Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-04-2017, 07:41 PM

Default Intro - tweetie003

Hi All! Not sure how long we have but my fiance' is in Egeler currently waiting to be classified and placed. He is in on a non violent crime, Failing to Pay child support (all back support). It's a long story, but who's isn't? This really sucks that they but people in prison over child support when there are a lot more violent things that a person could go to prison over. This is absolutely crazy to me, but then who am I? I am someone who LOVES an "inmate". I am now raising my son and his son that he has custody of.....Hopefully he will be home soon, but honestly, who really knows? Too bad Michigan doesn't have good time and they have TIS.

Please feel free to message me if anyone would like....I could really use someone to talk to, someone who understands and we ALL are here for the same reason.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2017, 09:09 PM

Welcome. Glad to have met you. I hope you find lots of support as we are all here for the same thing.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:44 PM

Default :)

Thank you!! I look forward to talking with all the ladies in here.....
Old 03-05-2017, 06:26 AM
Je ne regrette rien
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,444 Times in 740 Posts

Welcome back on these boards I am sure you'll find people to talk with and hopefully it will make this journey easier on you; we are here for each other and supporting one another regardless of what our loved ones' crimes are
Old 03-05-2017, 08:09 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 5,449 Times in 2,454 Posts

Hello and welcome to PTO

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
Old 03-05-2017, 10:38 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetie003 View Post
Hi All! Not sure how long we have but my fiance' is in Egeler currently waiting to be classified and placed. He is in on a non violent crime, Failing to Pay child support (all back support). It's a long story, but who's isn't? This really sucks that they but people in prison over child support when there are a lot more violent things that a person could go to prison over. This is absolutely crazy to me, but then who am I? I am someone who LOVES an "inmate". I am now raising my son and his son that he has custody of.....Hopefully he will be home soon, but honestly, who really knows? Too bad Michigan doesn't have good time and they have TIS.

Please feel free to message me if anyone would like....I could really use someone to talk to, someone who understands and we ALL are here for the same reason.
Hello , I am sorry this is happening to you, I am in another state then you but where I live they will , seize the person income tax so if this is how it works where you live , hopefully this will be enough to cover your fiancé purge so he can come home to you and his children asap , they also have where I live , work release for 6 months or pay the purge while working while your in the work release and be released whichever occurs first . Best wishes to you and your fiancé
Old 03-05-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always_His View Post
Hello , I am sorry this is happening to you, I am in another state then you but where I live they will , seize the person income tax so if this is how it works where you live , hopefully this will be enough to cover your fiancé purge so he can come home to you and his children asap , they also have where I live , work release for 6 months or pay the purge while working while your in the work release and be released whichever occurs first . Best wishes to you and your fiancé
Yes here in Michigan they will take the taxes to cover the child support but they won't release you any sooner. And we don't have work release in this state either. Once sentenced you have a minimum you have to serve before you can even be considered to come home. Michigan is pretty rough.

Old 03-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Be a voice Not an echo

Hi and Welcome

Old 03-05-2017, 02:08 PM

Hi and welcome