only be there for the week so I'm wondering if anyone else had the same restrictions on not being able to see their LO for more than 4 days in a row and not being able to see them at all on a Tuesday or Wednesday?
We're also looking at him transferring to another facility closer to his Grandma if their visitation allowances were better. So if anyone had any information about special visits for Territorial/Centennial/Fremont I would much appreciate it.
Thanks for any responses.
LDO
Sponsored Links
Old 11-03-2017, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledarkone View Post
Hi All

My LO is in Arkansas Valley CF and I sent in a special visitation application the other day and got an email back saying that I can only visit Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday OR Friday Saturday Sunday Monday.
I'll be travelling from Ireland and will only be there for the week so I'm wondering if anyone else had the same restrictions on not being able to see their LO for more than 4 days in a row and not being able to see them at all on a Tuesday or Wednesday?
We're also looking at him transferring to another facility closer to his Grandma if their visitation allowances were better. So if anyone had any information about special visits for Territorial/Centennial/Fremont I would much appreciate it.
Thanks for any responses.
LDO
My husband just transferred from AVCF - he was there almost 10 years. I"m from out-of-state and I was allowed special visits once a month. I would call or email the facility and advise that you are traveling from out of the country. I have visit 6 days in a row before. There are restrictions on Thursdays (I believe the 3rd Thursday of each month) due to parole hearings.

It's up to DOC to transfer him to another facility - they usually don't take into family circumstances into consideration (unfortunately). Much depends on his charges, programming requirements, points, etc. I do know that the Canon City complex only allows inmates special visits 1x a quarter.

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
littledarkone (11-03-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
My husband just transferred from AVCF - he was there almost 10 years. I"m from out-of-state and I was allowed special visits once a month. I would call or email the facility and advise that you are traveling from out of the country. I have visit 6 days in a row before. There are restrictions on Thursdays (I believe the 3rd Thursday of each month) due to parole hearings.

It's up to DOC to transfer him to another facility - they usually don't take into family circumstances into consideration (unfortunately). Much depends on his charges, programming requirements, points, etc. I do know that the Canon City complex only allows inmates special visits 1x a quarter.
Thank you so much for your reply. See I scanned in the special visitation form and emailed it. The officer who replied just emailed me back saying unfortunately they don't accept scanned forms and I'll have to post it so perhaps she didn't actually open the attachment and didn't realise I'm coming from Ireland.
I'll email and ask but this is definitely good news to hear. A is eligible for transfer to the incentive units of the 3 facilities I mentioned. His grandma lives in west Colorado so it would be a lot easier for her to get to see him more too.
When was the last time you visited your hubby in AVCF? Where did he move to? (Apologies if I'm being too nosey )
Old 11-04-2017, 06:55 PM

I know every facility is a little different. My son is at one of the private prisons so that may make a difference too. Regardless I wanted to let you know that you can sometimes get a little further if you talk directly to your loved one's case manager rather than the visitation folks. At least for application approval stuff. It worked well for me getting mine approved quickly.
The Following User Says Thank You to somom For This Useful Post:
littledarkone (11-04-2017)
Old 11-04-2017, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somom View Post
I know every facility is a little different. My son is at one of the private prisons so that may make a difference too. Regardless I wanted to let you know that you can sometimes get a little further if you talk directly to your loved one's case manager rather than the visitation folks. At least for application approval stuff. It worked well for me getting mine approved quickly.
Oh that's really good to know. I almost cried when she told me I could only visit 4 days. And one of the days I'm not allowed visit is A's birthday :-( I really hope I can get approval for more.
Thanks so much for your response. It's really appreciated.