Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > PWCIP - Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PWCIP - Introductions Welcome to the Parents With Children in Prison Forum. Please take a few minutes to introduce yourself!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:14 AM

Default Worried mother

Hi all, my daughter is currently serving 12 months for larceny. She is half way through but still struggling and having emotional issues. I worry for her deeply.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2015, 10:01 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,512 Times in 11,933 Posts

I hope she gets the help she needs during her sentence, but if not (it may not even be possible there), I hope you can convince her to accept professional assistance when she gets out.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
I hope she gets the help she needs during her sentence, but if not (it may not even be possible there), I hope you can convince her to accept professional assistance when she gets out.
Thanks hun, I agree with you. It sounds like there is little help for her where she is at the moment, and that they don't really know how to deal with her illness (my daughter suffers from bipolar).

I feel incredibly guilty for allowing myself to believe that she was doing fine living away from home after she left college. When she is released she will be coming home to live us. She needs to be somewhere she'll be taken care of, and where people can provide her with support and make sure she gets the treatment she needs. I can't wait to have her back home and safe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintermisk For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-18-2015), mandymoo (06-03-2018)
Old 07-05-2015, 09:53 PM
Liz

Thanked 1,208 Times in 467 Posts

I hope all goes well when she is out. Dealing with bipolar is not easy and trying to find and maintain the right meds can be frustrating for the child and the parents. She is lucky to have you on her side.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
mandymoo (06-03-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermisk View Post
Hi all, my daughter is currently serving 12 months for larceny. She is half way through but still struggling and having emotional issues. I worry for her deeply.
I understand, Mine is SS 7/23 and I so dread the day she goes. I'll be praying for your daughter as well. As I stated, I'm just trying to educate myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to popesgirl1967 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-24-2018), mandymoo (06-03-2018), wintermisk (05-31-2018)
Old 05-31-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popesgirl1967 View Post
I understand, Mine is SS 7/23 and I so dread the day she goes. I'll be praying for your daughter as well. As I stated, I'm just trying to educate myself.
Hi hun. I don't come on here a lot any more, but I just saw you had written on my post. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind words. My post is from a few years ago now, and thankfully my daughter has subsequently been released. It has been a long road and she is still getting over some aspects of her incarceration, but she is safe and that is the main thing. It was certainly the hardest year of my life when I was inside. I almost fell apart with fear and stress for my girl. I know it is hard, but please try and stay strong both for yourself and her. If you or your daughter have any questions please write and I will try my best to answer them.
The Following User Says Thank You to wintermisk For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-31-2018)
Old 06-03-2018, 03:20 PM

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermisk View Post
Thanks hun, I agree with you. It sounds like there is little help for her where she is at the moment, and that they don't really know how to deal with her illness (my daughter suffers from bipolar).

I feel incredibly guilty for allowing myself to believe that she was doing fine living away from home after she left college. When she is released she will be coming home to live us. She needs to be somewhere she'll be taken care of, and where people can provide her with support and make sure she gets the treatment she needs. I can't wait to have her back home and safe.
Hello my heart goes out to you. I too have a child that has mental illness (schitzoeffective) and facing years to life in prison. I hoped that i would not have to visit this site again, but thankful that it is here for support!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mslay1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (06-03-2018), wintermisk (08-21-2018)