Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 06-08-2017, 08:03 AM

Default Parole to home or halfway house?

Hi all, my son is being released on 6-20-17 and tdcj website says location - Huntsville. The problem is I don't know if they mean to address he submitted or halfway house. You see, since the address he gave them is the same address his cousin paroled to ( his uncles home) parole lady xalled and uncle told them he could stay here but his son who just paroled to his home is here too. Am I even making sense, lol. She did not say either way if this address is approved. Who would I call to ask? Since tdcj website says release date : 6-20-17, mandatory release : scheduled release date 6-20-17 release location : huntsville does this mean this address is ok? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2017, 12:37 PM

no Huntsville is the location/ prison (walls Unit) in which he will be released, not where he will be staying
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 AM

No, you misunderstood my question. I know the Huntsville unit is the release unit. My question is when he is released from the Huntsville unit, how do you find out if its a release to home or a halfway house.?
Old 06-09-2017, 08:07 AM

My LO is getting released on the 23rd. They won't know until the day of their release, when their papers get handed to them. The lady also mentioned that they should go to whatever address they gave the IPO during the review process. In my case, my LO gave my address and a half way house, so it could be either one.. Good luck, and I hope it's not a HWH for either of us
Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 AM

Oh ok, thanks for your reply. Yes, hopefully your lo and mine get to come home.
Old 06-09-2017, 03:52 PM

I'm thinking if it was your house you should have some indication because that would have had to be approved in advance by the parole officer.

The parole officer called me back in Feb to approve my home they even came out. Hes not expected to be released until July but that was done way in advance
Old 06-14-2017, 08:12 AM

Our's is kind of a messed up situation, My LO will be on parole in Texas and PA, but his home state is NY... confusing to him and I, very.. as we don't know which way it will go when he's released, but in the beginning when TX came to get him.. PA only let him go under the stipulation that he is returned to PA after he served his time in TX, for a crime he committed back in 96. They lost 5 years of paperwork when he was incarcerated down there, saying that he wasn't there, when he was, so he should have been off parole this year.