Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 12-07-2017, 10:31 AM

Default Intro--MarieTiff from Michigan

I joined this forum to find answers and help for by friend David who is in FCI Elkton Ohio arrived there 2 days ago. He just left the OKC processing he was transferred from Terre Haute IN to Elkton OH he has 3 years to go and has been in for 7 total. We have been using corrilinks to keep in contact. While he was in OKC someone told him about a website called text2inmate where it would send corrilinks messages via text to phones. I set it up last night and messaged him on Corrilinks with the email address they provided to add to his contacts to make this system work. I wake up this morning to check my corrilinks messages and it said the inmate removed me from his contacts. Now after further research I'm finding that the BOP probably removed me from his email list, after screening the message because this is third party contacting. I'm new to this whole thing, so this was a hard lesson to learn. I messaged text2inmate customer service with a shame on you for preying on people who have loved ones locked up. It cost me $15 to sign up no refund and now I'm off his approved email contact list. I asked his mother to message him through her corrilinks account so she could let him know what happened. Back to pen and paper which I like better anyway but the more instant communication was so nice. I'm pretty bummed out today over this. If anyone has any advice on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you, Tiffany
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 17,327 Times in 10,456 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Have him check with his bop unit team. It may be able to be fixed as easily as having him send you a new email invitation message. It will depend on what actually happened to get you removed. If you had mistakenly blocked a phone call instead, there would be some additional bop hoops to go through to fix phone calls, so it may be true for emails too.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Default Thank you

I'm hoping it will be a quick fix. He was in Terre Haute and was caught while talking on a cell phone to his mom that he borrowed. A month later they found a phone that was his. He spent 2½ months in the SHU waiting for transfer, he had never had a shot the entire time he's been in there until these. And of course it's the worst possible shot he could get he's lost all good time and all phone privileges until September of 2018. So letters and corrilinks have been our only connection. I wrote him every day while in the shu for all 2½ months to keep his spirits up. Then we were able to finally message with corrilinks while in OKC. I'm just so frustrated over all this!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:36 AM

Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,037 Posts

Ouch that's not good at all. Hope your able to contact him soon.